Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Spartan Tuning Update for January

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:16 AM
08stroker250
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Spartan Tuning Update for January

Hey everyone. As some of you may already know, we have a rather large update to release this month. Matt and I have been talking tonight, and we felt it necessary to make a post regarding this update before we actually release it to the public. The rest of this post is Matt's....

We originally had our latest tuning database update scheduled for release this afternoon, but due to damaging some electronics used for testing over the weekend, we will need to postpone release until later into the week to get the new hardware in and the last parts of the update fully tested.

In light of this, I thought I'd use the next few days to give a more detailed description of the changes and updates to the calibrations we will be implementing, and get some input and consensus from our users on any other changes you guys would like to see. Our current update includes the following---

-Shift changes to all 250HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)
-Shift changes to all 275HP tunes (milder at part throttle and enhanced converter lock)
-Changes to all HP levels to correct late lock-up issues for 2010 and earlier trucks with 3.55 ratio gearing
-Addition of 300HP tuning for Job 1 trucks
-Correction for customers seeing periodic cold weather part throttle surging with 275HP tunes

Another update will shortly follow the one mentioned above to include---
-Updates to both engine and transmission files for ALL Spartan TCM calibrations
-Engine calibration changes to 250, 275, and 310HP files to address periodic rolling idle

Any input from our customers on any issues will be monitored closely, so feel free to throw it in here. Even if it isn't a technical problem and is just something you'd like to see (tuning related) post as you'd like.

Thanks,

Spartan Diesel Technologies

Old 01-24-2011, 07:22 AM
seanjackmc
Senior User
How about an Economy tune.
HAHAHA just kidding. Dont need to open that wound.
Cant wait for this update to come out. I was wondering if there will be seperate tunes for those of us with 3.55s or if the adjustments will be built in to the updated tunes? Im really hoping the updated 275 will run on my truck now. Ive had to always baby it when I want to get milage on highway trips. Under wot it falls on its face everytime.
Good work Spartan
STM

Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
I always look forward to any updates you guys have as this thing only gets better with time. I just loaded the 300hp tune last week and am extremely impressed with its performance. The shifting is so much smoother than the 275 and the power is still there. I am looking forward to the cold weather surge being addressed in the 275 tune because that is still something that I experience when I am running it and really get on it. Thanks again to Matt, Jeff, Mick and all the guys down there for always trying to improve on a great product. I will admit that I was worried the 6.4l would take a back seat once you guys started working on the 6.7l tunes and I am happy to see that is not the case. This is still the best money I have EVER spent on a vehicle and have never regretted my purchase since the day I bought it. Cheers

Old 01-24-2011, 07:04 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Funny how shifts are changing.... I guess it's due to all the complaints on various sites?

Old 01-24-2011, 07:08 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
Jeff, good to see you over here bud.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Neil64
Senior User
Updates

Correct me if am mistaken, the DD needs to be updated to use any of the new tunes. Can you find a way around the DD update? The DD upgrade limits my choices today and in the future and having that flexibility was one of reasons I bought the DD.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:40 PM
08stroker250
New User
If you want update to our tuning files, your tuner MUST have the V2 software. If you would prefer to run KEM tuning, don't update. Pretty simple....

Old 01-28-2011, 04:48 PM
seanjackmc
Senior User
Originally Posted by 08stroker250
If you want update to our tuning files, your tuner MUST have the V2 software. If you would prefer to run KEM tuning, don't update. Pretty simple....
Would it be so bad, for people to be able to run all tunes on the dd? I guess the way I see it is if you (spartan, kem, eric, whoever) thinks your tunes are superior then you wouldnt care who could run your tunes and on what. Im a happy Spartan user but would love to try the kem 345 tune. If Spartan believed they have a tune better why would it matter If I ran or tried the 345? Then again maybe its limitations of the dd that causes the problem.
I wish you would all get together and put your brains into in and make a few really great tunes together. Obviously something went wrong with Spartan and Nutty and now we have division.
Anyway, Im happy with my Spartan setup just wish since I paid 2k I could have the option to run a kem tune and still get the update to fix the tunes I cant run from Spartan that I paid for. The 275 tune on my 2010 with 3.55 gears falls on its face everytime with wot. Seems silly to have paid an extra 300 bucks and not be able to run these tunes. I do wish spartan would have told me these tunes were not written for trucks with 3.55 gears.
Til the updated tunes Ill keep rocking my 250 and hope the update fixes it!
STM