Wyoming Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: coolbeans

The Somewhat Official February BS Thread...

Old 02-10-2011, 03:54 PM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
As little as possible!! LOL!

I work for a telecommunications company that is family owned. I am the guy that builds the software,(routing) in the switch so our landline customers can dial whatever they need to, have whatever options they need, (or want to pay for), etc. Also I do the same for our cellular subscribers here, and while roaming, as well as all the other roaming subscribers from other carriers, like AT&T,T Mobile, Orange Mauritius,etc. who roam in our network. I do all the troubleshooting, routing, building domestic, and international carriers to be roaming partners with us. I also build the software for our TDMA (Digital), and our GSM cell sites in our 4 state area, which is Wyo,Utah,Colorado,Idaho. Been doing this now for about 17 years. If you travel in my network, and your cell phone acts up,I'm the guy that fixes it if it is our problem. There are a few other people here that do some of these things, I am now pretty much the dude who does all domestic and international roaming back and forth.

You?

Old 02-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Midwest Dually
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like Union Wireless up there huh? Pretty tech type job!!!!

Old 02-11-2011, 05:07 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning Wyoming!

TGIF!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Good morning Wyoming, happy Friday!

Originally Posted by coolbeans
As little as possible!! LOL!

I work for a telecommunications company that is family owned. I am the guy that builds the software,(routing) in the switch so our landline customers can dial whatever they need to, have whatever options they need, (or want to pay for), etc. Also I do the same for our cellular subscribers here, and while roaming, as well as all the other roaming subscribers from other carriers, like AT&T,T Mobile, Orange Mauritius,etc. who roam in our network. I do all the troubleshooting, routing, building domestic, and international carriers to be roaming partners with us. I also build the software for our TDMA (Digital), and our GSM cell sites in our 4 state area, which is Wyo,Utah,Colorado,Idaho. Been doing this now for about 17 years. If you travel in my network, and your cell phone acts up,I'm the guy that fixes it if it is our problem. There are a few other people here that do some of these things, I am now pretty much the dude who does all domestic and international roaming back and forth.

You?
Lanny, I work at a nuclear power station just north of Omaha. I do calibration and repair of all of the portable radiation detection equipment, and the personnel contamination monitors.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:14 AM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Wyoming. Tying to get my remodeled bathroom wrapped up this weekend. Going to work on tiling the tub surround today and some trim. Hopefully it will be shower ready by sunday.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Morning Miles, I see you've got the weekend all planned. I'm going to do a few odds and ends around the house that I've been saving for this time of the year.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Midwest Dually
Like Union Wireless up there huh? Pretty tech type job!!!!
Exactly! We are having a lot of fun migrating from Nortel switches to Ericsson. Not my idea of a good time! Hopefully, just 3 years to go!

Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Good morning Wyoming, happy Friday!

Lanny, I work at a nuclear power station just north of Omaha. I do calibration and repair of all of the portable radiation detection equipment, and the personnel contamination monitors.
That sounds like a really cool job!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:27 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Morning Lanny. Yeah, I really like it. I started here in 99, doing security. Did that for a year, then got into the instrument and cotrol shop, actually working on the plant. Did that until 2007, when this job opened up. I pretty much work on my own, I have a great supervisor who just lets me do my job. I really enjoy the work, also!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Thumbs up

Good Morning Everyone!
Finally, Friday..even though I am on call, I look forward to the weekend!
We get the grandkids all night!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:47 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
You and me both!! Going to be pretty nice, temps near 50!

Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Morning Lanny. Yeah, I really like it. I started here in 99, doing security. Did that for a year, then got into the instrument and cotrol shop, actually working on the plant. Did that until 2007, when this job opened up. I pretty much work on my own, I have a great supervisor who just lets me do my job. I really enjoy the work, also!
I would LOVE to have a job like that again...mine used to be that way, I had the entire half of a building by myself..my supervisor, (who owned part of the company), was the absolute best boss, and friend, a guy could have...her office was on the other end of the same building, so she bought a couple of cordless phones so we could sit outside under the trees and only have to be in front of the computers when someone needed something. She passed away in '02, and I have had a string of, well, lets say some very interesting individuals posing as managers, etc., since. LOL!

Old 02-11-2011, 10:06 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
That's too bad. I'm sure someday things will change here. I do enjoy not having the reams of paperwork that I would have if I was still working on the plant. The regulations and restrictions you would not beleive!!

Old 02-11-2011, 11:05 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by mwvdub
Good morning Wyoming. Tying to get my remodeled bathroom wrapped up this weekend. Going to work on tiling the tub surround today and some trim. Hopefully it will be shower ready by sunday.

Yeah, I have 2 bathrooms that need to be totally redone! It just never quits!

Old 02-11-2011, 11:11 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I need to get started refinishing my stair railings.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:29 AM
coolbeans
FTE Chapter Leader

I just finished shutting down the pool, cleaning the filter baskets, replacing the filter element, and replacing the filter bearing, cleaning the salt generator..and now it's all back together, and runs smooth and quiet. The next thing is the 2 bathrooms, then a new forced air heating and air conditioning unit, and then on to redesigning and completing the kitchen! Like I say, it never quits!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Somewhat Official February BS Thread...