Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Thanks to Roland (Mueckster) my leveling kit is on

Old 08-31-2011, 09:52 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StealthAssassin
What did they have to do different the second time that they did not get the first time?
Also, are your front wheels angled in?
I think Frank paid them the second time.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:43 PM
gradyc
wellhead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miller_feed
I think Frank paid them the second time.
Now that is funny.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 AM
StealthAssassin
Freshman User
Well, my drivers side tire is angled in so much that I don't think grinding the I beam will help unless I weaken it to the point I would feel safe...

Old 09-01-2011, 07:18 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, my drivers side tire is angled in so much that I don't think grinding the I beam will help unless I weaken it to the point I would feel safe...
They do make a kit where the pivot point on the inside end of the axle becomes adjustable up and down, allowing the I beam at the radius arm (fulcrum piont) to lean. I put one on my '83 F150 4x4 with twin traction (twin I beam) front end. They may make a similar kit for the SD 2wds as well. Might be worth looking into.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:38 AM
StealthAssassin
Freshman User
Who makes it? No big companies claim to be able to do anything to these under 4". Actually a 4" lift in the front would be more of a level than the so called 2" did! It did not gain 2"...
I'm running 20's on 34's

Old 09-01-2011, 08:07 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Who makes it? No big companies claim to be able to do anything to these under 4". Actually a 4" lift in the front would be more of a level than the so called 2" did! It did not gain 2"...
I'm running 20's on 34's
I did the mod about 13 yrs ago and no longer have the truck. I'd have to do some research. I don't recall the manufacturer's name at the moment. It was made by one of the major suspension lift companies. I'll let you when I find out.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
These are what I used. Axle Pivot Brackets - Tuff Country EZ-Ride I don't know if anyone offers them for a 2wd though.

Check here: Doetsch Ford Superduty F250 Suspension Kit part# 52602 They may have the drop brackets available separately. Good luck!

Last edited by mueckster; 09-01-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-20-2011, 12:12 AM
mrmracing
New User
Originally Posted by mueckster
These are what I used. Axle Pivot Brackets - Tuff Country EZ-Ride I don't know if anyone offers them for a 2wd though.

Check here: Doetsch Ford Superduty F250 Suspension Kit part# 52602 They may have the drop brackets available separately. Good luck!
Roland, can you help?
From reading this post, it seems you have a lot of insight on the leveling kits. I have a 99 f250 2wd that I recently installed the 2’’ aluminum leveling kit on, and as usual, the camber was way off. I then purchased new 4 degree adjustable camber bushings from Napa part #264-3950 and had them installed and aligned. Unfortunately even with the camber slugs/bushings my camber is still off by at least 1 degree if not more. Even though it’s better than it was, its still way off, and will kill the outside of the front tires. Not to mention its looks like crap.. my question is, do you think I need to do some grinding like you did to franks truck? Or what else could I do to fix this issue? Thanks, mike

Old 09-20-2011, 07:05 AM
StealthAssassin
Freshman User
Originally Posted by mrmracing
Roland, can you help?
From reading this post, it seems you have a lot of insight on the leveling kits. I have a 99 f250 2wd that I recently installed the 2’’ aluminum leveling kit on, and as usual, the camber was way off. I then purchased new 4 degree adjustable camber bushings from Napa part #264-3950 and had them installed and aligned. Unfortunately even with the camber slugs/bushings my camber is still off by at least 1 degree if not more. Even though it’s better than it was, its still way off, and will kill the outside of the front tires. Not to mention its looks like crap.. my question is, do you think I need to do some grinding like you did to franks truck? Or what else could I do to fix this issue? Thanks, mike
There is no way I could even think about adjusting the moog 0-4 dual axis camber bushing all the way up without a good bit of grinding on the Ibeam...

Old 09-20-2011, 07:13 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Axle pivot drop brackets would eliminate the need for grinding the I-beam or spindle, but are not very popular in 2wd applications. When doing research on them, it was difficult to find even the link I posted. Lack of sales has probably caused vendors to quit carrying them.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:31 AM
mrmracing
New User
gota love all the guys who sell these 2" leveling kits on ebay and claim "easy install" "no other mods required" had i known that by the time i was done id be in it for over $400 i would have just spent the extra $ and bought the 6" lift from procomp...

Old 09-20-2011, 07:32 AM
mrmracing
New User
Axle pivot drop brackets would eliminate the need for grinding the I-beam or spindle, but are not very popular in 2wd applications. When doing research on them, it was difficult to find even the link I posted. Lack of sales has probably caused vendors to quit carrying them.
i cant find the drop brackets online. looks like im going to need to get the grinder out. what all do you grind to make it work? and what does grinding those area's do to help the camber? thanks

Old 09-20-2011, 08:09 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by mrmracing
i cant find the drop brackets online. looks like im going to need to get the grinder out. what all do you grind to make it work? and what does grinding those area's do to help the camber? thanks
Look at the pics in Post #3 in this thread. The grinding allows for extra clearance between the top ball joint ear and the I-beam. This will allow the eccentric of the camber bushing to move the the top farther inward to straighten up the wheel. Some need the grinding, some don't. Frank went ahead and did it as to not have to take it apart again.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:20 PM
StealthAssassin
Freshman User
I never found anyone that sells or has heard of 2" drop brackets. Most companies like fabtech, superlift, etc said they never heard of any and think that 2" brackets would be very hard to make work because of getting the bolt hole past the bracket. Clearance issues in other words.
A tech @ daystar knew nothing about 0-4 camber bushings either!!!! Wow!

Old 01-16-2018, 01:55 PM
Jason122289
New User
Alignment issue

Thanks for the kind words, Mike.
You're quite welcome, Frank. It wasn't too bad of a job at all. It never seems like work when you're helping a fellow member/brother. Glad to be of help.
I have a 2003 f350 ext cab swr , installed 2.5 level spacers and new adjustable camber casters and still Firestone couldn’t align it correctly. So if I do the grinding this should solve my issue?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thanks to Roland (Mueckster) my leveling kit is on