1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

GAS PRICES

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:17 AM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GAS PRICES

Whats up with the cost of Gas! Need to make some noise on the social networks. "Lower gas prices NOW!" Twitter or FB this

Old 01-07-2011, 12:04 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
As the stock market rebounds, the folks in higher places think the economy is good. As stocks go higher, so do oil prices. I just wish the folks who have would look at the conditions of those of us who don't. In my part of the world, the economy still stinks, so higher fuel prices hurt.
If I thought it would do some good, I would shout it from the highest rooftop, but alas I think it would only get me arrested as a pshyco

Old 01-07-2011, 12:24 PM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Republican House's second order of business should be to get the offshore drilling ban lifted. It's the futures market that is driving gas prices up.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:39 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
im paying 3 69 a gal im baker....7.80 for marlboros.25.00 for a 12 pk of coronas

Old 01-07-2011, 12:44 PM
maverickman514
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's pure and simple GREED that drives the prices up.... now that the BP oil catastrophe is not front and center in the world's eye. they have jacked up thier prices and the others have followed.... funny how the middle east still enjoy prices under a dollar a gallon...

Oh, and as far as our "new" gov't is concerned: SSDD all the politicians are the same.. all they really care about is what THEY will get out of all this.... and screw the people that believed enough of thier BS to vote for that particular liar.

SORRY FOR THE RANT AND THE HI-JACK

Old 01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
hellfirejim
Elder User
The real reality of the price of gas is tied directly to the price of oil. Oil has been going up do the very high demand of China and India. As the demand for more oil increases, it lowers the amount left for everybody and hence the price goes up. Speculation in the oil price? Absolutely as you remember that was what drove the price up before but this time it is different.

If the idiots in washington will allow more offshore drilling it would help. Are you aware that we can't drill off shore but rigs from other countries are out there drilling and tapping into the oil resrves that feed our off shore wells???

There is so much more to this but this is a good starter. I know that political stuff is not allowed but I will say this, before I am ready to condem the new congress i will wait and see. If they don't do good we will through them out and bringin a new group untill they get it right.
jim

Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by hellfirejim
... i will wait and see. If they don't do good we will through them out and bringin a new group untill they get it right.
jim

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, at least not for this millennium.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
hellfirejim
Elder User
I guess I just am an optimist.... but i am willing to give them a chnce.
jim

Old 01-07-2011, 03:34 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess I just am an optimist.... but i am willing to give them a chnce.
jim
Seeing as they broke nearly every 'pledge' they made to get elected, on the very first day, I'd say the taxpayers are screwed again.
As Maverickman514 said SSDD!

Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 465 Likes on 301 Posts
I was in Germany on business a few years ago and looked at a sign at a gas station...the price was about what we were paying in the US. I brought this up at dinner with a few of the locals and they laughed...the price that I saw was per LITER not per gallon. Multiply the per liter price by 3.8 and you get the per gallon price!

Old 01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by harleymsn
Seeing as they broke nearly every 'pledge' they made to get elected, on the very first day, I'd say the taxpayers are screwed again.
As Maverickman514 said SSDD!
depends on which level of screwed you think we're getting..
they all have a tough problem to solve.. I just wish they'd shut up about EACH OTHER and get to work.

I want controls.. you think the budget office is wrong.. cool.. you bet YOUR SALARY AND BENEFITS if you're wrong. every year OVER budget, we cut YOUR salary, and your districts benefits. every year UNDER budget, you get a raise.
congress uses OUR benefits package, same as for everyone else.

and I want campaign controls.. you can't talk about THE OTHER GUY.. you can ONLY talk about YOU.. what are YOU gonna do.

altho the govt was setup intentionally to be adversarial, there are ways to work this crap out.

Sam

Old 01-07-2011, 05:26 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
One more factor in the price of gas is oil is traded in US dollars, the US dollar is worth a lot less since our buddy, the annoited one, is screwing with everything. He's spreading the wealth, thanks, but no thanks.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:05 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,422 Likes on 1,378 Posts
The real reality of the price of gas is tied directly to the price of oil. Oil has been going up do the very high demand of China and India. As the demand for more oil increases, it lowers the amount left for everybody and hence the price goes up.
What Jim said! And as the world economy improves, oil prices won't be getting cheaper any time soon, unfortunately. There was talk in the news the other night about $5/gal within the next year or two. Who among us wants to be the first to transplant a Prius drivetrain in an old truck?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:17 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
When you see the production figures for China/India/etc., understand that these aren't people replacing their old cars, these are new consumers for the most part. The price of gas ain't ever going to be this low again, no amount of drilling will change that.

The only surprise to me is how quickly Americans rushed back to driving F350's and such as daily drivers; today I was in a traffic jam and 75% of the vehicles were large trucks, people commuting to work, not a one with more than the driver in them (no cargo). Really?????

Old 01-07-2011, 11:48 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Would it be an insane thought to think that maybe the country should get itself out of the hole BEFORE the gas prices skyrocket again? Who's shoulders would that fall on to get that done? I know it ain't on mine, I ain't nearly that rich, or greedy to screw the middle class and below.

Quick Reply: GAS PRICES