Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

December 2010 - General Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 12:18 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
December 2010 - General Chat Thread

Good afternoon Indiana and WELCOME TO DECEMBER!!!

I'm up in Rochester NY as I type this and get this...it is snowing...go figure!

Hope everyone is having a great December so far!

Nebo...did you do any good hunting the last weekend of gun season? Do you plan on getting out with the muzzleloader?

Old 12-01-2010, 02:40 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Happy December Indiana!

Old 12-01-2010, 03:36 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Afternoon Indiana and Happy New Month!

Old 12-02-2010, 05:25 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning to IN!
Yet another glorious day!

Old 12-02-2010, 05:25 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning Indiana!

Have a great day!

Old 12-02-2010, 05:38 AM
nebo
Posting Guru
Good morning everyone!! yay for December, Happy Birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas to all!! I love this month!!!

yeah Joe, harvested a doe the last day of firearms. First deer I ever took with a 44mag rifle. Did the trick fine. Since the kids hunted hard with me over the Thanksgiving weekend I told them to stay home and rest for school, and then I went alone. I've hunted alone for years and really enjoy it, but the last few years these 11 year old twins have become my new hunting buddies. I thought I would enjoy the hunt alone like old times, but I really missed having them for conversation and helping them get suited up and loaded for the hunt.

I hunted my way into the stand and take this doe only to get home and have them both accuse me of having this one tied up.LOL........My daughter said, ' 'bout time you got one dad".

I plan to shoot the muzzleloader again tonight, hopefully, and as long as no heavy rain is forecasted, I intend on getting out there Saturday with my one of my kids. More than likely my daughter since she is due up. (daughter sat in a cold rain earlier this year for several hours and was a trooper, but I'll avoid that again if possible, or may sit in our ground blind). Probably gonna have to break out a pile of handwarmers again for her too.

how 'bout you Joe, gonna get a smoke pole out?

Old 12-02-2010, 01:36 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Afternoon everyone...just got back into Indiana after being up in Rochester NY for a few days...

Nebo...CONGRATS!!!...always nice to hear a fellow hunter has been successful...I can hear your kids now though about dad getting one after going it alone...haha...!

as far as getting out with the muzzleloader...I don't think I'll be getting out...I've got the buck so if I happen to see the monster of a lifetime...I'll be SOL!!!...don't want to be tempted to do anything foolish...ya know!...plus I got that doe so there is plenty of jerky and snack sticks already and I still have some venison from a fat doe last year that needs eaten...so...probably gonna pass on the ole muzzleloader this year...Plus I get on a plane for LA on Sunday...I wish you and your children luck my friend!...it is GREAT to see families spending time like this...!

Well I better do some work this afternoon since I've been on a plane most of the day...

Take care,
Joe.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:23 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
GOOD MORNING ALL!
Its friday and time to get this day over and weekend started!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:24 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning Indiana!

TGIF!

Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Good morning everyone...BRRRRR...22° here this morning...

Old 12-03-2010, 06:37 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

It's a balmy 27 here!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
nebo
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Afternoon everyone...just got back into Indiana after being up in Rochester NY for a few days...

Nebo...CONGRATS!!!...always nice to hear a fellow hunter has been successful...I can hear your kids now though about dad getting one after going it alone...haha...!

as far as getting out with the muzzleloader...I don't think I'll be getting out...I've got the buck so if I happen to see the monster of a lifetime...I'll be SOL!!!...don't want to be tempted to do anything foolish...ya know!...plus I got that doe so there is plenty of jerky and snack sticks already and I still have some venison from a fat doe last year that needs eaten...so...probably gonna pass on the ole muzzleloader this year...Plus I get on a plane for LA on Sunday...I wish you and your children luck my friend!...it is GREAT to see families spending time like this...!

Well I better do some work this afternoon since I've been on a plane most of the day...

Take care,
Joe.
g' mornin' everyone.

Thanks Joe, and yeah it sounds like your freezer is good to go for another year. It's suppose to snow tomorrow and I'm excited to get the kids in the stand, I don't think they've been with me yet during a pretty snow. Hope we see some deer so they can see how easy it is to see them in the snow. Don't work too hard brother!

Have a great day!

Ben

Old 12-03-2010, 11:06 AM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Lunch Time! Time to take a break from chores around the house to eat lunch. Getting the yard and house cleaned up to decorate!! Oh Joy!

Old 12-04-2010, 07:49 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Good morning everyone...!!!...happy Saturday...

Hey Nebo...question for you on ground blinds...I'm starting to look to see if I can pick up a good end of season sale one...and I never really looked at them before.

I am finding two basic types...Hub style and Pop-up style...do you have any thoughts on why one style is 'better' than the other? I'm finding the pop-ups to be about $20 cheaper and look more like a tent whereas the hub style looks to be more sturdy for higher winds?...I'm just not sure...so any input you can share would be great!...it would be mostly used when the kiddos sit with me...I've got some new property to hunt next year so I'll be learning a new piece of property and moving around may be the ticket next year...

good luck if you get out with the kids and the muzzleloader this weekend!!!

Hope everyone has a good day today!

Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning Indiana!

Happy Weekend!

Quick Reply: December 2010 - General Chat Thread