6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Anyone know what % mark-up there is over invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A KR with a $59K sticker? My Lariat stickers for nearly 3K more. Is it a regular cab 2wd?

Used vehicles aren't as big a deal as far as what day of the month it is, but you are risking it being gone if you wait.

When I was looking for 2011 used diesels I found many that were mid to high 40s. Once the 2012 is released the used 2011 will drop another 2-3K.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Starwarrior1
Freshman User
Purchasing Power

Their is nothing like that new car smell... I waited for mine to be delivered. Brandy new, no test drives, right off the truck, through the shop, and in my driveway. Nothing is more exciting. Better to live with a few less options in my book.

Due to the gas price war that is being jambed down the American publics throat it's a buyers market for big riggs and Ford is itching to maintain sales. End of month or holiday sales is always a plus.
Since truck fuel economy is not being published the word has not gotten out that the 6.7L fuel mileage can be phonemonal as opposed to yester years models. 400HP 800fp torque 7800 lb trucks getting 23mph. Who would have thunk itwas possible??? The used car lots are also filling up with gas guzzlers so if you are looking to trade one in you better unload her soon before they lower the boom on trade in prices. Don't let it kid you though dealers are in business to make money and that they will do. Fight for your price and make an obsession out of it. You can always raise your price, you can't lower it. Hit a few dealers around the area before getting serious with the one you want to buy from and get them to say "no deal" a couple of times so you can get an idea where the bottom is. Don't fall for the tissue price pitch either because they all work with incentive programs and PAC profits are already built into the numbers. Those little index cards that the salesman reads has little codes in the corners of the cards letting him know exacly what the bottom line price is. It is a numbers game and the object is to get as much money out of your pocket as possible. Believe me I have had deals squashed for $25.00 and told that the car will not move off the lot for $1.00 less. In plain english play "LOW BALL" and play to win. Once you sign on the dotted line you own it so make sure when you finally do sign, everything you want is in the deal. "NO EXCEPTIONS, NO KIDDING"

Old 05-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
and Ford supposedly makes $18K per truck on the SDs....how's that make you feel?

Old 05-10-2011, 09:19 PM
2horses
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Biggziff
A KR with a $59K sticker? My Lariat stickers for nearly 3K more. Is it a regular cab 2wd?
Nope, crew cab FX4. Chrome package, but no navigation center. Not sure what your Lariat has that this KR doesn't, but I didn't see anything missing!!

So, do y'all think 5000 miles make it used?

Old 05-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 2horses
Nope, crew cab FX4. Chrome package, but no navigation center. Not sure what your Lariat has that this KR doesn't, but I didn't see anything missing!!

So, do y'all think 5000 miles make it used?
Post the vin number if you can.

Yes, 5000 miles means it's used. To some, 1 mile on a previously titled vehicle is too much...to others (me included) 10,000 miles is no big deal as I tend to keep vehicles for a while.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:48 AM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggziff
Yes, 5000 miles means it's used.

Even with 5K on the odometer it is possible to be sold as new. Much will depend on the current title status.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD
Even with 5K on the odometer it is possible to be sold as new. Much will depend on the current title status.
Yep...that's why I mentioned "previously titled vehicle"

Old 05-11-2011, 11:01 AM
2horses
Laughing Gas
Here's the VIN - it was the dealership owner's personal ride. Doubt the title got transferred.

1FT7W2BT3BEB24091

Only thing I would change is from 18" to 20" rims - love the way the bigger tires look.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:33 AM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's the VIN - it was the dealership owner's personal ride. Doubt the title got transferred.

1FT7W2BT3BEB24091
You would be correct. This is still a "new" unit.

Maybe you'll get lucky, but I would not expect a stellar deal. Probably not much more in the way of discounts then you would normally see on a new truck with the exception of a few $$$ off for the mileage.

I would be worth comparing any deal offered on this demo vs new as the numbers may be closer then expected...

Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 AM
2horses
Laughing Gas
Well, I can always try. If they don't wanna deal then it just wasn't meant to be. I know what I want to pay and will (hopefully) stick to that, and not get all emotional about it <sigh>. But this one dang fine truck!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Well, I can always try. If they don't wanna deal then it just wasn't meant to be. I know what I want to pay and will (hopefully) stick to that, and not get all emotional about it <sigh>. But this one dang fine truck!
Figure 3% of the MSRP less freight to get the holdback amount on the truck. Should be around $1700. Offer invoice, less $1700, less some amount for the miles as a starting point (plus any incentives) The truck is probably floor planned which means the dealer is paying interest on it each month.... An educated buyer usually does better.

Best wishes!

</sigh>

Old 05-11-2011, 12:23 PM
darrelf150
New User
Great advice Mav, this gives me the itch to buy a new truck.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Trainin' Wheels
New User
New 2011 Ford Super Duty F-250 Price Quote w/ MSRP, Dealer Cost & Invoice

Here is an example of dealer cost v/s what u can pay. Truecar is a pretty good site for finding dealers that will give the best deals.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:19 PM
nebmike
Senior User
I kinda breezed through this thread, but one thing I didnt see suggested is to just ask the dealer for a copy of the actual invoice. I've not done business with a Ford dealer yet who wouldnt give me a copy.

I like to get them for two reasons -- the biggest for me is that sometimes there is equipment or options that arent listed on the window sticker (and I want to know exactly what I'm getting). The second reason is that it will detail the invoice price, A & X plan prices, as well as the holdback.

Having a copy is a good way to give you a little more ground to stand on when you make your offer.

I just bought an F350 Lariat at the end of May that stickered for just shy of $59k. Inovice price was like $52.3k, and holdback was a little over $1,700. Dealer had it on the lot since late October, and Ford was offering $4500 in incentives. I got them to drop the dealer prep fee by 50%, and I walked out paying $46.6k plus taxes. I dont have a problem with them making a little money as long as they treat me well and as long as I know I'm not getting completely screwed on the deal.

I've gotten into the habit over the years of trying to do car (and camper) deals towards the end of a model year and during the last 2-3 days of a calendar month. Both things tend to result in either better incentives or the dealer being more willing to come down on price (or both).

An interesting anectode though -- in the next cubicle over, was a young couple who were buying a loaded F150. A couple of times when the salesman got up and walked away, I overheard them talking about how excited they were that they got him to come down $750 off of the sticker price. OUCH!!! LOL

Old 07-13-2011, 02:40 PM
flyingphaton
New User
ford lightning

just signed on with this group. i drive a ford lightning 2000. recently purchased this truck has only 50,000 miles on it. looking for info. anyonespajamatop@aol.com.

Quick Reply: Anyone know what % mark-up there is over invoice?