Maine Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

tranny issues????

Old 03-10-2011, 06:50 AM
ubs04350
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tranny issues????

It is a 98 Club Wagon xlt bought it last year with 368000 mi on it aso the price was really fair which worked for me since it was winter and work was slow.

Now it has 389000 on it and the tranny has gone crazy it is a v10 and the tranny on the way home. First it was shifting funny then not at all and then I stopped to pick up my daughter and i played the with shifter got it into reverse and reverse is all there was in every shifting position then after playing with it some more got it to go forward. But not well so with daughter on board we limped toward home and about 1/2 way there i had nothing so while i was contemplating whether to call a tow truck or have a friend tow it back to the house. We were sitting with it in park it slammed hard and I had forward gears again. Drove it home on the way it tryed to down shift slammed again and we made it home. Only now there is no reverse. What I have done sofar is change the shift lever sensor and the filter and about 5 quarts of fluid still no reverse and the shifter is messed up besides not having reverse. It wants to go forward in neutral and there seems to be nothing in park or reverse. This is what it was doing before I did anything as far as the changing of parts and filter. Is there any one out there that has some idea of what the issue is with the tranny and can I fix it myself?

I really like this truck it has served my well and would like to fix it.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:21 AM
Darksidesm
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning and welcome to the forums!!!

I'm sorry I can't help you with your question but you should be able to find some help at this link 1968 - Present Full Size Vans - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums. This forum is for 1968 - Present Full Size Vans.

Also be sure and join the Maine chapter and stop by the Monthly B/S thread and say "Hi"...

Search this Thread