Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Divider bar and top of the vent window interference on my 53

Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Divider bar and top of the vent window interference on my 53

As the title says, I have issues with the top of my my divider bar and the top of the vent window. I'm in the middle of assembling my passenger side window(I'm not tackling the driver's side until I figure this one out). I put in the divider bar, vent window and the window channel that extends from the divider bar across the top and down the edge of the door. Unfortunately, I put in the channel prior to ensuring all is right with the vent window. The vent window frame hits the top of the divider bar. I've loosened the top screws to the divider bar and pried it away from the vent as much as possible(thus, hopefully also moving the channel as much as possible(it doesn't want to budge. I did put in the screws in the vent window frame(one on the bottom and one toward the top). It appears the hinge at the top is holding the vent window out too far; it appears that way according to the gap. So, how can I tweak that hinge to make it fit tighter at the top, pull in the whole top frame, and/or scoot the divider over at the top(which I'm reluctant to do as I'm not sure how that would affect the fitment of the roll-up window). Any thoughts or advice? Also, I used the window tape to install the glass; however, the glass moves around. Should I also put in some type of adhesive or sealant? Thanks!

Old 12-11-2010, 07:33 PM
jaye
Posting Guru
jaye is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just completed division bar, runners, glass & felt last week end. I installed my vent window first as you can see there some adjustments to slide the vent window back-forward. Then I slide the division bar up & installed screws. I rolled my window up then made the final adjustments to the division bar & vent window at an atempt to get a tighter seal from the wind. You shound be able to push the vent back at the bottom & push forward at the top to get the division bar to fit I had to do this to the driver's side but not the passenger side. I to started with the passenger side in hopes of a better install on the most used (driver) side. Passenger side went infairly easy however, the drive side took a few hours to get it right.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:47 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Jaye, maybe you're correct. The issue might be that I have the vent pushed forward too far at the bottom thus forcing the top too far backwards. I guess I need to slide the big window in to see how it fits and then go from there? I just didn't want to go any further until the vent window was functional.