Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

I knew nothing automotive till one day I decided to rebuild my truck...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 AM
HornedFrogHooah
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew nothing automotive till one day I decided to rebuild my truck...

Howdy guys,

I'm still new to this forum but I thought I'd share a little about myself. I'm 21, about to graduate college and get a commission into the Texas Army National Guard (I want Active Duty real badly) - I was enlisted infantry (11C) before college.

Anywho, as the title stated, I knew absolutely nothing about vehicles till one day I thought "the only way you'll learn is if you do it". So I started tearing my 79 F250 apart to rebuild. I started back in March of 2009 and I have it all chronicled on my Jeep Club's website. Operation Restoration: 1978 Ford F250 Custom - Lone Star Jeep Club

Now I bet you're wondering why in the world I put it on my Jeep club instead of a Ford club, well... its because I have an addiction to Jeeps and offroading. BUT I think some of yall will get a kick out of this. Operation Beast: Ford 250 In A Jeep YJ - Lone Star Jeep Club I now have the driveline from a donor 78 F250 in my Jeep - everything from axles to engine.

That's all for now. Just wanted to touch bases with the Texas Chapter.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 PM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Those are some nice looking projects there!

Old 01-23-2011, 08:20 AM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a cool build. That douche bag's comment about the transfer case being 2:1 is correct but if you combine the front of that 203 with a NP205 you could have a 4:1 transfer case. I have an extra NP205 if you want to trade for a set of those humvee bead-lock wheels. If not, how much $$ and could you get me a set?

Old 01-23-2011, 07:42 PM
CooGAR
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thank you for your service!