460 FI Carb Manufold - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

460 FI Carb Manufold

Old 11-15-2010, 04:38 PM
oleman
Senior User
oleman is starting off with a positive reputation.
460 FI Carb Manufold

Has anyone seen an intake manufold that will fit the 87-96 FI engine. Not a plate that adapts the air intake to a carb but a real intake manufold for a carb.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:27 AM
bigfordandjeep
Senior User
bigfordandjeep is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think you need to swap heads to convert to a carb setup.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Diesel_Brad
Post Fiend
Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bigfordandjeep View Post
I think you need to swap heads to convert to a carb setup.
What he said^^^ no one makes a manifold to convert to carb

Old 11-16-2010, 11:41 AM
mdula
Elder User
mdula is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is a guy making an adapter plate for the EFI heads to bolt on a full carb Intake, like an RPM air gap or what not...It was posted somewhere on here a while back. This will allow you to use an older style carb intake with the efi heads...not that they flow all that well, but I'll see if I can find a link.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:43 AM
mdula
Elder User
mdula is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:51 AM
bigfordandjeep
Senior User
bigfordandjeep is starting off with a positive reputation.
you would be happier swapping out the heads and swapping in a 429 timing chain as well.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:02 AM
jokerforever
Elder User
jokerforever is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jokerforever is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yeah, if you're set on using EFI heads with a carb then you have to use either the Price Motorsports carb adapter on an EFI intake or spacers to fit a carb intake.

There have been rumors floating around for a few years about a factory carb intake that was used with EFI heads. Supposable it was use in mid 87 on larger commercial applications (light duty dump trucks and over the road tractors, large irrigation pumps, etc). I've came across a couple of people on the web to claim they seen them/have them/could get them, and have even seen a post with a Ford part number, but I have never been able to confirm that they ever existed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.