Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Introduction and thanks in advance

Old 01-26-2011, 09:38 PM
BFace805
Junior User
BFace805 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Introduction and thanks in advance

I've been reading the forum for a few weeks now and wanted to introduce myself. Also, thanks for all the help you guys will be giving me! I've loved the F100 since I was a kid and decided to pick one up as a retirement present. I'm 31 years old and went out on a medical retirement. My pain level plus trying to make extra money to pay the bills will keep this a very slow project but I'm looking forward to it.

This is a '54 four speed with a 239 in it. I've got an AOD and I'm picking up a 302 in a couple weeks so the Y block will be coming out. I plan the usual suspension mods and other than that, will keep it fairly close to factory, as much as $$$ allows.

The best thing about this girl is that it's all surface rust...so far.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
That looks like a very nice starting place. Take your time and enjoy the process. There are a lot of fantastic experts here. (There are also folks like me. )
If you put your location in your profile in the additional information, you might find fellow members close by.
Be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:48 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
That's a nice '54. Slow or not, rebuilding these things is great therapy. Welcome to FTE!

Old 01-26-2011, 09:48 PM
mechmagcn
Diesel Junky
mechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to allmechmagcn is a name known to all
Very Nice!!!!!
Welcome to the site and keep us posted on your progress.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Mervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to behold
You have a great looking project about to happen there. Welcome and ask away if you need too...we 'Almost' know everything ...keep it up with the pics too, we love 'em

Old 01-26-2011, 09:53 PM
ArmyFord
Junior User
ArmyFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice truck! Welcome, from another newbie. Good luck.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 PM
BFace805
Junior User
Thanks everyone. I'll shoot pics as I go. I'm actually a photographer now but I specialize in pets, not cars. Some days I'll shoot some fancy shots and others will just be snapshots to document progress. I did take a front end shot that I printed 11x17". It's going up in the garage next to a space for the "finished" photos.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Since my truck is in pieces, I have hung up some pictures of other trucks that have features that I want. It helps me keep focused on what I eventually want mine to look like.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:48 PM
mtflat
Post Fiend
mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.
As Havi said, these are great therapy for life's ailments. If you finish it too fast you'll just want to buy another one. Then you'll have to convince your wife that's also part of the therapy - slippery slope man!

Welcome!
Tim

Old 01-26-2011, 10:51 PM
BFace805
Junior User
Fortunately, my wife is completely on board...for the time being. I never buy anything for myself and finally gave in when I came across this.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
Welcome! When I saw the first picture, I immediately thought to myself "now there's a person that knows how to take photos!" Then I read that you're a professional photographer.

BTW, is that an "Overdive" emblem on the front of the hood?

Old 01-26-2011, 11:05 PM
BFace805
Junior User
That is a portion of the Overdrive emblem. I wish it was intact since I plan on putting an AOD tranny in there. Thanks for the comment on the picture. What part of San Jose? I just retired from Palo Alto.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 PM
gobybike
Junior User
gobybike is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great Looking Truck. Good luck and have fun!

Jake

Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BFace805 View Post
That is a portion of the Overdrive emblem. I wish it was intact since I plan on putting an AOD tranny in there. Thanks for the comment on the picture. What part of San Jose? I just retired from Palo Alto.
I'm not really familiar with 53-56 trucks, but isn't having an OD in a truck kind of rare?

I'm in the best part of San Jose. I'm in the Cambrian area.

I'm a year older than you, but still have to work. It sucks to hear that you had to retire at such an early age due to a medical issue. Hopefully, it's nothing too serious or life threatening.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:22 PM
BFace805
Junior User
The overdrive was an option. I dont know that it was rare. I'm pretty new to my research on these things.

My injury is not life threatening but messes up my quality of life quite a bit. I just have a lot of back pain but it's nothing I can't live it. It'll be a bummer when I have kids though. I wont be able to play football with them or wrestle around. But everything happens for a reason and I guess I just wasn't meant to be in that line of work.

Last edited by BFace805; 01-26-2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.