Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

installation help on anti-rattle install kits

Old 11-26-2010, 06:23 AM
59flatbedford
Posting Guru
59flatbedford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is this a problem with the kits for the later trucks like 59-60 and 61-66 too or is it just earlier designs??

Old 01-03-2011, 09:57 AM
joezzz
Senior User
joezzz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well after much research, I found a clip by Vintique, Inc. They sell the clip thru CW Moss (they have a website). I ordered them, and they work!!!
The part number is 48-703536-B

Good luck

Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 AM
joezzz
Senior User
I have finally found clips that work, they can be ordered from CW Moss (they have a website) the clips are from a company called Vintique, and the part no. is 48-703536-B

Old 01-03-2011, 11:48 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
On the part that presses into the hole in the body, are there 3 or 4 segments? I saw Moss's website, not real friendly. How much are the clips?

Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 PM
joezzz
Senior User
Correct their website sucks, but if the product works, that is what matters.

The clip from Moss has 3 fingers (segments). I have learned that an "orignial" clip had 4.

The big difference, and this is hard to discribe but I will do my best is
the individual "fingers" are larger, that is more surface area to grip the hole in the door.

The long and short, they work and cost $11.00 for a bag of 20.

Good luck

Old 01-03-2011, 01:42 PM
tinman52
Welder User
tinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputationtinman52 has a superb reputation
Vintique does not sell directly to the public.Their parts also suck, IMO. I bought the window channel kit (from Macs).....none of it fit right, and was poor quality. Ended up buying channel from my local glass guy. I used the rattle strips, but tossed the clips and reused the original Ford ones.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:48 PM
48fordcoe
Elder User
48fordcoe has a good reputation on FTE.48fordcoe has a good reputation on FTE.
putting in the anti-rattle is the worst job about putting the truck back togetter...

Old 01-03-2011, 06:38 PM
mytbtruck
Elder User
mytbtruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought a set of anti-rattlers from Carpenters and ended up trashing them . They were poor quality and clips just folded up and would not stay. I then ordered a complete set from Vintique and they worked very nice. Still a lot of sweat putting them in.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:09 PM
hyprmtr
Freshman User
hyprmtr is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just ordered a antirattle kit from hotrods truck parts. Anyone used those kits? I ordered the kit last week. I hope I didnt make a mistake!!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:14 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Honestly, I think Carpenter makes them all. The clips are probably all from the same outfit in Souzhou. Rusty old OEM clips work better.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:17 PM
hyprmtr
Freshman User
hyprmtr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post
Honestly, I think Carpenter makes them all. The clips are probably all from the same outfit in Souzhou. Rusty old OEM clips work better.

Did you mean to say south houston? LOL!!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 10:13 PM
52 Merc
Post Fiend
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by hyprmtr View Post
Did you mean to say south houston? LOL!!!!
I'm guessing he meant far, far east Houston. LOL!

Old 01-03-2011, 11:10 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
Souzhou is the Garden City of south China, famous for beautiful girls and flimsy sheet metal.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:01 AM
iwanaflattie
Posting Guru
iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.iwanaflattie has a very good reputation on FTE.
Anti rattle kit install

I am going to put a couple of videos of my antirattle clip install check later for the second part.
sorry for the crappy description.
YouTube - My way to "install" my vintique clips on the anti-rattle kit

Old 03-23-2011, 02:21 PM
rhopper
Posting Guru
rhopper has a good reputation on FTE.rhopper has a good reputation on FTE.
I bought my kit from classic haulers, which is the F1 side of mid fifty. Vintiques make the fuzzy parts, and the clips are chineese, but a different manufacturer than Dennis Carpenter according to the owner. They are a spring steel so they don't just bend, but they're still not great. Classics owner suggested using weather strip cement. I used both. I used a screwdriver to set the clips, then glued the fuzzys to the door, then crimped the clips. The fuzzy parts seem to be of good quality, with no seperation issuses.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: installation help on anti-rattle install kits

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.