Sponsored by:

is it a good bronco buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:02 AM
dustytheredneck
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question is it a good bronco buy

yes I'm new to the posting but anyways, but I'm looking at buying a 90 bronco xlt that has a 5.0L with a 5 speed manual and manual transfer case..nothing seems to rigged up at all other than the hood release lever.....134,000ish mi, did try to start but battery was low, fired on a couple cylinders then just rolled over slow and no jumper cables......does need a little tlc but i know for sure it will make it home if purchased. I use to have a 85 Merc. Cougar with the 302 that served me well, but don't know how it is in the Broncos

but the main Q is that I was wondering it the motor/transmission package was an ok setup for being in a bronco..........ANY PROS AND/OR CONS????????????????????? if i get this truck it will be a daily driver and occasionally a few road trips a year and some offroading like snow, mud, and for sure sand dunes like Silver Lake in Michigan..... i dont plan on beating the crap out of the vehicle, just have a little fun and maybe an adventure or two with the top off

Thanks

Old 01-31-2011, 07:27 AM
kenjh
Posting Guru
myself...broncos are fun..they hold up well ..they don't float..they are fun..seriously though..how is the body?? how much does he want for it ??how good are you wrenching skills?? get it fired up and try it listen for noise..mine has rust issues..and I got it cheep because it had a blown rear end..most fun I'v had in a truck in a long time..sand dunes?? you'r gonna learn LOT"S of new words out there..short answer ..it works it's fun..what else do you need??

Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
You will be more than happy, given that the price is right, anyway, if that engine doesn't satify you, fitting a 5.8 isn't that hard (basically you'll just need the ECU from a 5.8 equipped truck and the engine and you'll be done).

Old 01-31-2011, 11:15 AM
dustytheredneck
New User
Bodys in not that bad shape for michigan...the usual wheelwells and tailgate ate up by rust......the guy wants 650 for it, says that it is oh so terrible on gas.......I would say my skills are ok, like I've had to replace a connecting rod in the girlfriends car while the motor stayed in the car, replaced engines with jumpy japeneese tractors, and put together truck that should have been scraped not driven on the road.........I do have 351 HO out a 86 bronco I though of rebuilding to place in the truck someday, if cash and time allow

Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 AM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Check that the rear body mounts still have a rear sill to hold onto.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:39 PM
OldGrayMare
Senior User
Should be a fair enough deal, hard to say without seeing it. I know there is a 92 for sale over at FSB for 750 but I think it's in Idaho or Iowa.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:18 PM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 588 Likes on 319 Posts
For $650 I say, "You can never have too many Bronco's."