North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Autoenginuity owners near Raleigh?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM
URTOAST
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autoenginuity owners near Raleigh?

So I took the plunge and bought a 7.3 powered truck the other day, I have wanted one for a while, and now I have this object that I understand almost nothing on, as I have spent most of my years forcing air into gas jobs, not oil burners. I am interested in chipping it in the future, but I guess I should get most of the little problems fixed first.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o> </o>
First off… The tires are large, and the spedo is off by at least 10 mph or so. Does anyone in the area of Raleigh, Clayton or Fuquay have a Autoenginuity setup that could help me out with this little problem?

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Old 08-18-2010, 07:32 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome Brian.
Tell us about your truck.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 AM
URTOAST
New User
Originally Posted by fuzzy1626
Welcome Brian.
Tell us about your truck.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Thank you, I ended up talking with some one at Autoenginuity yesterday, and it sounds as if its not going to help anyway. So I guess I'm off to find another solution to the problem. They said they don’t offer any support for a 550 class truck, and they are maxed out with factory tire size options.<o></o>
<o></o>
The truck is a 2000 F-550 with a lift and 37" tires, I would like to get the spedo fixed prior to chipping it, or driving it for that mater. It looks as if the only option at this point is a superlift box unless someone else has an idea on how to get my problem resolved? I have talked to several shops and many have different opinions on how to fix it, but in the end none of the options I have been given will work. I guess I need to post something under the heavy truck section and see if I can get some answers.

Thanks

Brian

Old 08-19-2010, 05:38 PM
06silvercrew
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brian, WELCOME to FTE, glad you found the NC chapter! Im not much help on that thing but Im SURE some of the guys in the 7.3 or possibly even the superduty section could give you the help your needing.

I would LOVE too see some pics of a 550 with 37's If you get time post some up or put some in your gallery!

Scott

Old 11-03-2010, 07:27 PM
ih8rainnc
Freshman User
Okay, old thread, but I just joined the forum and found the NC chapter. I've got an AE setup but it's just a code reader. I'm not sure what you're in need of. I'm in Sanford.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:41 PM
06silvercrew
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ih8rainnc
Okay, old thread, but I just joined the forum and found the NC chapter. I've got an AE setup but it's just a code reader. I'm not sure what you're in need of. I'm in Sanford.
Welcome to FTE! An AE is alot more then a code reader, especially with the enhanced packages.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:48 PM
06silvercrew
Posting Guru
I swear I have seen your username ih8rain somewhere else, are you a member on HPJ?

Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
ih8rainnc
Freshman User
My rev of AE is about 6 years old, runs on my PDA and pulls data. I'm not sure that it will do more than reset codes and collect data.

I am on NC Euro, Bimmerforums and a few other car forums so we may have crossed paths. HPJ doesn't ring a bell.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:04 PM
URTOAST
New User
Thanks guys! I ended up solving the problem with a superlift box. I was thinking that we could solve my spedo and shift point problems with a scanner, but i guess the F-550's are different from the 250's and 350's and they dont make a AE that will work on them?? (Thats what the guy at AE said?) I'm sure some of it would work but they told me that most of the features wouldnt work on my truck. I also figured out that the tire size is limited to the factory aval. sizes, so that was out as a fix any way. Thanks again for all the help...

I'm also on HPJ, lots of laughs on that site : )

Brian

[IMG]<a href="http://bit.ly/djOjke" target="_blank" />F-550</a>[/IMG]

Old 11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
06silvercrew
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by URTOAST
Thanks guys! I ended up solving the problem with a superlift box. I was thinking that we could solve my spedo and shift point problems with a scanner, but i guess the F-550's are different from the 250's and 350's and they dont make a AE that will work on them?? (Thats what the guy at AE said?) I'm sure some of it would work but they told me that most of the features wouldnt work on my truck. I also figured out later that the tire size is limited to the factory aval. sizes, so that was out as a fix any way. Thanks again for all the help...

I'm also on HPJ, lots of laughs on that site : )

Brian

[IMG]F-550[/IMG]

Good deal. Glad to see another HPJ member over here. Yeah, anything goes over there LOL Deff. some interesting folks over there.