get me caught up to speed - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

get me caught up to speed

Old 12-31-2010, 03:24 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
get me caught up to speed

Here is my problem: I did not start reading the thread entitled, "Spam in the Private Mail," because I didn't really care as I just ignored spam and ads on the FTE page. I would see the thread growing and growing and was glad I hadn't gotten in that thread. Must be boring stuff about ads, money, and paying for the site I thought.

Well, today, in another thread, someone made reference to it, and since it was my day off (actually off all week) I went to the last page to see what was going on. I started on page 49 and went backwards. Now it is up to 50 pages.

I am not going to read thru 50 pages to get caught up on gossip, but "inquiring minds want to know". So can someone please give me the gist of what happened to Julie. Give me the Readers Digest condensed version.

Thanks

Old 12-31-2010, 03:29 PM
52 Merc
Post Fiend
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
She picked a fight with admins over a bunch of nothing, and in the process got "outed" as the man she was all along. Real name Dan, he got kicked off the site for crimes against humanity.

The end.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:22 PM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
Recap the entire thread so far:

Julie complained about SPAM ads in PMs
Members gave Julie a hard time about being someone she/he wasn't
Julie again she/he didn't have to defend her/himself
Julie gets notification she/he has a email that needs to be answered
Julie mysteriously vanishes
Posts about ending the thread
Thread starts to turn strange
Still more strangeness
Talk about the little blue pills
Some members defend Julie/Dan
Some members state why they feel Julie/Dan was wrong
Some members state Julie/Dan was the reason they no longer post
Discrepancies in the Julie/Dan posts and profiles were listed
User names were discussed and explained
Dick was invited to everyone's house
Pictures of an ugly cross dresser and a member's butt
Talk of likes and dislikes of real Spam and other foods
Fishing and what is the best bait
Carlene's T-shirt starts blinking at us

Then the thread goes off in different directions. That's about it.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:27 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
... and now it's to the point the thread is more distracting than the problems it solved.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:13 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post

Members gave Julie a hard time about being someone she/he wasn't
Julie again she/he didn't have to defend her/himself
Julie gets notification she/he has a email that needs to be answered
Julie mysteriously vanishes
Posts about ending the thread
Thread starts to turn strange
Still more strangeness
Talk about the little blue pills
Some members defend Julie/Dan
Some members state why they feel Julie/Dan was wrong
Some members state Julie/Dan was the reason they no longer post
Discrepancies in the Julie/Dan posts and profiles were listed
User names were discussed and explained
Dick was invited to everyone's house
Pictures of an ugly cross dresser and a member's butt
Talk of likes and dislikes of real Spam and other foods
Fishing and what is the best bait

LOL!! Thats the best recap ever!

Bobby

Old 12-31-2010, 05:17 PM
mtflat
Post Fiend
mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.
Abe, just jump in and start reading. Its been a hoot, in fact it's the most fun you can have with clothes on.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Mervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by abe View Post
Here is my problem: I did not start reading the thread entitled, "Spam in the Private Mail," because I didn't really care as I just ignored spam and ads on the FTE page. I would see the thread growing and growing and was glad I hadn't gotten in that thread. Must be boring stuff about ads, money, and paying for the site I thought.

Well, today, in another thread, someone made reference to it, and since it was my day off (actually off all week) I went to the last page to see what was going on. I started on page 49 and went backwards. Now it is up to 50 pages.

I am not going to read thru 50 pages to get caught up on gossip, but "inquiring minds want to know". So can someone please give me the gist of what happened to Julie. Give me the Readers Digest condensed version.

Thanks
Havi has the facts.
It's not a short story

Old 01-01-2011, 12:51 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mervy49 View Post
Havi has the facts.
It's not a short story
And I have living proof. I've met Dulie in person about a year ago.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Harrier
Post Fiend
Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
That had me in tears.
Yes excellent recap, it's definitely entertaining.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:51 AM
ibuzzard
Gone But Not Forgotten
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Bob,if you've any "free" time,I feel you're just the guy to develop this synopsis into a first-rate movie-script.Perhaps a television mini-series.You might throw a bone or two to your FTE buddies,giving them roles in the production.There's bound to be much competition for the coveted lead-role,Julie-Dan.I vote give it to PennDick.I want to be one of the victims,a role I'm eminently qualified to play,as I am married.Will work for wiring-diagrams.

Best Wishes,

Stevie

Old 01-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Old F1
Posting Guru
Old F1 has a good reputation on FTE.Old F1 has a good reputation on FTE.Old F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Also posted in the “no topic” thread.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but here is a diabolical sinister Machiavellian conspiracy theory for you;

Dan is having the last laugh (for now) at our expense; he knew he would be found out so he signed up under another alias some time ago and is even posting on this thread!

I wonder who it is?

Old 01-01-2011, 10:38 AM
edzakory
Elder User
edzakory is a splendid one to beholdedzakory is a splendid one to beholdedzakory is a splendid one to beholdedzakory is a splendid one to beholdedzakory is a splendid one to beholdedzakory is a splendid one to behold
“It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one's dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent.” - W. Somerset Maugham

Julie made the cardinal mistake of attacking other members’ dignity, a trait we all cherish and rarely surrender. By being dishonest, Dan lost his own dignity.

“No man is an Island, entire of itself”; I will miss his many contributions to the forum. When he gets his mind right, I will join in welcoming him back.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:27 AM
ibuzzard
Gone But Not Forgotten
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Old F1 View Post
Dan is having the last laugh (for now) at our expense; he knew he would be found out so he signed up under another alias some time ago and is even posting on this thread! I wonder who it is?
Only naughty girls tell,Tee Hee!

Old 01-01-2011, 12:23 PM
POS-F500
Senior User
POS-F500 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.POS-F500 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

...blablabla....

I enjoyed your recap... but 'THEN the thread goes off...' ??

lol

Old 01-01-2011, 04:27 PM
BACAGrizz
Posting Guru
BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.
I have re read it a couple times myself. It is definitely worth the effort.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: get me caught up to speed

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.