Looking at a 2005 Escape 2.3L I4 4x4 auto - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Reload this Page >

Looking at a 2005 Escape 2.3L I4 4x4 auto

Notices
Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Old 01-26-2011, 11:33 AM
fornarog
Senior User
fornarog is starting off with a positive reputation.

Sadly, my 1986 F250 truck has finally driven its last mile. The engine and trans on her were still running very strong, but the cancer has eaten entirely through the frame in at least 4 spots and there is serious rust through on wheel cylinders, axles, and critical mounts. I could strangle the previous owner for not taking better care of it. This truck could have easily run for another 10 years.

Now I am looking to pick up a small SUV 4x4 so i have some sort of snow vehicle for my 70 mile commute in the winter time.

I am looking at a 2005 escape with the 2.3L I4 and an automatic. It only has 76K miles on it and it is in great condition inside and out. I am taking it to my Mechanic for evaluation on Friday.

I am hoping to get some real world experiences and also hear of any potential trouble spots to have my mechanic look at more closely.

Thanks!

Greg

Old 01-27-2011, 04:35 PM
jas88
Postmaster
jas88 has a great reputation on FTE.jas88 has a great reputation on FTE.jas88 has a great reputation on FTE.jas88 has a great reputation on FTE.jas88 has a great reputation on FTE.
I have a 2005 2.3L with auto but it is 2wd. It's got 120K miles on it and I have not had any problems at all. The steering rack is starting to leak a bit but that's all I can think of. I get about 25mpg mostly driving back and forth to work.

So far it's been like all my Fords - all they do is go!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:29 AM
bmuhlbach
Posting Guru
bmuhlbach has a good reputation on FTE.bmuhlbach has a good reputation on FTE.
I got a 01 with the 3.0 V6 4x4 get 20 mpg 180,000 miles vwry few issues.Biggest issues are wheel bearings and tone rings for the abs. all easy fixes

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.