Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

My son's a mechanical genius!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Scratcher
Tell me about it. Ive lost count of the amount of Architects I would like to meet who designed a building without considering how those windows directly above the overhanging glass canopy are going to be cleaned. Or how I'm going to maneuver a 90' truck mounted boom with stabilizers on non asphalt surfaces that are constantly wet from either sprinklers or rain. Sudden shifts at 90' in a bucket certainly let you know that your adrenalin glands are working!

Architect concern one, building is aesthetically pleasing to look at.
Concern two, building is also aesthetically pleasing to look at.
Wash windows, that is someone else's problem.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Country_boy_2007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you come up with that answer?? The square root of an apple is four pips divided by one core multiplied by the width of the skin on said apple. The answer is clearly red
but you failed to take into account the cube root of sum of the coefficent of the thickness of the skin times the cotangent of the diameter of the core devided by the product of the mass times 32.2 ft/s/s. so i still beleave the answer is orange

Old 12-14-2010, 10:00 AM
swooshcmk
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hah, so true. At the CNC machine lab here they architects designed to have some windows installed horizontally in the ceiling as a skylight into the high-bay of the machine lab. (makes use of natural light and earns green points). Well of course they're tucked away behind 220v and 440v 3phase electrical raceways mounted 12" off the wall making the skylights and the windows above them completely inaccessible. In a few months they found out that the horizontal windows in the ceiling turned into a dead fly carcass display case and our maintenance guy had to cover the windows up behind false ceiling. It's been about 8 years now and those upper shop windows have never been washed.

Bright idea number 2: Step 1 - Use lights that look cool but are completely unserviceable (sealed unit, can't replace the light bulbs, ballasts etc). Step 2 - charge $400.00 per light fixture.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:10 AM
swooshcmk
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Country_boy_2007
but you failed to take into account the cube root of sum of the coefficent of the thickness of the skin times the cotangent of the diameter of the core devided by the product of the mass times 32.2 ft/s/s. so i still beleave the answer is orange
It appears from this calculation that the item in question is falling. But at what speed are we talking now? Remember that as you approach the speed of light colors change via red/blue shift. So I believe a red object would in fact appear to turn purple.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Country_boy_2007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by swooshcmk
It appears from this calculation that the item in question is falling. But at what speed are we talking now? Remember that as you approach the speed of light colors change via red/blue shift. So I believe a red object would in fact appear to turn purple.

very true, but the angle of inflection is 23.378 degrees on the parallelgram to inversely refract the light when viewed in the absence of white is seen as a yellowish kinda sorta greenish color

Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Chippenwhales
Senior User
your calculations are off slightly. you see the inherent amount of air in the ice cream is equal to the sum of pi devided by the coefficent of of the square root of an apple, so the correct answer is in fact green.
ahaa, but you forgot to add the frictional rotational losses...so we then end up with pineapples instead of the apple. and everyone knows pineapples dont have square roots, more elongated. thus, when you divide by the quasar synchronometer, and multiply the current nexus of sominus by the screaming meemee of snakes, you get philidelphia. so i stand by my original answer--fuschia it is.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Scratcher
More Turbo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chippenwhales
ahaa, but you forgot to add the frictional rotational losses...so we then end up with pineapples instead of the apple. and everyone knows pineapples dont have square roots, more elongated. thus, when you divide by the quasar synchronometer, and multiply the current nexus of sominus by the screaming meemee of snakes, you get philidelphia. so i stand by my original answer--fuschia it is.
It took you over a year of research to come up with that answer and that's all you can come up with?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Chippenwhales
Senior User
It took you over a year of research to come up with that answer and that's all you can come up with?

no, i didnt read that thread for a year---it took me about as long as its taking me to type this to come up with it. i did notice how your answer is better than that, though. good job.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Country_boy_2007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Chippenwhales
ahh you see that your almost correct. you however forgot to factor in the effects of inverse tangential coefficiant of the constant of friction inversly effecting the affective area of the pineapple devided by the sine of the diffrence of the cosecant of the turbo encabulater cross sectional area. devided by a rock raised to the blue power. so if my calculations are correct the answer should be magenta

Old 02-19-2012, 01:38 AM
Chippenwhales
Senior User
ahh you see that your almost correct. you however forgot to factor in the effects of inverse tangential coefficiant of the constant of friction inversly effecting the affective area of the pineapple devided by the sine of the diffrence of the cosecant of the turbo encabulater cross sectional area. devided by a rock raised to the blue power. so if my calculations are correct the answer should be magenta

touche, sir. touche. well played.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:55 AM
Scratcher
More Turbo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry but you forgot to mention whether the inversial test apparatus was running clockwise or counterclockwise. The respective directions give different readings on the area affected. You simply cannot put forth data without providing all of the test criteria that was employed during testing

Old 02-19-2012, 07:18 AM
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok,I just clicked on this thread.What happened?LOL.Give that kid a chance to see the practical application of all that boring work in school and he'll probably do a lot better.I took Auto. Mech. at our local trade school jr. and sr. years.I know some people thought it was a waste but I paid more attention to math when I started figuring eng. displacement and gear ratios and the like.I learned more grammer the last 2 years,maybe because it was starting to sink in and maybe because school was more interesting.I did have some great teachers , mostly my sr. year.They liked the job they were doing and cared about us.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got through school based on a Mechanical curriculum ... Auto's, Heavy Equipment, Gas, Diesel etc ...
That is what they finally found that interested me enough to get me to do my figures and such. All thanks to a gentleman named Tony Burr, A special ed teacher.

My study books were all Automotive books that I still have today, Unfortunately they are useless except for the incredible difference they show between the Automotive world of the sixties and now.

-Enjoy
fh : )_~