1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 12:49 AM
gravy31
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE!

Just wanted to say thatnk you to everyone on this site. I was driving my 96 F-350 into work tonight, and maybe about 2 miles down the road the thing just shut down. I pulled off the side of the road, and started trouble shooting. Tried to start, and no RPMs were showing. AHH HA, I keep a spare cps in the tool box just for this occasion! Changed it out on the side of the road, and a few bleeding knuckles (I really dont like changing that thing out)later, still will not start. So i really started to pay attention to everything now, and no wait to start light. I have been reading post after post on here for a long time, and searching, and browsing, and researching. So I thought maybe I should check fuse #22 in the box in engine compartment. BAAM its blown. So I try to disconnect my fuel bowl heater, and still have not figured that one out, I know its a spade connector, just could not get it loose, and have never taken it loose so I decided to just go back a little and snip the wire. Replaced the fuse, and to life she came, purring like an angry cat. No pun intended!
Lucky me I had just ordered and received everything in the mail from diesel o rings to completely rebuild my fuel bowl a few hours before hand. Looks like its going to be a long day when I get off in the morning.

Any how, I just wanted to thank everyone here for evrything that you guys do. Without reading up on all this stuff I would have been clueless.Just last week I had the fuel bowl out trying to take care of a leak, and noticed that the insulators under the fuel bowl heater were gone, but just had enough left under the wire to make me think that I would be ok for a week or so, and it bit me! Thanks again everyone.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:59 AM
JamesHajek
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts