Central Massachusetts Plow Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 05:51 PM
glennemay
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Central Massachusetts Plow Assistance

Hey all,

First of all Happy Holidays. Hope you all have a safe and happy Holiday season with much overindulgence.

This is a little strange of a question. But here it goes. I did post this on the national board too, but figured I would hit here to see if someone can offer any info.

I just purchased a used snowplow for my 04 350 drw CrewCab. Not looking to do commercial plowing, just a big old driveway I need to take care of that was costing me a fortune.

The truck it is coming off of is an 05 350 drw with a dump. The previous owner is giving me the push plates, electrics, controls etc.

What I need is someone in the central Mass (Framingham, Ashland area) that can swap the components for me from one truck to another. I'm not made of $$$ so looking for someone who is fair and as reasonable as possible.

It would be incredibly beneficial for someone who would do it on-site. There is a garage that can be used. But we can arrange to have the trucks someplace together if need be.

Any information or help is greatly appreciated.

Glenn

Old 12-21-2010, 10:49 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Glen,

You might want to take it to a shop that sells plows or some welding shops might do it..

You don't want to mess with it not installed right.. Could do some serious damage from someone that never did one..

Old 12-22-2010, 06:20 AM
glennemay
Senior User
Originally Posted by donjamer
Glen,

You might want to take it to a shop that sells plows or some welding shops might do it..

You don't want to mess with it not installed right.. Could do some serious damage from someone that never did one..
I was hoping to find someone who was either out of work or looking for a couple of bucks so that I could support someone and not something if you get my drift. :-)

Turns out I can't use his push plates anyway and can probably not use the harness either so it's beginning to look like a new install. I did buy a used set of push plates that fit my truck, but I think the harness is going to be new.

G

Old 12-22-2010, 11:58 AM
donjamer
Originally Posted by glennemay
I was hoping to find someone who was either out of work or looking for a couple of bucks so that I could support someone and not something if you get my drift. :-)

Turns out I can't use his push plates anyway and can probably not use the harness either so it's beginning to look like a new install. I did buy a used set of push plates that fit my truck, but I think the harness is going to be new.

G
I know that is what you intended.. I just know from experience with plows that it is best to leave it to the pros..

There are so many configurations that it makes it tough to get a used one from another truck..

My 06 has 3 connectors.. I have seen some SD's with 2..

Don't know what the difference is..

I think the manufacturer does that just to screw up things so you won't get a used one..

Good luck in getting a setup.. Looks like we are gonna have a lot of white crap this year..

Old 12-23-2010, 06:36 AM
glennemay
Senior User
I know that is what you intended.. I just know from experience with plows that it is best to leave it to the pros..
I found a couple of folks, and a friend is recommending a guy up in Boxborough. We;ll see how he does. normally he installs Boss Plows, but they can't be that different. $400.00 to install the push plates and harness. I'm a little higher than I wanted to be for the install, but I'm still 2k less than brand new.

There are so many configurations that it makes it tough to get a used one from another truck..
NO joke there. Since my truck is an 04, they have 2 models for that year. 04 early, and 04 late. Not to mention the wiring harness differences.. the 04 late is the shortest run of them all. Funny.

My 06 has 3 connectors.. I have seen some SD's with 2..
Plow has 3 connectors on it. Picked up the harness last night up in NH at Donovan.

Good luck in getting a setup.. Looks like we are gonna have a lot of white crap this year..
Thanks, Yeah, we are looking to ramp up to a hammering this year. Have to see what shakes down.

Thanks for the help.

G

Old 12-23-2010, 10:03 AM
donjamer
Originally Posted by glennemay
I found a couple of folks, and a friend is recommending a guy up in Boxborough. We;ll see how he does. normally he installs Boss Plows, but they can't be that different. $400.00 to install the push plates and harness. I'm a little higher than I wanted to be for the install, but I'm still 2k less than brand new.
I hear that.. It's always good to save some money..

$400 sounds about right.. I had the push plates installed for that price on a 95 F250 years ago..

Plow has 3 connectors on it. Picked up the harness last night up in NH at Donovan.
Is it a Fisher Plow?? we have a local dealer in Dracut MA and the big dealer is in Salem MA for Fisher plows.. May be closer than NH for you..