Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail

Old 12-20-2010, 02:01 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
Dan is a retired U.S. Navy Captain (O-6)
He has 1 child, a son.

He has disavowed both - Thats my issue with him.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:45 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
It's just sick and wrong I tell ya, sick and wrong.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:24 PM
iwanaflattie
Posting Guru
iwanaflattie has a good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a good reputation on FTE.
I’m new on this Forum and all I know is what I read. For me Julie was Julie, that meaning nothing but an Avatar posting its opinions and knowledge here. The reputation is acquired with the reliability on what is said and as far as I know everybody learned a lot with Julies posts.
>>>>>>>>i too appreciate the help of whoever is behind julies avatar,,,if it turned julie was dan or julie was whoever i would not care because people do things ike that for a reason i assume its a good one....and i appreciate everybodys help and input

Old 12-20-2010, 04:55 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Carlene View Post
Just to clear up a thing or two. This thread did NOT get "Julie" Banned and things could have turned out in a more positive way had "Julie" chosen to play by FTE's rules. This thread was just used as an instrument to point out that someone needed to respond to an email.
I tried to warn her...him....er...uh...it.
Way back in post #15 of this very thread I advised her to be careful how she took on the admin of the site.

Quite the charade....Ol' Dan could be quite helpful (in either persona) its a shame he couldn't keep his temper in check. There were way too many times when he took things to heart and went on the personal attack against anyone whose ideas differed from his. (I know, he blasted me several times). Still, I think he would still fit in and be welcomed without too much flack from anyone.

Interesting times
Bobby

Old 12-20-2010, 04:57 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
wow

I havn't been reading this trend till 2day. WOW hit me with a brick. All i know is JULIE/DAN/WHO EVER has helped me out from day one.Julie if you read this THANKS MY FRIEND. Guess what folks my name ain't FRED its DALE DEXTER KENT.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
BACAGrizz
Posting Guru
BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by arrowheadfred View Post
I havn't been reading this trend till 2day. WOW hit me with a brick. All i know is JULIE/DAN/WHO EVER has helped me out from day one.Julie if you read this THANKS MY FRIEND. Guess what folks my name ain't FRED its DALE DEXTER KENT.
At least your name matches your gender!

My Road name is Grizz and I ride with BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse) so that is where my username came from.

My real name is David and I can control my temper and post without belittling or degrading anyone. Although, sometimes my humor gets misinterpreted.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Carlene
Admom
Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
Bet ya all would never guess what my name is.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:09 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Carl?

Old 12-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Carlene
Admom
Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by havi View Post
Like I said before, it's just sad that he/she had to paint herself/himself into a corner.

I've often noticed the threads where the arguementative belittling began that it was in the wee hours of the morning. Perhaps after a few cocktails? I dunno, I don't want to speculate that. But I've watched a few threads get edited before the morning crowd got on. I've known since day one, and never once bought into the story. On more than one occasion I've watched the correct answer be given to a question, and then dan comes on and posts the answer again. But the credit went to Dan because he was a "girl" and that chivalry always took first place. I was never mad that Dan answered the question, I was just upset that he got all the credit, and that his reputation points kept climbing. So I went and deleted a lot of my posts and wrote various things such as, "I know nothing" out of frustration. Petty on myseolf? Perhaps, but after awhile, I got to seeing things a little differently. The charade started to wear off, and that Dan was starting to actually "get it" with the being courteous to everyone else, and such. However, I never thought a question about PM's would get this far, and how the end result played out. That all said, I will regret how I reacted, and how Dan has acted. I never once asked him to get banned. I just hoped he would have come clean, but when you've gone as far as he did, it's hard to do that. And that is the corner he's painted himself into. All things being fair, I would say he knew his stuff, as well as a few others here. I would never say that anyone here didn't, unlike Dan in a few posts. Just ask Alanco.
I've seen this happen in several other forums and it always irks me. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Whenever I would post something that I've learned from one of the guys in the Paint & Bodywork forum, I would always say where I got my info from.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
jmadsen
Postmaster
jmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie View Post
I’m new on this Forum and all I know is what I read. For me Julie was Julie, that meaning nothing but an Avatar posting its opinions and knowledge here. The reputation is acquired with the reliability on what is said and as far as I know everybody learned a lot with Julies posts.
>>>>>>>>i too appreciate the help of whoever is behind julies avatar,,,if it turned julie was dan or julie was whoever i would not care because people do things ike that for a reason i assume its a good one....and i appreciate everybodys help and input

Very well said, and I agree.

I have dealt with Julie, and Dan before he was she, and they were both very easy to work with and helpful, Haven't dealt with Uncle Jim yet though.

The Stories didn't always quite fit together very well right around the time that Dan "Died" and up through to this ongoing drama, (as others have already pointed out ) and I always speculated something a bit odd, But Hey we are all here with mostly common interests in ford trucks and sharing info. and a lot of us are a bit odd ourselves in our own ways.

(Sometimes a little bit less attitude from some members would be good but we all have our days don't we?)

So having said that; I Sincerely hope Julie, Dan or maybe it will be Uncle Jim this time? comes back and hangs out with us. And try not to sweat the small stuff,
Like a couple advertisement Pm's a year, that is definitly the small stuff, Although I've been there before and it may very well be something else prior that set's you off and then the littlest thing happens and Kaboom a PM with an add show's up.

and don't worry about someone else beating you to an answer to a question, Like Carlene says, "give credit where credit is due"

Lifes to Short! Dont sweat the small stuff!

Cheers

Josh

Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
Julie????

Old 12-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Carlene
Admom
Julie really is my middle name.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Mervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to beholdMervy49 is a splendid one to behold
I'm curious, how does one, he/she, join up in May 2008 and post 7,642 times to date? Just wondering.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:14 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
Do I win a prize? An FTE shirt would be nice. TEE HEE.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
The plot thickens.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.