Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

February 2011 - Indiana BS thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
About the same here Wag, had a couple inches of snow this morning now looks like sleet.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:13 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hes was 3 years ago..heres a link to my hunting thread with recent and old harvests..

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...k-in-here.html

Old 02-01-2011, 01:14 PM
dave47111
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jsut rain here They are sying now, we may get up to an inch. That is just enough for them to go coat the roads with salt and mess up the truck. I was really hoping that we would get enuff snow to make it worth while. this winter we have had more snow events than usual but we keep dodging the big ones!

Old 02-01-2011, 01:34 PM
nebo
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cbradford
About the same here Wag, had a couple inches of snow this morning now looks like sleet.
yep, looks like we're getting ready for the big one now.
Originally Posted by im2tall33
hes was 3 years ago..heres a link to my hunting thread with recent and old harvests..

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...k-in-here.html
very nice!! seeing those guys hanging in the barn helps put into perspective what you guys go through to handle and process those large animals. Never been elk hunting, maybe one day.
Originally Posted by dave47111
Jsut rain here They are sying now, we may get up to an inch. That is just enough for them to go coat the roads with salt and mess up the truck. I was really hoping that we would get enuff snow to make it worth while. this winter we have had more snow events than usual but we keep dodging the big ones!
I don't think they really have any idea what's going to happen around here other than somethings gonna happen.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:37 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
weve made it alot easier with our kubota lol...just scoop up the animal and bring it home lol

Old 02-01-2011, 01:38 PM
nebo
Posting Guru
yea, I noticed that. definately helps out I'm sure.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
yeah those elk are heavy!!!putting them whole in the back of a truck is hard...thats without a tractor

Old 02-01-2011, 04:57 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
Well we're definitely in the middle of it now.

If it goes all night like they say it will be one big mess for sure.

Joe, we hardly ever get the lake effect snow. That stuff normally stays farther east, hitting Valpo, LaPorte and Michigan City mostly.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:06 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Dave,

Man that stinks...I've been watching the weather map...holy cow!...Fort Wayne is right on the edge of the ice/snow line...watching the map really made me crazy so I had to go for a walk and get some fresh air...here's my lunchtime trek out into the horrible outdoors here...

SORRY for the sun glare off my perfect scalp!!!...

I couldn't resist...and BTW...remember the weather is the ONLY THING these nuts have out here! LOL

Joe

Old 02-01-2011, 06:14 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Evening Indiana! Just realized I never stopped by to wish you all a happy first day of Feb... some people's manors...

Snow has stopped for now here, we didn't get too much, and what we did get ended up blown into drifts.

Hey Joe - Great job rubbing in your terrible weather experience today! I think your family and fellow chapter members should meet you at the airport on Thursday and give you a 'special' welcome home message...

Great story about your chats in first class... My family and I are big Food Network fans too. That's funny about Moore, I'm surprised he was even flying commercial, figured him as the private jet type, lol. I sat next to Mayor Daley from Chicago to DC once... not sure how I ended up with an upgrade on that one, it was the week of Clinton's inauguration. Everybody in first that day was headed to the ceremony. They definitely forgot to check my political affiliation before giving me that upgrade.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:14 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
My eyes my EYES!!!! Thanks for the glare Joe!!!

Well I'm in after round one with the snowblower. By the time I was finished it was already an inch or so again and the drifts were 3-4 inches high. It's gonna be a doozy alright! I think I'll hit it once more tonight and then wait until tomorrow for the mother lode. I would have taken a few photos but you really couldn't see much. Maybe tomorrow.

How's everybody else doing out there tonight?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
Post 666.

This one is to get me to 667.

Regards.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Heck...since I'm already in the doghouse with everyone...as evidenced by this!

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe

Hey Joe - Great job rubbing in your terrible weather experience today! I think your family and fellow chapter members should meet you at the airport on Thursday and give you a 'special' welcome home message...
I too had to endure the outdoors tonight...see photo...

My family and neighbors didn't take too kindly to my earlier "glare" photo (as an aside...that was some impressive glare now wasn't it!!!)...but back to the story at hand...so they were busting on me that I had to clean off the Ex that is outdoors at the airport upon my return and they just thought that was hilarious...so...I fired the attached photo back to them...I'm pretty sure all my small worldly possesions are out in the snow on the front lawn as I type...anyone have room for a boarder?...please? hehe...

Hope everyone is doing well and surviving the onslaught of this powerful winter storm...I'm thinking of you guys...really...

Joe.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Heck...since I'm already in the doghouse with everyone...as evidenced by this!

I too had to endure the outdoors tonight...see photo...

...I'm pretty sure all my small worldly possesions are out in the snow on the front lawn as I type...anyone have room for a boarder?...please? hehe...

Hope everyone is doing well and surviving the onslaught of this powerful winter storm...I'm thinking of you guys...really...

Joe.
Man, you are rotten Joe... I think they should bribe the snow plow dude to make sure your Excursion is completely buried. lol

Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Yeah...I'm sure I'll be paying for YEARS for this streak of mischief with the camera...oh well...I am who I am...ain't easy being me! hehe...

But...I sure hope they don't know where my truck is...it is tiny and easy to hide...right! LOL

Quick Reply: February 2011 - Indiana BS thread!!!