Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Post a Pic of Your Ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if i posted here and don't know how i missed it either. I have a ton of pictures from TGM but i won't go through all of them.

Here is TGM in all it's glory, this is before i took the mud flaps off. They were held on with zipties and i had one fall off in a mud puddle

Got me some new kicks, type is in my sig:
Old

New ones

My redneck frame lift to take 2 of the quadshocks off

Redneck breaker bar

I used the jack to break the nut loose so i could take the Track bar off and replace the bushings. The axle side only had the metal sleeve left, no bushing. The frame side had a old but newer Moog in it which i still replaced.

Took some Simple Green to it and the rough side of a scotch bright sponge to clean it up

Hang drying in my garage after a few coats of primer

Then comes the green, almost the same as the truck paint but this is from walmart so it isn't the same exactly

I also added a Clear Glaze to it to shine it a bit more and add some extra protection

Cleaned up my back side and added a rubber mat for the back and one for the back seat floor.

Next is my tranny rebuild, i pulled it and had the inards replaced and had a new seal for the t-case put on. The new inards are built for a truck so their heavy duty and it all cost me $600 without sales tax (under the table work )

When i get them back (no pics of after removed due to my step dad and brother being impatient)

Got my c-6 on the tranny jack myself, back breaking work if i do say so myself

And lastly, the next morning after it was all done (wednsday)

I have a lot more pictures and i also did u-joints but i hate posting a ton of pictures, i feel like i am going overboard...

Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Not sure how I missed this until now... Any way here you guys go

Truck

My truck and my Cadillac. The caddy will be my DD when I turn 16. Received it as a gift from my grandparents. These pics are after I switched to chrome headlight doors (can't beat $7 at pick n pull!)

This last one is me just messing around with light painting a while back (October I think...)

Old 03-03-2012, 10:46 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Nice camper and caddy. I always like those bigger cars. Like driving a boat down the road.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:32 AM
FlatoutKrazy
Freshman User
Here are both of my Trucks

08 F250 Harley and my 54 f100

Old 03-04-2012, 01:57 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Very cool F100, i have seen only a few of those every once in a while.
Here is some pictures of my other rides:
This was my very first ride, it had a 200 6 in it 3 spd auto 82 Mustang GL. Cost my parents a whopping $200, the original idea was to get me a 4 banger as my first car so i could learn how to handle the power of that before a v8 but this little 6 banger had less power than most 4bangers so they said that would be OK. It had squirrels living in it for 4 years prior to me getting it so clean up was a PITA. I don't have many pictures and since it was my first car i didn't do hardly anything to it besides some bondo rust repair and interior work.

Here is my second ride, and my first vehicle bought with my own hard earned moolah, it is my 88 Ranger XLT with the 2.9 6er. It was also my first 5spd manual that i learned to drive. It had a ladder rack on it and i didn't want it so we took it off and set it out for free but after it was gone and i realized how heavy it was i wish i would have taken it to the scrap yard... I technically still own this truck but my brother has it cause he sold his POS 79 bronco. Don't get me wrong i love these 2nd gens but his was toast, it ran crappy and had rust holes everywhere that had been sprayed with the rust stopping acid stuff. The interior was done for and the clutch (4spd) was going out. He noticed the rear axle on the passenger side was moving back and forth when he dropped the clutch and thought it was this pin thing in the axle. H replaced that and it did nothing then he found out it was the leaf spring bracket and decided to sell it.

And this is the one and only picture of the 79

Half the lights didn't work.

And a few more glory shots for TGM

Thats about it.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
FlatoutKrazy
Freshman User
Very cool fords man!!! I need to see if I can dig up some shots of the other 2 harley trucks i had. I had the black and orange 04 F250 Harley and an 03 supercharged F150 i modded the crap out of and used to show...

Old 03-06-2012, 06:31 AM
crash1
Posting Guru
here is a few

Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Damn Curt your full of customized cars aren't ya... Those are pretty cool though.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:27 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
thank you .......

Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Buzz44
This came home for parts for my 63 in the early spring.

It has now morphed into this over the summer.

1965 F100 Drives Again! - Part 3 - YouTube

Sorry its not a pic dont have a completed pic of it yet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vic-63-65/7000277472/http://www.flickr.com/photos/vic-63-65/7000277472/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/vic-63-65/, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vic-63-65/7237782690/http://www.flickr.com/photos/vic-63-65/7237782690/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/vic-63-65/, on Flickr

Well here it is now just needs alot of body work and a nice paint job. Ive been driving it and showing it all summer this way. I pretty much look for any excuse to get out and drive it around. It gets alot of looks going down the highway and surprised a few people with how fast it is.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:33 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
I love the sound of that. Is it just straight piped?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
No its not straight piped I still look to use it as a truck sometimes so talked it over with the exhaust system guy. I opted for headers into a ypipe into a single flowmaster muffler I failed to get the part # but Im running lager than stock pipes believe them to be 3" to the muffler and 2 1/2 out to the tail end. I did this to keep some back pressure on the system to keep some low end torgue avalible for pulling when I add the trailer hitch. Running it this way it has a nice mellow rumble and still quite enough on the hiway. There is no wondering about what size motor is under the hood. It turns heads when I romp on it. Oh yeah trying to keep it looking as factory stock as possible.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jgavac
Looks like you have the last of the good years for Ford 4x4 and crew to boot. Nice it dosent get any better.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:51 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Buzz44
Looks like you have the last of the good years for Ford 4x4 and crew to boot. Nice it dosent get any better.
I ended up with 2wd though And it's just a supercab, but it's still nice.

I wanted to go straight pipes on mine because it sounds so good at wot, but I also use mine as a truck. I went for stock manifolds (would like headers at some point...) with a single glasspack. I have a hard time not doing hard takeoffs and showing off driving though town because everyone looks...

Jameson

Last edited by jgavac; 09-21-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: updated with response
Old 09-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jgavac
Looked at your slow build thread great job man keep it up. That truck should be around a long time and running strong with your help.

Quick Reply: Post a Pic of Your Ride!!!