1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cab trim corner MIA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 12:38 PM
JJFIVEOH
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very carefully. You have to pull the panels off, take the seat belt out, etc. The more you pull out the easier it is. The trim pieces bolt in, there are two nuts that hold it on. You'll need an extension and/or very tiny fingers to get the old nuts off. MAKE SURE NOT TO DROP THEM because you'll end up pulling out more panels to retrieve them and it's damn near impossible to find replacements. My trim pieces didn't come with the nuts. The threads strip very easily so have to make absolute sure that you have the correct nuts to replace them with if you do lose the originals. It was difficult to judge tightness be careful not to over-tighten.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Kingranch40071
6th Gear
Thanks for the advice ill let you know how it works out and give any tips that I may come across thanks again!!

~Kingranch40071

Old 07-16-2015, 10:41 AM
stretchypants
New User
Johncn, thanks a ton for all your research on this. I lost a molding piece as well (probably in a car wash) this week and it's killing me to look at the blank spot. Found the correct part at group1autoparts.com and it's on the way. I wouldn't have known what to search for without your post here.

Now to get it painted and installed...

Old 07-16-2015, 12:47 PM
CanDoGuy
New User
Originally Posted by 1tonner
My '00 F250 has mysteriously lost both upper cab rear corner trim pieces. looks to be two screws apiece were holding them on. Hard to describe so I can find another set. Anyone have thiers diappear also?

Can be seen top corner of this pic(not my truck)
Go to ebay super duty oem roof moulding

Old 10-17-2015, 11:23 PM
surfers57
New User
CanDoGuy, thanks for the eBay description. I just bought a truck missing this part and was trying to figure out what it was called.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:41 PM
SuperDave_1
New User
I know this is an old thread, but mine recently got popped of... both sides! The left side has damage to the paint as if it was pried off. I found the left side in the bed of my truck, who ever popped it off lost it as it was camouflaged with the brushes and twigs in the bed. My truck is a brown color. The idiots who popped it off must of not realized that you cant reuse them once they're broken off...
I found some on ebay for 35 dollars each but they're black, you still have to paint because they're black.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:20 PM
RazorV
New User
I know this old but I have searched everywhere and cannot find any info or video's of removing the inside rear panel and grabbing those nuts that hold the molding on and removing and reinstalling.

So here is a way you can put them on without having to remove the interior rear quarter panels, removing the seatbelt and dropping the headliner down and then risk the chance you drop a nut or your tool having you to remove the entire rear quarter panel, and praying my 10 year old headliner goes back into place and the fabric doesn't come un-adhered from the headliner itself.

I'm getting this done on Monday for $45 for both.

I called an Interior Customs guy here in Sarasota (Interstate Customs). I spoke to a guy named Guy and he knew exactly what happened to the exterior corner moldings before I even finished my sentence.

He said, we can do it the hard way - removing the rear panels and dropping the headliner.

OR

The way he has been doing it is to snip off the bolts on the new molding and chip out the old molding. Then using a high heat exterior silicone adhesive to place them back on. Tape them up for 24 hours and he guarantees they will not come back off. He's done many of them and has not had any of them come back and no leaks.

So I'll report back Monday or Tuesday on how it goes.

I did pick up a the left and right corner molding at my local FORD dealership for $35/ea.

Hope this helps someone.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:37 PM
brent_14
New User
Originally Posted by RazorV
The way he has been doing it is to snip off the bolts on the new molding and chip out the old molding. Then using a high heat exterior silicone adhesive to place them back on. Tape them up for 24 hours and he guarantees they will not come back off. He's done many of them and has not had any of them come back and no leaks.

So I'll report back Monday or Tuesday on how it goes.

I did pick up a the left and right corner molding at my local FORD dealership for $35/ea.

Hope this helps someone.
New guy here but have the same problem - missing corner molding. How did the repair go with the silicone?

Thanks

Old 07-03-2019, 09:58 PM
rbroadstreet
New User
Unhappy

Originally Posted by SuperDave_1
I know this is an old thread, but mine recently got popped of... both sides! The left side has damage to the paint as if it was pried off. I found the left side in the bed of my truck, who ever popped it off lost it as it was camouflaged with the brushes and twigs in the bed. My truck is a brown color. The idiots who popped it off must of not realized that you cant reuse them once they're broken off...
I found some on ebay for 35 dollars each but they're black, you still have to paint because they're black.
Hello SuperDave. I know this post is aging, but wanted to let you know, you're not the only one...they got to me too. Broke both of them off before realizing they couldn't reuse them. Not sure what they did with passenger side but tossed the broke driver side back into the bed of the truck. They also got my front FORD emblem (broke the grille in the process) and those rear coveted hub caps. I'm driving my prize 2001 F350 dually 4x4. Ordered new in 2000. its a 2001. still love it 7.3 PSD

Old 08-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Paul Townsend
New User
Can the Corner Trim Cause Water Leaks?

I have a leak on the passenger side rear window top side. The dealer said the problem was the center electric sliding window not closing properly. They pulled the rear window and replaced the slider ($1,100 Luckily I have the extended warranty). Still Leaking. I sprayed water all over the back window and didn't see any leakage. Sprayed from the top corner and had leakage. Are the corner trim grommets prone to leaking? Any advice is appreciated.

By the way, its a 2016 F-450.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited by Paul Townsend; 08-06-2019 at 01:40 PM. Reason: More Information
Old 08-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Highdefcowboy
Freshman User
Where have all

Where’s all the pictures gone??

Old 03-06-2020, 06:32 AM
Mark McKelvy
New User
Originally Posted by 1tonner
My '00 F250 has mysteriously lost both upper cab rear corner trim pieces. looks to be two screws apiece were holding them on. Hard to describe so I can find another set. Anyone have thiers diappear also?

Can be seen top corner of this pic(not my truck)
I'm happy buying aftermarket rather than OEM, but the price even for this cheap piece of plastic is ridiculous!! Why pay $30 for 25c worth of plastic. Even when you get it in, its 3-6 hours of work to replace the dang things.

Just go get some black vinyl trim and liquid nails. Problem solved for $1. Clean up the excess with a razor.

Just saying...