1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me pictures of those SUPER DUTY'S working.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 07:14 AM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
Man Ppl are hauling Houses now? What next? lol Hey Folk's!

Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,139 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Have you ever seen that show on TV called '' Big Moves'' mostly complete houses ......

Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jon looks awesome sweet skidsteer those things are awesome yet complicated to operate. Looks like you had tons of fun though.
Trav

Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 AM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
Yes I have Gerry. Imagine setting up the Hydraulics to lift them houses in a way you don't tear them apart.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
I like to watch them lift the house for the first time, that's amazing ........ good show

Old 04-23-2013, 12:05 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyChops
the reason i love 8' beds! No matter where i go buy mulch and how many times i tell the idiot on the tractor to be careful AND i put a blue tarp up against the window they dumb it all in between the bed and cab and all over the back of the tailgate so i end up scoping up shovel fulls of mulch i just paid for off the ground. You would think a person who drives a tractor EVER day can dump the bucket correctly, no? I run a backhoe for work on occasion and I'm not good enough to load it on a train like the videos on you tube but i can operate the dam thing

Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002
Jon looks awesome sweet skidsteer those things are awesome yet complicated to operate. Looks like you had tons of fun though.
Trav
Yeah the skidsteer is pretty cool. It can do a lot of different things. It is actually the biggest model they made/make I think. Yeah I've heard that they can be somewhat difficult to operate. I've never ran one but obviously my Dad has and does pretty well, like he does on every other machine. He's the best operator I've seen, its just amazing some of the stuff he can do with a machine. And yeah I guess it was pretty fun. It definitely was interesting and was pretty cool to get it all done, in the way that we did everything, since I thought we would run into more difficulties along the way, but everything went pretty smoothly thankfully.

I should be getting the rest of the pictures up soon...

Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
we have a bobcat at work, pretty fun to operate and very useful for almost any job. i love using it

Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
track machines are more fun, and do less damage Miles. the only downside is top speed on the track machines is only around 5-6 mph compared to 10-12 for the tire machines.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:27 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
So yeah, here's the pictures I promised. Over the weekend me and my Dad moved the barn/shed that we built out to our permanent spot at a campground, which is what we built it for. It is 10x12ft and about 9ft tall, which is the maximum size that the campground allows. We moved it on my Dad's heavy duty trailer from work, it is originally meant for the big heavy duty dump trucks. Anyways, we put it on the trailer by lifting it up with a New Holland 675E backhoe. We used its forks and 8ft fork extensions. It lifted it pretty well, but we put a ratchet strap around the barn connected to the backhoe bucket just to be safe and keep it from wobbling around too much. We put it on a 6x6 board in the front and a 4x4 board in the back since the trailer was leaning forward a little bit. Once we got it on there we had to tie it down. My dad wanted to use straps, but the hook on the end of the straps wouldn't fit through the gaps between the runners (4x4s) and the frame of the floors, so we had to use chains. We used one in the front of the barn and one in the back. The chains weren't that bad, but the straps probably would have been better. Once we got the barn on there and chained down, we had to put the skidsteer on there as well. My Dad backed it on, the back of it actually fit right into the barn, a little tight on one side but it fit. I guess it was a good thing my Dad took the doors of huh. So yeah we got it all on there fine, on Saturday and then took it out there on Sunday. It made it out there well and then we pulled it off with the skidsteer. We had tried to lift it before with the skidsteer, it handled the weight easy but it couldn't handle the all the weight so far out on the fork extensions, the forks would open as you lifted the barn up so it wouldn't really go up any on the far side. But we did get it all lined up pretty well where my Dad wanted it so everything went pretty well, fortunately. Me and my brother helped my Dad load it on Saturday and me and my Dads buddy helped him on Sunday. So anyways here's the pics, finally. Sorry about the long explanation, I figured I would just give you guys a little background info. I'll try to keep the pics a little more truck related, and then when/if I start a whole thread on the whole thing I'll put in a few more, unless you guys want to see more...

So here's how we picked it up.

Here's just the barn.

And then barn and skidsteer.

Front shot. Its a pretty tall combo at just under 13ft, I'm pretty sure is the legal limit. And yes that's my finger at the top. I had to block the sun, otherwise it would have been blurry, and Ididn't feel like cropping it out, oh well.

It overhangs the trailer by about a foot or two, which is a little bit wider than the mirrors.

And then here it is at the campgrounds. It made it, wooo. Not that I thought it wouldn't, but something easily could have gone wrong.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Well done Jon, thx for sharing the pics, great looking shed too.......

Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 PM
BigBlockF350
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
No matter where i go buy mulch and how many times i tell the idiot on the tractor to be careful AND i put a blue tarp up against the window they dumb it all in between the bed and cab and all over the back of the tailgate so i end up scoping up shovel fulls of mulch I just paid for off the ground.
My landfill chips brush and wood that people bring in as trash. You can go and load up on FREE mulch! It's actually really nice mulch. Some landscaping guys get mulch there. Loaded to the top of the bed on my F-350 last weekend!

Will probably be going back for more soon!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:04 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
Thanks Gerry. I think my Dad did a great job on the shed, I helped him along the way, but he did most of the work. Yeah like I said it all went pretty well. Both me and my Dad were pretty worried/nervous about the whole thing. I was pretty worried about lifting it up onto the trailer but it worked perfectly. I could just picture it sliding right off the forks and smashing into the ground, but thankfully that didn't happen. I was also worried about taking it off the trailer, but that went well too.

And oh yeah I forgot to say that it all weight close to 20,000lbs, and that my Dad also had the skidsteer bucket and the fork extensions in the bed of the truck. The truck towed it pretty well, the only hard part was stopping sometimes because the trailer has air brakes for the big dump trucks and not electric so they don't hook up to my Dad's truck. So essentially it was like the trailer didn't have brakes, but it wasn't too bad because of Tow/haul mode and slowing down early, but the brakes on the truck did heat up pretty fast sometimes, though.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:07 PM
BigBlockF350
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RedDevil460
The truck towed it pretty well, the only hard part was stopping sometimes because the trailer has air brakes for the big dump trucks and not electric so they don't hook up to my Dad's truck. So essentially it was like the trailer didn't have brakes, but it wasn't too bad because of Tow/haul mode and slowing down early, but the brakes on the truck did heat up pretty fast sometimes, though.
Be careful with that trailer... That could be dangerous. Don't let the cops catch you, lol

Old 04-23-2013, 09:19 PM
RedDevil460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BigBlockF350
Be careful with that trailer... That could be dangerous. Don't let the cops catch you, lol
Oh yeah, that's for sure. My Dad was VERY careful with it. That's why my Dad won't tow any more weight with it than what we had on there. At least if it was longer than a 5 or 10 minute trip. He had a chance to pull the backhoe that we used to load the up shed, which would be 25,000lbs+, since he needed to take it back to work on Sunday. But just wouldn't be safe with that trailer, so he didn't.

Quick Reply: Show me pictures of those SUPER DUTY'S working.