Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Introduction and thanks in advance

Old 01-27-2011, 12:26 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
I fell your pain, brother. I'm 32 and have had my back go out three times in the past two years. I have a pinched sciatic nerve and one wrong move pretty much paralizes me, mostly because of the pain. Last time, I bent down to pick up some mail and couldn't get up. I had to crawl inside the house. A few visits to my chiro and $200 later, I was feeling better. The pain, though, hasn't gone away completely. I still wake up sore every morning and can't sit for a very long time.

This is probably all do to me working as a furniture mover in my late teens and early 20s. At that time, I didn't think much of preserving my body and thought of my body as being indestructable. Now I do.

I believe that the overdrive was a rare option. If you yank the motor and transmission, I'm sure that there'll be guys in line to buy those parts.

Good luck with your project!

Old 01-27-2011, 12:29 AM
SCRAPHEAP51
Senior User
SCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to beholdSCRAPHEAP51 is a splendid one to behold
Hi welcome, neat truck to work with. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
BACAGrizz
Posting Guru
BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome. Nice looking starting point.

Sorry to hear you have back troubles. I got 'em too. Thoracic and Lumbar Retrolisthesis and Spondylolisthesis along with degenerated discs between L4, L5 and S1.

My spine is like a combination of Jenga and the leaning tower of Pisa. Too many years as a youth in factories back east doing bull work. Textiles, industrial rigging, foundries, etc...

You will find a wealth of information here. A lot of good folks too.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Alcaeus
Elder User
Alcaeus has a good reputation on FTE.Alcaeus has a good reputation on FTE.
Great looking truck and that first picture is awesome! Good luck with your project and i'm looking forward to a "build thread" and hearing more from you

Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
needhelp49
Elder User
needhelp49 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
some folks go to alot of trouble to get that kind of patina nice looking truck

Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 PM
lwclark
Senior User
lwclark is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was going to say the same. Guys are spending mega hours to achieve the patina you're starting with.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:04 PM
old_dan
Posting Guru
old_dan has a great reputation on FTE.old_dan has a great reputation on FTE.old_dan has a great reputation on FTE.old_dan has a great reputation on FTE.old_dan has a great reputation on FTE.old_dan has a great reputation on FTE.
That looks like a great start. Santa Barbara will be a good place to work from. The company that I work for is based there, so I get to visit a few times a year.

Dan

Old 01-27-2011, 05:46 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Welcome to the asylum!

Nice looking truck

Bobby

Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM
HILLBILLY BOB
Posting Guru
HILLBILLY BOB is a name known to allHILLBILLY BOB is a name known to allHILLBILLY BOB is a name known to allHILLBILLY BOB is a name known to allHILLBILLY BOB is a name known to allHILLBILLY BOB is a name known to all
welcome to fte,that's a nice truck that you have cant wait
to see what it looks like when you GET R DONE

Old 02-18-2011, 01:48 PM
BFace805
Junior User
BFace805 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My brother has been working on it more than I have. I'm doing full time school, trying to run a start up photography business, and keeping my house in working order. We finally got the bed off and most of the bolts are off the front end. That should be off soon then the engine comes out.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:21 PM
fordman75
Postmaster
fordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to beholdfordman75 is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the site!

It looks like you've got yourself a very solid project! Not a bad year either. Make sure to post all the progress as you work on it.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:24 PM
BFace805
Junior User
BFace805 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I put some progress photos in this thread but I'm thinking I should start a second thread for the build?

Old 02-18-2011, 04:26 PM
hellfirejim
Elder User
hellfirejim is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to FTE and partcularly this section of people who love and understand these trucks. I have been here for a short while and I have learned so much as the people here are a great help.

You are right these trucks are great for therapy. I don't have the body problems you guys have. Me, I am a bad heart and cancer guy. But the best thing is when I am working on my truck i feel just fine. You will too.

The only advice on your truck I can give is what i learned already. You are going to be miles, hours and money ahead if you set down and figure a plan on how you are going to build your truck. Then follow that plan as best you can. Once you start the "upgrading" deal from your plan then hang on because the ride gets bumpy. However build it to make you happy.

jim

Old 02-18-2011, 09:00 PM
4mrdragoon
Senior User
4mrdragoon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to the site. There is a ton of info on here as you can see. Since you are a photographer I'm sure there will be tons of photos. Good luck and enjoy.What are your plans with it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.