1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crimestopper RS-4G2

Old 01-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Jeepsrcool
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crimestopper RS-4G2

I have tried to install this remote starter kit on my 2006 F-250 diesel XL model. This truck was just a basic truck. I installed a keyless entry system on it by crimestopper model# CS-865.RKE but removed it because the new system I thought would support keyless entry. Here is how I have it wired without the locks because I have no idea where they go or feed from. I need some help bad.

12 pin low current plug:

yellow white- not used
orange- not used
pink-was told this could not be used on my model it would have to be
programmed
gray-not used
purple-Brake Switch-connected to light green at brake pedal switch
green-Start Activation-unsure if needed
orange black- not used
white- hooked to parking light switch but does not flash
yellow black- run ignition-hooked to red and light green at ignition
switch harness
brown- not used
black-ground
red white- Tried to hook to tach wire which has a steady 12v at all rpm
but still no luck starting

6 pin high current plug:

2 red fused wires hooked to battery terminal
Pink and White- not used
Pink-hooked to wire only with ignition power source
Grey- A/C Heater Control Power
Brown-hooked to dark green from ignition harness and it reads 10v while
starting but still will not start

3 pin low current plug

Blue- not used
Red- Not used
Green- Not used

Also I am not sure what the other low current plug is for or if its
needed. Also do I have to reinstall the CS-865-RKE for the remote locks
or can this not be programmed for the new system. The box clicks as if it is trying to start but nothing else. I also tested all the prongs for the large 6 pin plugs and they all read as they should with the exception of the pink and white which is not hooked up. Please let me know if
the wiring is correct or not and where they need to go. Im stuck with the dash torn apart and no DIESEL TRUCK to drive and you know how that makes a man feel. Back in the 4x4 Jeep I guess

Old 01-09-2011, 09:14 PM
DIXIEDOG1
Elder User
Does your truck have an engine immobilizer? If you leave the key sitting in the truck and press the remote start button does it start the truck? If so you need to get some kind of bypass for the immobilizer.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Jeepsrcool
New User
Not that I'm aware of the truck won't crank with the key in or out with the remote

Old 01-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Jeepsrcool
New User
OK so I have wired the unit up correctly per crimestopper but the truck will not start or even attempt to start. I have power at all the places I should and when I should but I cannot get the darn thing to work. I dont even think my remotes are programming properly but the lights flash when you lock or unlock, and the module clicks 3 times when you try to start the truck but no go. I purchased a 30amp relay just in case but am unsure of how to wire this thing up and what needs it the starter or the ignition wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated Im tired of this darn truck starter.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 AM
Jeepsrcool
New User
Where is everyone I still need help getting this thing running.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:31 AM
helomech
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it like the viper remote where you need to HOLD the remote start button for like 5 seconds before it will actually start the vehicle? ie, so if you hit it in your pocket, it's not trying to start the truck?

Old 02-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Jeepsrcool
New User
It's not even trying to start the truck. Horn works, parking lights come on when the start button is pressed but Im not getting power to the pink wire from the large 6 pin harness which is hooked to ignition #1. Pink and white does not have power either so I have power going into the module, good ground, but the box or whatever is not telling the pink nor pink and white wore to have power. Any clue on this?

Old 02-04-2011, 01:34 AM
helomech
Mountain Pass
Just to confirm, you press the start button and the lights, etc come on. Nothing different if you keep holding the button? Heck, try 10 seconds. Just keep holding the button and watch for start or power on your other wires.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:37 AM
helomech
Mountain Pass
What about the purple wire for the brake? That's not getting constant power is it? ie, making the unit think that the start is aborted by someone pressing on the brake pedal.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:46 AM
helomech
Mountain Pass
What's "start activation"?

Also, just noticed diesel. If you didn't want to wait, would that crank if the glow plugs weren't heated? or is there some type of forced delay?

Old 02-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Jeepsrcool
New User
The brake wire is correct only seeing 12 volts when pressed, start activation I'm not sure what that is, and the truck has to be programmed for timed crank so I don't even hook up the glow plug wire on this model from what I have read.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:55 AM
cmalinowski
Junior User
Originally Posted by helomech
What's "start activation"?

Also, just noticed diesel. If you didn't want to wait, would that crank if the glow plugs weren't heated? or is there some type of forced delay?
Mine (AutoPage) waits about 10 seconds before cranking to let glow plugs heat up. Mind you, I have an 08 so the glow plugs only need a couple of seconds, but it doesn't know that So I am pretty sure it's just a forced delay.

I have to press my remote's start button twice before it works. But then it doesn't do the pre-crank routine unless I do and it sounds as if the OP's truck is doing everything but actually cranking.

Chris

Old 02-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Jeepsrcool
New User
Well any ideas someone mentioned uwing the 3 low current wires which are ign 2, start 2, and acc 2. If these are needed then where do they hook up? One guy said to move the pink and white to the glow plugs at the steering column and hook up one of Tue low current wires but never mentioned which one or where to hook it to. Any help is greatly appreciated.