Sponsored by: DP Tuner

banks exhaust brake install,,,,anyone done this? info appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 12:52 AM
rockwind1
Mountain Pass
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
banks exhaust brake install,,,,anyone done this? info appreciated

i posted this on another forum as well, hoping to find a couple folks who did this themselves, just to get a headstart on any problems, tricks, "don't do this" type stuff.

by the way, will probably never buy from banks again. horrible customer service. called them once, got treated like *****. lesson learned.

putting it on my 2001 f350 cc lb. pulling a good sized trailer this year.

please, no one needs to brag about how they made their own exhaust brake with some bubble gum and a paperclip using the EBPV. I PAID TOO MUCH. i admit it.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Welcome to FTE!

Did you buy the Banks Brake kit or just the brake? Did you get the one that uses there down-pipe or the stock one? Brand new or used? No chance of returns? I am guessing that was the customer service issue.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 AM
rockwind1
Mountain Pass
IT WAS a kit that came with a 4" down tube, since i already have a 4" exhaust. since i have an automatic tran, i also had to order the smartlock device. i ordered it from a reputable banks authorized dealer. i really doubt if it could be returned. have you heard that that is possible? it is still in the box. they probably have the usual sleazy 30% "restocking" fee, which would be about $600 for setting it on a shelf. it's not that i don't want it, just want it to go on right.

i think that after spending about 1700 bucks, a guy could talk to banks technical support. WRONG. when i received the smartlock, which was shipped directly from banks(the seller told me), the plastic bag with the part number was ripped open,,and the smartlock "module" had an unfamiliar part number. coldn't get hold of the seller so i called banks just to confirm the part number was right on the module. they were so unfriendly and unhelpful i was shocked. finallygot hold of seller and he tried to call banks but they didn't help him either. so now i have to "assume" that it is the right part cause the seller wasn't sure either. whatever, i'm going to put the whole system on, but the instructions are pretty lame which is why i was looking for some helpful tips on there. figure someone has done it. this is getting long,,,,riffraff, have YOU done one of these? mind helping out? thanks

btw, just bought your intake sleeve reinforcments

Old 11-08-2010, 07:17 AM
cj45lc
Cargo Master
Received 89 Likes on 69 Posts
hey rock when I was dealing with Banks years ago I got real good customer support from a guy named Steve Jones, just a suggestion. The piece is probably a good piece ( overpriced ?? ) I don't know if the guy is still there but he was good when I called. Good luck

Old 11-08-2010, 08:24 AM
rockwind1
Mountain Pass
well, would be great to talk to him. when i called banks, the first question they asked was "did you buy it directly from us?" when i say i bought it from one of their distributors, the operator says i have to call him for any tech questions,,,won't even let me through to anyone technical. you don't have his direct number around do you?

Old 11-08-2010, 08:31 AM
cj45lc
Cargo Master
Received 89 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by rockwind1
well, would be great to talk to him. when i called banks, the first question they asked was "did you buy it directly from us?" when i say i bought it from one of their distributors, the operator says i have to call him for any tech questions,,,won't even let me through to anyone technical. you don't have his direct number around do you?
No Sir I don't have his ext. # with me at work but may have it at home, will let you know this eve. But I've called & just asked to speak with him.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
I haven't installed a Banks but have installed others. I would bring up the question of returning it and if you can't get your questions answered that you need call me and I will see what I can do.