Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Our friends down under, and the flood.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Waynenap
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our friends down under, and the flood.

Just wanted to send our thoughts and best wishes to our loyal brothers down under, in case any of them were caught up in the catostrophic floods in western Australia.

I'm sure most of you all know this, they've fought along side of us in every war we've fought in the last 90 plus years.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:58 AM
riverrat41
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great post Wayne.I have been thinking about those folks down there.What a bad deal.Hope Brian is o.k.
Take care down under

Old 01-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Waynenap
Elder User
Any of you guys down there, speak up and let us know how you all are doing.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
th67ss
Senior User
Great post Wayne...I hope everyone is doing good!

Old 01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
bfife
still plays with trucks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's to aid sent to those that like us. not those that don't. hope you're all well.

Barney

Old 01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
Great post Wayne, I had a nice that was over there for the last 3 months, and when my sister and her husband went over to get her they went early to site see and got caught up in the rain and floods. They had to be rescued and are home safe in Indiana. Here's to are brothers down under Hope you all are OK.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:" /><o></o>
<o></o>

Old 01-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Waynenap
Elder User
From what I can garner, they are one of the few real friends we have around the world.

Never ask for anything, either.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:03 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This is a great post Wayne and our Austrailian brothers will see this and they'll appreciate our concern.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 AM
Robert6401
Cargo Master

Sure do wish one of our Aussie mates would chime in to let us know how they're doing. But I understand that surfing the web may be the last thing on their minds right now.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Adding my thoughts and prayers to this as well.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:43 PM
EF2FIDDY
New User
Floods Queensland

well i have not been affected but i know ppl who are and all i can say is its heart breaking... lives lost homes cars boats structures..... and so forth but what ceases to amaze me is the insurance companies renegging on peyments. In aus. we have a clause that exemps the insurance companies from paying when an area is named as a desaster zone so to the ppl who lost lost it all .. which makes me sad but im shure every encouragement will be greatly appreciated so a big thankyou from us in Oz..

Old 01-27-2011, 07:48 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I feel horrible that I missed this thread. My heart thoughts and prayers go out to all who may be affected by this. Thanks for starting the thread Wayne,

Old 01-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Waynenap
Elder User
Originally Posted by megawatt00
I feel horrible that I missed this thread. My heart thoughts and prayers go out to all who may be affected by this. Thanks for starting the thread Wayne,
You can't catch em all Jim. All we can really do is give em our moral support. The magnitude and scope of it is so huge I can't imagine what it'll take.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Waynenap
Elder User
Originally Posted by EF2FIDDY
well i have not been affected but i know ppl who are and all i can say is its heart breaking... lives lost homes cars boats structures..... and so forth but what ceases to amaze me is the insurance companies renegging on peyments. In aus. we have a clause that exemps the insurance companies from paying when an area is named as a desaster zone so to the ppl who lost lost it all .. which makes me sad but im shure every encouragement will be greatly appreciated so a big thankyou from us in Oz..
We do understand what your going through down there. We've had a lot of natural disasters here, ourselves. If the government doesn't step in and help out, your pretty much on your own. And, business is business there, just as here.

Are there a lot of fund raisers and such, by celebrities down there?

Just for the record; I need to add, that I've never personally had any claims from these types of disasters so I won't make any definitive statements about how our insurance companies pay out in these situations.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 PM
EF2FIDDY
New User
governmet has been handing out moneys to flood victims $1000 per adult and child $5000 for buisinesses but when u lost the lot it falls short ... i think its an insult to give so little when they lost alot the army has stepped in finally but its the public which has rised to the event ppl in there thousands have volunteered to help they also bring what they can to help like shovels brooms pressure blasters food .... and even ppl who have there own machinery have volunteered ... ive been so proud of us Aussies ... but ill tell u 1 story that shed a tear to any man there were 2 brothers hanging on a tree in the flood waters when a rescuer had to get 1 at a time and 1 brother said get my younger brother while the rescuer save 1 boy the other lost his grip and got swept away ... may he rest in peace ... so on the other hand we lost a few lives but we were fortunate that it could of been alot more .... but there have been looting. 1 of there areas flooded was a town in ipswich , a local convienience store named the lucky 7 had price gouged their producs loafs of bread went fron $2.50 to $10 and milk went from $2 per liter to $8 and their excuse was that they wanted to stop ppl buying like 20 loafs of bread or milk but i think these greedy bast@#%s should of rashoned say 2 loafs and no more than 2 liters of milk... this makes me mad ... just to add to ppls wories and a petrol station dnt kno the name put thier fuel up from $1.30 per liter to $1.90 over night talk about kick you while your down just my .02 cents cheers

Last edited by EF2FIDDY; 01-27-2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply: Our friends down under, and the flood.