holes in rear fenders - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

holes in rear fenders

Old 12-04-2010, 06:13 AM
iwanaflattie
Posting Guru
iwanaflattie has a good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a good reputation on FTE.
holes in rear fenders

hello folks well after taking a break on the wiring and cursing at the dam gas gauge for not worrking i started looking at my fenders and i have noticed about six holes in the rear fenders ..it seems like something was there before like a little chrome panel or i dont know???does anyone have the same thing??

Old 12-04-2010, 07:19 AM
49willard
Postmaster
49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.
If they are at the rear lower edge of the rear fenders it is likely that it was some sort of aftermaket bumper, fairly common in the past.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:20 AM
bobj49f2
Post Fiend
bobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant futurebobj49f2 has a brilliant future
Are the holes low on the rear part of the fenders? If they are they were probably used to bolt a wrap around bumper to the fenders. If not it's any body's guess as to what they were for. Over the years owners of these old truck got pretty inventive making brackets to hold all kinds of parts and mechanisms to help with their daily work. These were work trucks and if a guy had to haul a load of pipe he wouldn't think twice about bolting a pipe rack to the fenders.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.