Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Looking at buying an AE from Clay

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 01:00 PM
2cylguy
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at buying an AE from Clay

I haven't gotten home in time to call Clay and ask him this week. Can someone that has bought one tell me what you get, diagnostic wise, with it?
I am curious about what other vehicles you can use it on other than our trucks. I'm talking about just what comes with it from Clay with the Enhanced Ford Bundle. Thanks in advance and GET WELL ED!!! OEM BABY!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 01:07 PM
joeyd61
Posting Guru
you can use it with many different makes but you have to buy the software....from clay you get the Enhanced ford bundle, if you want Dodge you have to get the bundle from AE or possibly Clay i havent asked him about that

Old 01-15-2011, 01:30 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
Pretty much every test via the PCM that the dealer can do, you can do with AE. Your best bet if you can't get Clay by phone is to shoot him an Email. He checks it regularly, even on weekends. I usually use sales@riffraffdiesel.com

Old 01-15-2011, 01:54 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You can use the AE on other vehicles without buying anything else. It may not pull all of the the manufacture specific codes or perform tests, but it will read the standard OBD II stuff. I have used mine on other brands and it works fine, just has a reduced capability.

I just bought an '07 BMW so I will be adding the BMW Enhanced version to mine also. But it is more for the idea that I like to play with all the options.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by joeyd61
you can use it with many different makes but you have to buy the software....from clay you get the Enhanced ford bundle, if you want Dodge you have to get the bundle from AE or possibly Clay i havent asked him about that
If you need expansion bundles for other makes I can help you with that as well. Give me a call or an e-mail if you have any questions.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:54 PM
2cylguy
Senior User

Thanks Ken & Clay. I guess Ken answered the question I was looking for. Right now I am waiting to get my truck back from a friend that is working on it to see how much $$$$ I have left. Hopeing to have enough for the AE and a set of gauges. Thanks again guys.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:13 PM
cutlass
Elder User
In all honesty, before you either take the time, energy, and money (parts) to begin to troubleshoot your truck, your first investment should be to buy AE. That goes for performance upgrades too.

You absolutely can't have a better parts supply resource than Clay too. He has been very patient and thorough with the assistance he has lent me on my truck over time when I've needed parts help. He really has the best prices too. I hate to sound like I'm giving a sales pitch for Riffraff, but I'm only being honest.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:14 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
If you need expansion bundles for other makes I can help you with that as well. Give me a call or an e-mail if you have any questions.
Good to know Clay, I will give you a call when I decide to shell out the dough for the BMW Enhanced version!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:24 AM
beanhead6D5
Posting Guru
DO IT!!!!! Well worth the money.

Clay will help with any add-on's for other moldels later on.