6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Titan Tank Installation - VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Big-Sarge
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Epic awesome video..I loved the intro/drive to get the tank! Thank you!

Old 11-06-2010, 10:34 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,445 Likes on 891 Posts
Enjoyed the video... Funny scene at the gas station.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:17 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutcutter
Could you post a side shot pic of the truck when you get the chance to get an idea on how low it hangs down... Your gonna enjoy that new tank for sure seeing that we got rooked on the small tank in the 1st place huh?
Hey Cutter - FlyingSushi over at TDS posted some pics of a tank install he did this morning. There's a great profile shot of how far down the tank hangs.

Titan Tank Installation - VIDEO - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Old 11-06-2010, 11:20 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rickatic
I gave you your just kudo's over at rvnet...Great job...I have not had a chance to work on the skid plate design. I am stuck in Indy for the next ten days...work just gets in the way...
Thanks Rick. I rarely get over there but I figured this would be something the towing crowd would be interested in. Sorry I didn't help you out with the Dodge guys. I did just read a couple of threads and can say you did a great job providing accurate information. Ford owes you.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:01 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Y eh, I am up to 12 guys who bought 2011 Ford diesels after personal conversations with me.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Great Danes
More Turbo
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts
Nice Video Epic!! Now I have to convince my banker (wife ) that this is a worthwhile expense for next year's towing season...

Old 11-07-2010, 10:50 AM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man that was a well done video, I bet you spent more time dinking with the video and camera than putting the thank in. I actually think titan should give you a free tank in exchange for the video.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:37 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
It pretty much doubled the on-truck install time. Had to charge the camera battery in the middle. Even so, I would have loved watching the close-up of the electrical and fuel disconnects before I did the install. I had to push a mirror up there to see how the things work. Also I chose to upgrade to Adobe editing software which created a delay due to the learning curve. It's a whole lot better than Movie Maker so I'm glad I took the time. You know, I do have a life outside the truck. The video editing is useful for family stuff as well.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I sure wish there was an update for the computer to read the Titans like the stock tanks. Is anyone working on this?

Old 11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Paul Bruckner was going to look into this for us. Wondering if PowerStrokeHD has any connections he can check as well?

Old 11-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,380 Likes on 2,079 Posts
Great video and information as always. One item, instead of slicing your hand open when cutting a hose, purchase a Craftsman Accu-Cut from Sears.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:03 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Nice, thanks. I can see you flinching when you watched me cut the hose with the blade. Next hose cut will be with one of those.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:03 AM
11350KINGRANCH
Senior User
Nice video Epic!!!! I want a new tank sooo bad. Just have to part with the $$$$.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

More for the money...

I am in that group of wantahaves' but anticipate it will be a hard sale with the better half after I write a check for the truck.

Based on everything I have read and seen (thanks Epic), it is a mod I would like to do but wonder if the product will be refined a bit over time. For the cost of the mod, it sounds like they could have done more. Maybe they are limited by the lack of Ford's assistance (ex. reprogramming the fuel monitor) or purely maximizing their bottom line (politically correct statement) -- something that even Ford or anyone that manufactures something does...

It sounds to me, and please correct me if I am wrong, that the mod needs some tweaking for some of us tightwads to see the value. In particular, the foaming issue, the lack of internal baffles, the setup with the skid plates and the already mentioned fuel monitor.

Don't get me wrong, I think this should be a factory available option and if this is the only solution available, most likely the one I opt for...

Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Marauder92V
I am in that group of wantahaves' but anticipate it will be a hard sale with the better half after I write a check for the truck.

Based on everything I have read and seen (thanks Epic), it is a mod I would like to do but wonder if the product will be refined a bit over time. For the cost of the mod, it sounds like they could have done more. Maybe they are limited by the lack of Ford's assistance (ex. reprogramming the fuel monitor) or purely maximizing their bottom line (politically correct statement) -- something that even Ford or anyone that manufactures something does...

It sounds to me, and please correct me if I am wrong, that the mod needs some tweaking for some of us tightwads to see the value. In particular, the foaming issue, the lack of internal baffles, the setup with the skid plates and the already mentioned fuel monitor.

Don't get me wrong, I think this should be a factory available option and if this is the only solution available, most likely the one I opt for...
I think you hit the nail right on the head. All of these issues will be addressed or negated in one way or another as time goes by. I can tell you though what a huge relief it will be to be able to pick my fueling points from now on. That was a major value point for me. Last trip I was sweating bullets as I pulled off the freeway thinking I was running on fumes and paid 40 cents per gallon more for crappy fuel after waiting 10 minutes for the one and only pump. Only to find out there was much better/cheaper fuel just a few more miles down the road. It's about what one values the most. Personally, I don't relish standing at a fuel pump and it's pretty satisfying now knowing I've cut that particular chore in half. Is that worth a thousand bucks? Insert your answer HERE __________________

Quick Reply: Titan Tank Installation - VIDEO