1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

magic heater direct drop in motor found

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Also Check

MEI Air Source Part # 3931 $43.55 was my local distributors price.

Call your local Big Trucking supply places, like Freightliner, Fleet Pride, Etc.

Does this look and sound like the right one?
Ryder

Old 12-15-2010, 02:15 AM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jmadsen
Just curious where you ordered your motor from?
Thanks

Josh
I made a valiant effort tonight to post some pics and info about the motor I bought, but the battery in my digital camera had other ideas. It's holding my pics hostage. Stayed tuned until tomorrow.........

Old 12-15-2010, 09:02 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage
I made a valiant effort tonight to post some pics and info about the motor I bought, but the battery in my digital camera had other ideas. It's holding my pics hostage. Stayed tuned until tomorrow.........
So, "YOU'LL BE BACK???"

Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 AM
1930 Dodge
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found this post doing a google search, info mentioned that a replacement motor had been found by blueovalrange but then no follow info about a part # or where it can be purchased. Does anyone have this info or did the motor actually never work out?

The original poster has not posted since 2011 and the part # he gives does no good in a google search.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:03 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 1930 Dodge
I found this post doing a google search, info mentioned that a replacement motor had been found by blueovalrange but then no follow info about a part # or where it can be purchased. Does anyone have this info or did the motor actually never work out?

The original poster has not posted since 2011 and the part # he gives does no good in a google search.

based on the info originally posted I thought that I found some local suppliers ( three posts back). but we never got a confirmation if the ones i linked to look right?

I have not purchased one yet so I dont know either, guess I should pull the motor out of my heater and take it down and see if thiers looks the same.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:32 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
I bought a 6V motor from LMC for my '49 and found a blower wheel with the right dimensions at A Parts Warehouse. Those with more knowledge and time likely could find both at A Parts or other sources. A favorite BIL is fabbing up a new housing to match up with the original fender air duct. I'll share pics when all the parts are together.

DW

Blower Wheels - School Bus Parts - A Parts Warehouse

Old 01-05-2013, 02:20 PM
1930 Dodge
Elder User
based on the info originally posted I thought that I found some local suppliers ( three posts back). but we never got a confirmation if the ones i linked to look right?

I have not purchased one yet so I dont know either, guess I should pull the motor out of my heater and take it down and see if thiers looks the same.
Yes, as far as i have read there has never been any confirmation on any of the motors other than one that is avail in Can. Pictures and more info were requested on that one but nothing ever came out of it either from the original poster.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:06 AM
1930 Dodge
Elder User

Hello jmadsen, I was able to P.M Blueoval range and concerning the heater blower motor and this is what he said......I believe that this is the one I bought:

Single Shaft Blower Motor - School Bus Parts - A Parts Warehouse

I had to reverse the studs. It looks like they also sell the exact same motor with reversed studs now. It's this one:

Good luck!

I noticed by some verbage that was used on some posts that maybe some of this stuff had not surfaced yet when they were working on their blowers. I questioned him on why he did not go ahead and purchase the
Single Shaft Blower Motor (GR-055)

1/4" Shaft, CCW, 2 speed, 2 wire (D001-582)

motor instead since it runs CCW which is the original direction of these motors, I have not given him time to respond but noted I assumed it was because again at the time it was just un-avail as far as he knew.

Anyway I have order this, I called, they gave me dimensions and it matches what my 6 volt motor was except for a bit of a longer shaft ( easily cut off ) when I get it and fit it I will let you know how I make out.

Two questions, any idea on switches? I do not know what they mean by two wire, I asked them what switch they would recommend but they did not know as they only distribute the motors.

Second question and I have asked it to several people with no response, what happened to Jules cool 51. I have enjoyed reading the posts but no more posts.

Is she active on a different site, curious, she was a wealth of knowledge. Thanks

Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Hey, thanks for the follow up on the heater motors. keep us posted on how it works out. your going with a 12 volt setup?? my 52 F6 will be 12 volts. I'll be ordering one of those motors as well soon enough.

So just to clarify for myself you ordered the part # (GR 055) CCW one?? it does not say if it's 6 volt or 12Volt?

Oh and concerning Julie aka Dan

here is his other profile page before he died and became Julie. (yes very tragic) it was pretty obvious though for those of us who had seen Dan's truck and progress posts, then all of a sudden Julie (his Daughter) was the one who had done all the work.

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: Sandidande

and here is the thread where it all happened,
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...vate-mail.html

Originally Posted by 1930 Dodge
Hello jmadsen, I was able to P.M Blueoval range and concerning the heater blower motor and this is what he said......I believe that this is the one I bought:

I had to reverse the studs. It looks like they also sell the exact same motor with reversed studs now. It's this one:

Good luck!

I noticed by some verbage that was used on some posts that maybe some of this stuff had not surfaced yet when they were working on their blowers. I questioned him on why he did not go ahead and purchase the
Single Shaft Blower Motor (GR-055)

1/4" Shaft, CCW, 2 speed, 2 wire (D001-582)

motor instead since it runs CCW which is the original direction of these motors, I have not given him time to respond but noted I assumed it was because again at the time it was just un-avail as far as he knew.

Anyway I have order this, I called, they gave me dimensions and it matches what my 6 volt motor was except for a bit of a longer shaft ( easily cut off ) when I get it and fit it I will let you know how I make out.

Two questions, any idea on switches? I do not know what they mean by two wire, I asked them what switch they would recommend but they did not know as they only distribute the motors.

Second question and I have asked it to several people with no response, what happened to Jules cool 51. I have enjoyed reading the posts but no more posts.

Is she active on a different site, curious, she was a wealth of knowledge. Thanks