Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

wow could this be a heaven for making cars

Old 01-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Lakotas53
Elder User
Lakotas53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Drewski 2 View Post
VW is building a new production plant in Chatanooga, Tn. and will be in production in the near future.

As a retiree from a local manufacturing facility, I'll have to say that the video was either done for show or is a very low production plant. There were no workers in our plant that could move around at that leisure pace that we saw in that video. We arrived at work at the beginning of the shift and after a morning meeting the line buzzer goes off and you're running "wide open". When a vehicle comes in front of you on the conveyor line, you have x number of seconds to do your job. It was hard work and it really taxed your body over time.
Drewski not sure which plant you worked in but sounds alot like ours. We have a 72 second tact time, so our conveyor lines are moving. These poor associates that are on line all day I feel for them. Lots of repetitive injuries. Now my niece works for a German auto maker south of us and their tact time was something like 3.5 minutes per unit. She could not believe how fast we produced a unit.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:10 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Tomget, when I was in high school (late '60's) and from what I saw with my sons, the teachers are always pushing that Lawyers are the most honorable people other than Teachers. A big difference nowadays is that when I was in HS, I had about 50-50 male-female teachers. Every school had a shop class, usually one for wood and one for metal/auto work. Most of my sons' teachers (nearly 100% women) had no idea what kind of trade careers were available beyond simple framing carpenters or plumbers, they had no idea what a millwright was or what statistical quality control is. No shop classes at all, too dirty. They looked down their noses at anyone who didn't go to college, which is a real disservice to those wanting a tech education, and let's face it, there's no shortage of lawyers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.