1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Getting ready for the rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 AM
danray63
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting ready for the rebuild

Been a member for alittle while, but I dont think Ive posted before. I've had my "63" for a couple years now sitting in my garage. I started to lose interest in restoring it, and tried to sell the truck, but I couldnt sell it, so I decided to keep it, and just ordered new floor pans, cab supports, and rockers. I already have cab corners, step and kick plates, and a new tailgate. My neighbor is real good at installing the sheetmetal, so I'm gonna have him weld in the metal, and I'll finish the body work. VIN#F10JE332785 Gonna take off the cab so I can POR 15 the frame. Probably gonna keep the 223 for now. I'm glad the truck did'nt sell. I dont know how to post pictures or I would.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Will you be top coating the POR?

Glad to see you kept the project and ask away for any questions no matter how small or dumb they seem.

Garbz

Old 11-09-2010, 05:55 PM
hollygreenman
Mountain Pass
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by garbz2

"Glad to see you kept the project and ask away for any questions no matter how small or dumb they seem."

Garbz
Thanks. Sometimes people, myself included, are afraid to ask questions for fear of the question being labeled stupid. As for me, I learn something new all the time when people ask questions and I love the pictures.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:15 AM
danray63
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what ya meant about top coating the POR, but I know I will do what is the best. How can I take a photo off my kodak easyshare and put it on here?http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/...ker/albums.jsp

I just figured it out