Sponsored by:

Need more lift on my F350........

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 PM
F3fitty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need more lift on my F350........

I need some ideas to get the front end of my truck lifted about an inch or two more (cheap). I have a 93 F350 with a dana 60. It already has 6 inch lift springs right now. I just need to level it out. I have seen the shackle reverse kit out there but they are kinda expensive and most of them lift the front about 3 inches. I think that would be too much. Has anybody ever lengthened the front shackles? They are shaped weird so it looks like it might be kinda hard to build some longer ones. I really would like to stay away from putting a block in the front. I dont wheel this truck often, but when I do, I thrash it pretty good. Any ideas are appreciated.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:48 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem with lengthening the shackles is you're only moving one end of the spring, and this starts to cause problems with castor, angles on the drag link, pinion angle, etc.

The shackle reversal is the best way to go on that year truck. Maybe you can trade someone with 2" springs your 6 " springs and then get a 5.5" shackle reversal kit. The ride difference is supposed to be very noticable. That or just go with the 3" shackle reversal kit and add another inch to the back to even it out when you're done (or lose your factory blocks if you're running them and go shackle flip out back).

Other than that, zero rates maybe.

Could go cheap and do an add-a-leaf, or get your springs re arched.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:29 PM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
you put a block in the front and i'll fly down to floridah and punch you in the face with my foot, it'd be the second, and less fun reason i've had today to got there

here's some reverse thinking: take an inch out of the rear to even chit out. i know that's not what you want to hear, but it s what makes sense. if i remember right you are clearing your tires just fine, so this would be all for looks. plus going past 6'' in front is starting to get into little issues that turn into big issues depending on how you wheel.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:44 AM
F3fitty
Senior User
Originally Posted by fatdan460
you put a block in the front and i'll fly down to floridah and punch you in the face with my foot, it'd be the second, and less fun reason i've had today to got there

here's some reverse thinking: take an inch out of the rear to even chit out. i know that's not what you want to hear, but it s what makes sense. if i remember right you are clearing your tires just fine, so this would be all for looks. plus going past 6'' in front is starting to get into little issues that turn into big issues depending on how you wheel.
Ha. You might just be biting off more than you can chew. Lol
I wouldn't put a block in the front anyway, so save your airfare.

And... I would lower the back but I got a deal on some 39s that are probably going on next week and I don't want them stuffed up under the wheel wells. I may just have to get the reverse shackle deal and trade springs with somebody. Thanks for the ideas though guys. I may just leave it. We'll see after I get the tires on.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:57 AM
dragogt
Posting Guru
If you just need to clear tires than...

is all you need.....

Old 11-04-2010, 03:45 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by F3fitty
Ha. You might just be biting off more than you can chew. Lol
I wouldn't put a block in the front anyway, so save your airfare.

And... I would lower the back but I got a deal on some 39s that are probably going on next week and I don't want them stuffed up under the wheel wells. I may just have to get the reverse shackle deal and trade springs with somebody. Thanks for the ideas though guys. I may just leave it. We'll see after I get the tires on.
Interweb tough guys make me lolllllller, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put a block in the front so fat*******/dipsheot-dan flies his DAN self down there. When he arrives, fire up the camera. Then as you beat his DSDAN self to the ground, make sure you teabag him as he lays there helpless on the floor while flashing the shocker. Once you've uploaded this video to the ground you can A) bring hilarity to FTE by posting it, B) use it as your application video to NWU, and C) make the world a better place!

Therefore, putting a block under your front axle could possibly be the best thing to happen on FTE in ages

Old 11-04-2010, 03:49 PM
F3fitty
Senior User
Originally Posted by captain p4
Interweb tough guys make me lolllllller, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put a block in the front so fat*******/dipsheot-dan flies his DAN self down there. When he arrives, fire up the camera. Then as you beat his DSDAN self to the ground, make sure you teabag him as he lays there helpless on the floor while flashing the shocker. Once you've uploaded this video to the ground you can A) bring hilarity to FTE by posting it, B) use it as your application video to NWU, and C) make the world a better place!

Therefore, putting a block under your front axle could possibly be the best thing to happen on FTE in ages

thats the funniest thing ive ever read on here

Old 11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
So, let me get this strait, you think you need more than 6 inch lift on a 350 to clear 39s?!

Id say trim that front bumper and whatever else needs to be.... should be able to clear 44s......

Old 11-04-2010, 04:13 PM
dragogt
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
So, let me get this strait, you think you need more than 6 inch lift on a 350 to clear 39s?!

Id say trim that front bumper and whatever else needs to be.... should be able to clear 44s......
AHEM...

Originally Posted by dragogt
If you just need to clear tires than...

is all you need.....

Old 11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
F3fitty
Senior User
Originally Posted by hav24wheel

no... i know i could trim bumpers and fenders and clear larger tires. Hell... i could take the fenders and bed off and run 54s. BUT... thats not what i'm looking to do.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:16 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

stock F150 clears 33s with no lift and bumper slight bumper trim...

Stock 350s clear 35s stock, some need bumper trim...

so 35 to 39 is 4 inches difference, so 4 inch lift is all the is really needed....

Just sayin.....

no need to get mad.....

Old 11-04-2010, 04:19 PM
F3fitty
Senior User
i wasnt mad... just sayin i was going for a certain look and function. adding just an inch or two to the front would accomplish it. we need height down here in florida to run in these swamps.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:21 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

No matter what anyone says, an inch is going to be hardly noticable....

Old 11-04-2010, 04:25 PM
F3fitty
Senior User
yeah... i know. i'm kinda crazy ocd. you know when you walk out to your truck everyday and there is something that drives you nuts and you cant stop thinking about it until you fix it... well thats kinda how this is... same as the front bumper being tilted up by 5 degrees. lol

Old 11-04-2010, 04:27 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

IF you are going only a 1 inch jam a zero rate in there then and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Need more lift on my F350........