Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

DIisney

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 05:46 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
What food do you guys typically bring? We have the junk food covered (chips, candy, more chips) but don't have any idea for "main course" stuff.

Sandwiches? Hot dogs? etc. Will there be a grill that we could use?

Old 03-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Chad and I will bring the burn em up quick propane grills, you are welcome to use, we bring chicken, brats, hamburgers, bacon, eggs, stuff for grilled cheese sandwiches, ham, cheese mayo, bread, etc.. etc... Chad brings stuff for fajitas, brats, hamburgers.
Chad uses a little more imagination than I do for food ideas, I just bring easy to cook stuff.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Steaks Lobster Caviare-- the usual! :-) My grill will be there and open to the public. I would bring some sandwich stuff in case we decide one day to eat lunch on the trails. Troy is planning on eating out most of the time. (there is stuff close by) I plan on hitting the mexican place one night, and the little cafe place Sunday morning for breakfast before we hit the road. I don't know of a grocery store too close ut there is a quickey mart very close by.

Where are you guys staying? Did you decide? If you are staying at the super 8 you could get breakfast at mcdonalds. :-)

Old 03-22-2011, 08:57 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
We decided to camp Thursday, random motel on Friday (ahhhhh, showers), camp on Saturday.

Haven't decided on sleeping in the tent or the truck yet, going to pack a tent just in case though.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Okey Dokey!

Old 03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Pizza? Fry bread? Chili?

Clint and I left last night when Chad crawled out from under Elvis with 90w gear oil all over the front of his pants sayin he was so happy.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
HA HA HA ! Got to work on the truck some-- general cleaning mostly. Did put some di-electric grease on allot of the plugs under the truck. Been meaning to do that for awhile. I also removed 1 of 3 quarts of brake fluid-- 7 out of 13 quarts of oil (plus the 5 quarts last night when I changed it) WOW was I prepared to have fluids on hand!

Need to pack food- grill- sleeping bag , camping gear and fridge andI think I'll make an extension cord for the fridge too. Then I'm ready.

Sadly Jack and Clint are going to have to come back tomorrow night-- no spark on green :-( (sad that the truck is broke-- but glad I get to see them :-)

OH I need to air up the tires too!! It drives a bit "WIGGLEY" with 10psi.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:19 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Weather in Disney:

Today
<TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT></TD><TD class="vaT full">Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Tonight
<TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT></TD><TD class="vaT full">Clear. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Thursday
<TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT></TD><TD class="vaT full">Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds around 10 mph. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Thursday Night
<TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT></TD><TD class="vaT full">Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 40s. East winds around 10 mph. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Friday
<TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT></TD><TD class="vaT full">Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 60s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Friday Night
<TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT></TD><TD class="vaT full">Cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 50s. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Saturday
<TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT></TD><TD class="vaT full">Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 60s. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Saturday Night
<TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT></TD><TD class="vaT full">Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Sunday
<TABLE class=full cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaT></TD><TD class="vaT full">Partly cloudy. Highs around 60.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> Gunna be a good Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
ALL PACKED EXCEPT MY CLOTHES AND DEORDERANT__ WAIT ITS A GUY WEEKEND I SHOULDN"T NEED DEORDERANT__ KEEPS ANYONE FROM RIDING WITH ME :_)

F-N Caps lock! I ain't retyping it while I am driving. :-(

Old 03-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited! So excited!

Old 03-24-2011, 05:09 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
UP and ready for the day! Even got in an extra hour of sleep

Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
got up at 5:15, not leaving till just around 7, but was too excited to sleep, so... coffee!!!coffee!!!coffee!!!coffee!!!coffee!!!coffe e!!!coffee!!!java!!!java!!!java!!!java!!!java!!! in the form of Diet Coke please!!

Old 03-24-2011, 09:31 AM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Have a safe trip and lots of fun guys. Bring back some good pics.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Glad everone is so "Happy". Hope it last the whole trip and nothing but good things for yall.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:09 AM
2leadfeet
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a safe and fun trip ya'll.

Quick Reply: DIisney