Mileage: 999999
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
Color: Black
Engine: 460

1989 F250 HD (Over 8500lb GVWR). Fuel Injected 460 V8 gas engine runs great, plenty of power, starts every time. C6 auto trans shifts smooth, no slippage. This truck is a work truck that I was building into a family fun mobile to put a truck back camper in and go on road trips, however I do not have time to finish. I went back into the Army Reserves and that combined with a second baby on the way has taken all my available time to finish this project. This truck is ready to go and haul whatever you can throw at it.

Pictures are in my profile garage here: Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - JMC302's Album: Garage - The Beast

The good:
-F250 HD, 10.25" floating rear axle out back with Dana 50 TTB front, 3.54 gears from the factory. Auxiliary oil and transmissions coolers from factory.
-Runs smooth, plenty of power...There are signs that it has been recently rebuilt and that it might be running a bigger cam. I chased everything down and there is no Check engine light on.
-New front brake pads
-New Flexplate
-AC converted to R-134 and blows cold
-New heater core, blows hot
-New Yokohama Geolander tires...maybe 1500 miles on them (Rims and tires worth $1300 alone)
-Trailer hitch already installed.
-New rubberized flooring installed
-Wet Okle neoprene seat cover, custom made and fits great.
-Power windows work
-New sliding rear window
-New in-tank fuel pump in rear tank, both tanks work great.
-4x4 Works as it should.
-Rebuilt driveshaft with new u-joints.
-New O2 sensor
-New headlight bulbs...the expensive Sylvanias
-Cruise control works as it should
-Comes with toolbox in the bed

The Bad:
-Power Steering box has a leak...needs fluid every couple weeks. Box works great, just leaks.
Has a small oil leak, used a quart of oil over 1500 miles...not burned in the engine, leaked out.
-Previous owner hacked the original Y-pipe from the motor. The exhaust behind it is new (2.5" pipes into single 3" Summit cat-back), but it hangs down a little low. A new factory pipe is $120, but an exhaust shop could bend up some custom pipes and tuck everything away for about the same price...just haven't had time to get it done.
-Power locks do not work...will include aftermarket keyless entry kit that I have not installed.
-Body is as to be expected on a work truck this age. Some cab corner rust, and a couple rust holes in the bed. Frame only has light surface rust.
-Fuel level sending units do not function properly. Rear unit does not function at all. Front unit reads full until there are 6 gallons left, then will start bouncing on the dial...when it reads empty you need gas very soon. When I fill up I run the rear tank first for 150 or so miles, then switch to the front until it starts bouncing...filling up at that time.

Those are the ins and outs of the truck, please let me know if you have any questions about it. As mentioned before it runs like a champ, and just needs a couple issues addressed to be done. I hate to not finish this project, but I just don't have the time. For an extra $400 over the selling price I will include the new Kenwood CD player with Sirius satellite radio capability...all you will need is to get a subscription.

Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:49 AM
JMC302
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump......