General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

what kind of people are Prius owners?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:00 PM
thndrroad70
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nitramjr
Seriously? You think American pride has anything to do with what brand name car someone drives? Most of the folks on here ARE Ford owners but have only said that as Americans, we have the right to chose what we drive.

And now you are questioning the manhood of these same folks and saying they are like five year olds? Kind of the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it? Of all the posts in this thread, yours are the only childish and immature sounding.

There are quite a few of my fellow military members who are currently overseas fighting the bad guys who drive foreign branded vehicles. If you don't believe me, when I go back to the base next week I'd be more than happy to take a picture of the long-term parking lot so you can see what kind of vehicles our fighting folks are driving. Perhaps when they get back you'd like to welcome them off the C-5 and question their Patriotism and manhood as well......
You sir are definately speaking a bit out of line right about Now !!! dont ever question my respect for our Military Members and Dragging the brave Men and Women currently risking their lives fightning for our freedom into this petty Argument is NOT a very good idea so Please dont even think of going there!!! as now you ARE UPSETTING ME!!!

Old 11-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Nitramjr
Postmaster

Originally Posted by thndrroad70
You sir are definately speaking a bit out of line right about Now !!! dont ever question my respect for our Military Members and Dragging the brave Men and Women currently risking their lives fightning for our freedom into this petty Argument is NOT a very good idea so Please dont even think of going there!!! as now you ARE UPSETTING ME!!!
You are right....I wouldn't want to upset you. So sorry.

And don't call me sir. You may address me as Master Sergeant.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:07 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
You are right....I wouldn't want to upset you. So sorry.

And don't call me sir. You may address me as Master Sergeant.
Good show Ray! I tried to rep ya but got the message.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:19 AM
thndrroad70
Senior User
I have nothing for that one ..... I never thought I would see the day that Members of our own Military would act in such a sarcastic, disrespectfull manner towards someone whome supports them and the products we once built in this Country .... I guess we got that "CHANGE" we were looking for in this great nation after all....... go back and read through all my posts and you will see nothing wrong with any of them aside from the sarcastic remark about your "Clique" here on Ford truck.... Enjoy your victory Ntjmr I wish you the best but I dont have any respect for you personally or the rest of the "Clique" you hang with on here ... yes you have defeated your own in one of the silliest arguments I have ever had...... Good Day fellers, I am unsubscribing.....

Old 11-26-2010, 08:51 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
I would like to point out taht I too work in the auto industry. I haul auto parts. On my truck I have parts for GM, Honda, Nissan, Volvo trucks, Catipiler, John Deere, Dodge/Chrysler, Harley Davidson, Ford AND Toyota.

Please note 3 of those companies are "Japanese" companies that are employing tens of thousands of AMERICAN citizens.

If Toyota or any of them go out of business it will cause a slow down that will cost ME dollars.
You make an interesting point, but I still feel differently I guess.

I, too, am affected by Harley Davidson, Caterpillar, and John Deere. Some GM and Chrysler, but not terribly much.

You are correct that several Japanese companies are now employing lots of Americans, but does that really change the profit model of any given corporation?

On whatever level you'd like to disagree with me on, the profit of American owned companies comes back to America...the profit made by Japanese companies goes to Japan... (as it should...I'm not THAT dumb...)

So, I'll keep digging in my heels and buying American whenever I can...

Old 11-26-2010, 08:57 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,065 Likes on 4,165 Posts
Looks like a bunch of folks here are getting their panties bunched up!!! The OP was meant to be funny...which it was.

In the words of the immortal Rodney King..."Can't we all just get along"???

Old 11-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Nitramjr
Postmaster

Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Looks like a bunch of folks here are getting their panties bunched up!!! The OP was meant to be funny...which it was.
And it is still funny, Ken. There is only one poster on here who is dragging it down because he doesn't seem to understand that ALL of us on here are Ford owners, Ford enthusiasts, Ford lovers even. I've got three Fords in my garage and driveway as we speak and am looking at another one today (it's used Ken or I'd be out there talking to you). I'd (hopefully) never have to buy a Toyota or other imported brand, regardless of where they are made. But that is only because I have had great experiences with FoMoCo products. If that were to ever change and I got a lemon and got d*cked around by Ford, I'd lose loyalty quickly.

And by the way, there is nothing wrong with buying a used foreign vehicle (in my opinion) since that money stays in our economy.

But, I will never back down from my position that as Americans, we have the right to purchase any type of vehicle we chose to buy.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:16 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot

And by the way, there is nothing wrong with buying a used foreign vehicle (in my opinion) since that money stays in our economy.
OK, you're technically correct, but I'd just be embarrassed to death.

But, I will never back down from my position that as Americans, we have the right to purchase any type of vehicle we chose to buy.
You're certainly correct.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:17 AM
BIGKEN
I don't disagree with you at all Ray...my father and uncles fought in WWII to give me that right. I choose to drive a Ford!!!
Many of my customers choose to drive imports...I don't think less of them as a result of their chioces. Some of them choose GM products...I do think less of them for their chioces.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:18 AM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tcbofade
On whatever level you'd like to disagree with me on, the profit of American owned companies comes back to America...the profit made by Japanese companies goes to Japan... (as it should...I'm not THAT dumb...)

So, I'll keep digging in my heels and buying American whenever I can...
Amen to that. It's getting harder and harder to buy American. The town I live in was once in the top three for manufacturing in the country. When Americans got Wal-Martitis (I want it cheap Mommy!!!) our town dried up as our jobs got shipped overseas. We've been left with hundreds of empty warehouses that have fallen into horrible disrepair. Good jobs have been replaced by low paying retail jobs (Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, etc). As the big boxes moved in, local businesses closed because they couldn't compete. Now we have empty store fronts to go along with the empty warehouses. We recently had the honor of being in the top three in the USA for unemployment. I would much rather our town be known for what we once were, a great manufacturing city. Don't think your choices to buy American vs. the other guys doesn't matter. It does.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:22 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Many of my customers choose to drive imports...I don't think less of them as a result of their chioces. Some of them choose GM products...I do think less of them for their chioces.
Really?

I'd say that you're exactly backwards.

(Or I am...)

While I'm (obviously) a Ford guy, Dodge and Chevy people don't bother me.

Import people do....

Old 11-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by thndrroad70
I have nothing for that one ..... I never thought I would see the day that Members of our own Military would act in such a sarcastic, disrespectfull manner towards someone whome supports them and the products we once built in this Country .... I guess we got that "CHANGE" we were looking for in this great nation after all....... go back and read through all my posts and you will see nothing wrong with any of them aside from the sarcastic remark about your "Clique" here on Ford truck.... Enjoy your victory Ntjmr I wish you the best but I dont have any respect for you personally or the rest of the "Clique" you hang with on here ... yes you have defeated your own in one of the silliest arguments I have ever had...... Good Day fellers, I am unsubscribing.....
I actually commend your patriotic attitude, its refreshing to see that some still feel this way. But, its your "all or nothing" attitude that has put some folks off. Most of us here are Vets (4yrs USAF with son active duty USAF) or active duty, most (like me) would not be caught dead in a import, but to say anyone is not a patriotic American for buying a foreign vehicle is wrong, it's a choice we can make as Americans, to limit choices, is to start sounding like one of those political ideologies we fought to destroy. My grandfather spent late 43 to early 45 having the German army, fire machine guns, tanks and artillery at him from one end of Italy to the other, even attacked by the German air force, yet he always owned a VW product to augment his Fords (he would have killed for a Kubelwagen aka VW "Thing").......it was his CHOICE, and not one I would have told him he was less patriotic for!.......I for one sincerely wish more folks were as patriotic as you, but you need to temper that patriotism with a broader view as to what it means to be a American.......... Now I need to go to the mailbox in my Ranger, (German designed engine, built by Mexicans, Japanese transmission, Canadian sheetmetal, assembled by AMERICANS!)

Old 11-26-2010, 11:13 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Another great post.

Rep sent!

Old 11-26-2010, 11:40 AM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by tcbofade
Really?

I'd say that you're exactly backwards.

(Or I am...)

While I'm (obviously) a Ford guy, Dodge and Chevy people don't bother me.

Import people do....

You're not the first person to think I'm backwards!!! My thinking less of the folks who buy from Government Motors is due to the screwing GM gave to their employees...retirees...and...the citizens of the good ole U S of A!!! Just my opinion.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:39 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
I gotta say fellas that thndrroad70 has really insulted me. I don't appreciate the stereotype comments that have been made.

I don't know what clique this man is speaking of, I kind of think of us as a family of sorts.

I never new that the vehicle made the man. I guess I've been taken to school on that one.

My great uncle fought for General George Patton in WWII. After the war, he and my great aunt only drove VW's and he had an old Ford truck for work. When Toyota began importing their trucks, he bought them instead. I never knew a more patriotic American in my life and yet he saw fit to purchase vehicles from countries that we defeated in wartime. People that meant to do him harm and end his life built the cars that he bought. Is that really a big deal?

Somehow he managed to leave the past in the past and get on with his life. If anyone has earned the right to make choices then he certainly did.

Quick Reply: what kind of people are Prius owners?