6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Lariat interior trim..woodgrain :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:38 AM
sncbluegt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lariat interior trim..woodgrain :(

The reason I decided to not get the KR is because I can't stand tan interior so I went with the gorgeous black lariat interior...except what is up with this hideous fake woodgrain crap...I mean its better than real woodgrain but seriously....why not have the fx4 interior option like the f150 has...with the really nice black enamel center bezel that has silver offsets...I mean not everyone that buys a lariat is 80 years old. I'm thinkin bout takin that thing off and scuffing it up and changing the color to a silver or black enamel..What do yall think?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:42 AM
zcellis3
Senior User
So why not just get the KR with the black interior?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:42 AM
torquey89ford
New User
I'd say go for it. If they won't sell you what you want, make it your own by personalizing it. You just dropped a TON of cash on a new truck your going to have for a long time so might as well make it so you like it. Should look pretty good too. Post some pics of it if u can when your done--might get some others to do it too.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:54 PM
sncbluegt
Senior User
Originally Posted by zcellis3
So why not just get the KR with the black interior?
Quite honestly I didn't know you could get a black interior KR...not that it bothers me. What color is the center trim bezel in the black KR?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:56 PM
sncbluegt
Senior User
Originally Posted by torquey89ford
I'd say go for it. If they won't sell you what you want, make it your own by personalizing it. You just dropped a TON of cash on a new truck your going to have for a long time so might as well make it so you like it. Should look pretty good too. Post some pics of it if u can when your done--might get some others to do it too.
I most certainly will post some pics when I get it done! Should fit right at home quite nicely.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:05 PM
jermort
Senior User
Hey, I got the black interior in my KR. The leather really pops next to all that black. Even the faux wood grain panels look great!!!!!

(I considered the adobe interior and it was not my cup of tea)

jammer

Old 11-03-2010, 01:31 PM
2011screw
Junior User
Originally Posted by sncbluegt
Quite honestly I didn't know you could get a black interior KR...not that it bothers me. What color is the center trim bezel in the black KR?

Here is a link to the black interior of a KR

http://www.f150online.com/forums/kin...uper-duty.html

Old 11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
transferred
Senior User
Does the "black kr interior" not refer only to the dash, the seats are still orange right?

Old 11-03-2010, 02:48 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
I wouldn't say "orange"... they're brown. "dark adobe" I believe is the official color, but I could be wrong. Either way, it's a defining part of the KR style. Uniquely-colored leather that is of a higher quality than the Lariat. If you don't like that, there's no point in getting a KR

Looking back, if I had ordered mine instead of taking one off the lot, I think I would have ordered the black interior. I love everything about my truck... but that black sure is sweet

Old 11-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Sportscraft
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's why I'm hoping they'll eventually come out with a Harley package. I'm not a fan of harleys myself, but I like the black trim pieces and darker headlights that usually come on them that we can then fit onto our classy black lariats!

Old 11-03-2010, 04:43 PM
sncbluegt
Senior User
The black interiored KR sure is nice looking!! Me personally I'm a big fan of the Harleys...I love all the trims that have made for the previous models...guages, seats, carpet, lights, graphics....mmm good.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 PM
2addy
Senior User
[QUOTE=sncbluegt;9512504]The reason I decided to not get the KR is because I can't stand tan interior so I went with the gorgeous black lariat interior...except what is up with this hideous fake woodgrain crap...

Amen. I test drove a truck before I bought mine and it had that hideous woodgrain and my wife looked at the salesman and asked what was up with the cheap woodgrain interior. Had my truck shown up with that, I was painting it anything but cheap simulated wood. I believe the orders were hers too. I would paint it.

Last edited by 2addy; 11-03-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
I won't buy a truck with that wood grain. I can't stand it.
The XLT might not be as fancy but the dash sure does look good without it IMO.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Sportscraft
Elder User
In my opinion the wood grain is nothing compared to the 2 tone leather they put in these early trucks. My leather guy is checking on my options - complete recovers vs just sewing in new inserts. With labor costs he thinks it will be cheaper just to do all new leather (factory match).

Old 11-03-2010, 06:09 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
I LOVE the TWO TONE!! They are Limited edition seats.

You old folks need to accept change. I know they went back to the plain, because it's probably cheaper.

I've had more compliments on the "Modern" interior design on the seat. Better than the Plain Jane. Get them while you can,,,..Won't last long.

But then again they grey/black isn't very appealing to me. Most rent cars have gray interior, that should say a lot about that.

Hope I didn't step on any toes, but these are my opinions.

Each their own.

Shane

Quick Reply: Lariat interior trim..woodgrain :(