49 truck with 4.6 modular motor-IT'S ALIVE!!! - Page 23 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

49 truck with 4.6 modular motor-IT'S ALIVE!!!

Old 11-03-2018, 10:24 AM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Drive on my friend. This too shall pass.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:22 PM
gregstith
Senior User
gregstith has a good reputation on FTE.gregstith has a good reputation on FTE.gregstith has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by bjmayberry2 View Post
Drive on my friend. This too shall pass.
Thatís funny! I needed that. Thanks.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:24 PM
gregstith
Senior User
gregstith has a good reputation on FTE.gregstith has a good reputation on FTE.gregstith has a good reputation on FTE.

I figured I needed to take a break from fiberglass for a while and start block sanding the filler on the bed. Itís been 4 1/2 years since I applied the filler. I think itís dry by now
I got most of the filler on the outside knocked down. I have to order more sandpaper before I can start on the inside.
My bed dolly worked really good to get it outside.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:44 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Looks like progress to me. Got a question about your bed dolly. Are those HF tires? I canít keep mine inflated and have had to replace 2 inner tubes and one tire just from sitting.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:05 PM
gregstith
Senior User
Originally Posted by bjmayberry2 View Post
Looks like progress to me. Got a question about your bed dolly. Are those HF tires? I canít keep mine inflated and have had to replace 2 inner tubes and one tire just from sitting.
I got them through EBay although they are probably about the same quality as Harbor Freight. I had to add air before pulling it outside. Theyíve been on the dolly for probably six months and still had a little air in them.

I wish Iíd thought of it before buying these but if I need to make a change then Iím going to buy a junk garden tractor and use the front and back wheels/tires.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:37 PM
Effies 56
Senior User
Effies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to allEffies 56 is a name known to all
Greg,
Those HF air filled tires are not very good. I did buy one new set that is solid. I have about 16 more that need replaced on some of my show equip.
Hey that bed is going to look good. Yea should be dry by now! I like your shop. I need one. I know they can never be big enough, but how do you like it! Any changes you would make?
I like your idea of using old lawn mower tires. Have to think about that, thanks for the idea.
Regards,
Chris

Old 11-06-2018, 08:51 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
Chris,
i sorta The thread asking about wheels on his bed dolly. Iíll check HB for hard ones.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:08 PM
gregstith
Senior User
Originally Posted by Effies 56 View Post
Greg,
Those HF air filled tires are not very good. I did buy one new set that is solid. I have about 16 more that need replaced on some of my show equip.
Hey that bed is going to look good. Yea should be dry by now! I like your shop. I need one. I know they can never be big enough, but how do you like it! Any changes you would make?
I like your idea of using old lawn mower tires. Have to think about that, thanks for the idea.
Regards,
Chris
You nailed it Chris! I only wish for more room.I would love to have a side addition where grinding, bodywork, etc. could be done as to keep my tools and other items cleaner.