1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:34 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
From what I'm gathering, "Julie" would still be accepted if "she" just came out, confessed and apologized.

"Julie's" knowledge is great and will be missed if "she" doesn't fess up.

HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY!
I agree, the problem I always had was the misleading. Some guys here flirting with "her" YUCK!

Old 12-20-2010, 11:36 AM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 289 Likes on 199 Posts
Is She Hot? Well, Is She!!?

Originally Posted by Krewat
Is she hot?
You be the judge;

Dan was apparently banned for tirades in this thread : https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...1panelman.html

The " Julie" persona arrived about 3 days later,May 6 2008 : https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...nd-im-new.html

This is what "Your Posting Princess" says about herself:

" Well, I've been a "Stew" since I was 18 (23 years - started on Ozark) and I still look like the 50s girl on the job." or " I'm in pretty good shape for an old broad of 52! Good Genes (and good Jeans!) tee hee."

* Note-Apparently, shes nearly as old as her own father.Miraculous!*

About her Dad:

" ... my father - Dan DeCosta - AKA Sandidande here at FTE." "He was a mechanic for almost 50 years and the truck is in pretty good shape'" "Date of Birth
September 5, 1955" (User Profile)

*Note-Dan apparently began wrenching while still in diapers.What skills!

About her Fathers' Passing:

"And it's true my father passed away last June 7" or "When my dad passed last May, I moved to his house in the San Diego Area."

*Note-Can't even remember when her own father died?*

About her truck:

" just inherited my dads old 51 F1 pick-up!" or "I bought my truck for $1,400 5 years ago"

*Note-Again,faulty memory.*

What "Your Posting Princess" thinks of us:

"I put this idiot on the ignore list months ago!" "you fashion yourself to be someone important or a patronly authority" "I never said
you were being stupid intentionally, you're just stupid whether you can help yourself or not" " Maybe if you jerks would knock this garbage off I wouldn't be so
defensive all the time" "The truth is you few are cowards" " Let me refresh your memory correctly Penn Dick as it appears your psycho drugs have not kicked in yet
today" "Nobody cares about that kind of nit picky semantics BS despite your rationalization about accuracy" "What is this, the third time you've said goodbye this year Alan?
Here's a site you might find you fit in with a little better since you don't like it here: Whiners Anonymous"

This should be read by everyone to see what Dan/Julie is all about:

"Well Alan, that's pretty impressive.And after reading your responses above, well, I guss those who choose to believe you and your "sound engineering principles" can. Alan - you're an idiot - really! I've never experienced anyone with your philosophies who didn't come out of "the hills" and maintained a mechanical philosophy so backward (not even ameturish but just plain messed up- in all respects) as to try and convince others that they were "sound mechanical pratices." Torro Guano!As someone whos credentials [which really are not appicable here - yours or mine] far excede those, I simply don't understand why someone with your education can't seem to contribute more responsible inputs- from a simply technoligical standpoint. Seems that credtials don't build trucks. As a matter of fact my experience has shown that credentials don't reflect intellengence or a thought provess either. Knowledge, experience and an intelligent grasp of fundamentals, coupled with the ability to analytically rationalize solutions to problems is the key.A smart person with a high school education is a smart person. A moron with an advanced college degree is a moron - it happens - sorry. And Alan, only people with big educations and little intelligence try to post their certifications on web sites to justify really bad or unqualified inputs."

*Translation - She loves us.*

I think you get the picture."Julie" has been deceptive, rude, and has had a difficult time keeping her stories straight.Any self-respecting twelve year old could have covered his tracks better.Many of us have been on the wrong side of her Dr. Jekyll/Mr.Hyde persona.

But,is she "hot"?I think not.

My guess is that "She" will return,in one form or another,within a short while.When that little heart in the upper right side disappears, it usually means you've been suspended or banned.Perhaps we'll soon be seeing Son of Julie,with the exact same truck.Or Dan again,or Julie, in a kinder,gentler version.But unless and until Adrian/Mods deal once and for all with Dans' charade,everything is bound to boil over again.

I think the Admin/Mods should end this game, and close this thread.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:52 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So, Steve, what you're saying is that you're 12 years old?? Great post, by the way.

However, I disagree with you. I think that the post should remain open. It brings great entertainment and traffic. I check this post several times a day for any new developments.

"Julie" has helped me with my truck project several times and has helped many others. However, I can't keep playing along with "her" facade of untruthfulness and keep my mouth shut. I've done this for a long time.

I can personally confirm that Julie is Dan and that Dan is alive and well. I've had dealings with Dan in person and have met and talked to him about a year ago when I picked up the front half of a truck that him and I bought and split. He used the rear to build the trailer for his truck.

I've been to Dan's house. Dan even gave me his phone number for contact a long time ago. I've even seen Dan's truck in person. Dan played "Uncle Jim" when I arrived to get the truck while "Julie" was stuck in a blizzard in Washington, D.C. while flying for work. "Uncle Jim", "Julie" = Dan. I can also describe Dan's personal vehicle that was parked in his driveway in front of the garage. If the moderators want more info or don't believe me, they can contact me for the details. That day is still clear to me like it was yesterday.

So, "Julie", if you're reading this, I'm sorry that you had to put on a charade for everyone. Your temper is what got you banned the first time and now it's happening again. Perhaps you should control your temper and leave the shenanigans behind. Confess and apologize, and if the powers that be allow your return, come back and share your knowledge.

Just be truthful!

Old 12-20-2010, 11:58 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
"Oh what a tangled web we weave
when first we practise to deceive..."

Sir Walter Scott said it best

Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Alcaeus
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously who cares! I don't know why everyone is so upset by the mystery around Julie or the PM's.

I didn't know this was the FTE edition of "Days of our lives"...

Old 12-20-2010, 12:11 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Alcaeus
Seriously who cares! I don't know why everyone is so upset by the mystery around Julie or the PM's.

I didn't know this was the FTE edition of "Days of our lives"...
Honestly, I don't think that anyone is upset or disappointed. I think most are happy and feel satisfied that the thruth has finally came out and something was done about it after years of deception.

Your opinion is appreciated, but this started way before your time here on FTE. It's about deception and dishonesty. It's hard to trust someone online and this is a prime example showing why. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. There's a lot more to it than you care to know. You can choose to ignore this post.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:16 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Like I said before, it's just sad that he/she had to paint herself/himself into a corner.

I've often noticed the threads where the arguementative belittling began that it was in the wee hours of the morning. Perhaps after a few cocktails? I dunno, I don't want to speculate that. But I've watched a few threads get edited before the morning crowd got on. I've known since day one, and never once bought into the story. On more than one occasion I've watched the correct answer be given to a question, and then dan comes on and posts the answer again. But the credit went to Dan because he was a "girl" and that chivalry always took first place. I was never mad that Dan answered the question, I was just upset that he got all the credit, and that his reputation points kept climbing. So I went and deleted a lot of my posts and wrote various things such as, "I know nothing" out of frustration. Petty on myseolf? Perhaps, but after awhile, I got to seeing things a little differently. The charade started to wear off, and that Dan was starting to actually "get it" with the being courteous to everyone else, and such. However, I never thought a question about PM's would get this far, and how the end result played out. That all said, I will regret how I reacted, and how Dan has acted. I never once asked him to get banned. I just hoped he would have come clean, but when you've gone as far as he did, it's hard to do that. And that is the corner he's painted himself into. All things being fair, I would say he knew his stuff, as well as a few others here. I would never say that anyone here didn't, unlike Dan in a few posts. Just ask Alanco.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:23 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
....So, "Julie", if you're reading this, I'm sorry that you had to put on a charade for everyone. Your temper is what got you banned the first time and now it's happening again. Perhaps you should control your temper and leave the shenanigans behind. Confess and apologize, and if the powers that be allow your return, come back and share your knowledge.

Just be truthful!
Originally Posted by havi
... I would never say that anyone here didn't, unlike Dan in a few posts. Just ask Alanco.
I think it says a lot that Ilya (Panelman) was the object of the tirade that got Dan banned, and is on here letting Julie off the hook. True character shows.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:30 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
I think it says a lot that Ilya (Panelman) was the object of the tirade that got Dan banned, and is on here letting Julie off the hook. True character shows.
I am in absolute full agreement.

I don't know if anyone was driven away from this site when this all began a couple years ago, but if they were, I hope they come back.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:33 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Thanks for the nice words, Ross, but I never got Dan banned. I wasn't around on FTE during that time due to some personal issues. I wasn't even aware of Dan's tirade about me until someone contacted me off the board and told me. I quickly resolved Dan's issue. Around the same time another FTE user had an issue with me. Mainly, the issues were over the time it took to ship a part. I also resolved that issue by shiping the part and fully refunding the money for the part.

As much as I'd like to take the credit for having Dan banned the first time, it wasn't me. It was the moderators that did it. I never sent them any requests.

However, Dan's original issue with me is water under the bridge for me. I appreciate his knowledge and value his posts, but only the information that he provides. I can care less about the attitude sometimes. I think that Dan's issue with me is forgotten. Why else would he give me two plastic totes full of old/extra parts from his build when I went to pick up the half of the truck???

Old 12-20-2010, 01:15 PM
dennisb56
Laughing Gas
Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts
WOW, I must be real stupid. I had no idea Julie was a Mrs. Doubtfire. This has taken a strange turn.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:17 PM
al.lug
Al Lugtenburg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m new on this Forum and all I know is what I read. For me Julie was Julie, that meaning nothing but an Avatar posting its opinions and knowledge here. The reputation is acquired with the reliability on what is said and as far as I know everybody learned a lot with Julies posts.

That said, I fully agree with Ilya when he said that truth is important, it’s difficult to conquer but very easy to lost. The words posted here are our sole and unique way of communication and so I think it’s very important that they transmit honesty.

Yes, I have read the entire post and it’s something!! I think it should stay open.

By the way, I don’t mind with a few Ads.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:24 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
I was talking about Sen. McCarthy's daughter, jeez!

Old 12-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Just to clear up a thing or two. This thread did NOT get "Julie" Banned and things could have turned out in a more positive way had "Julie" chosen to play by FTE's rules. This thread was just used as an instrument to point out that someone needed to respond to an email.

From post # 54 of this thread.
Originally Posted by IB Tim
You have an email that you need to respond to.
People can complain about Ad's, PM Ad's (I get them too) - we don't ban folks for that. Heck you can even complain about me and you won't get banned, maybe.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:54 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,106 Likes on 2,167 Posts
Originally Posted by Carlene
. Heck you can even complain about me and you won't get banned, maybe.

thats true!!

i complain about Carlene all the time, and she has not done anything to me ye

Quick Reply: Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail