General Automotive Discussion

Final Objective - 55 Chevrolet with Merlin V12

Old 11-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Final Objective - 55 Chevrolet with Merlin V12

I am curious does anyone know if this car is still in Australia? Theres this guy that is apparently getting all butt hurt over my tastes in cars and he is apparently claiming to be the owner but hes not in Australia and I am just curious.

By the way just curious but if someone were to say that they dont like hot rods without fenders and think they look ugly but you happen to like hotrods without fenders, would you be offended and start bitching the person out?

Or would you just shrug it off and leave the person to like what he like and dislike what he dislike?

I just wanted to put this out there to see if people really do get offended at carshows if someone says to a friend they dont like that model of car and the owner overhears it or if the owner could care less because he likes the car and thats all that matters.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:49 PM
FlyByNight
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best thing to do is shrug it off Rusty, life's to short and there's no telling what's on a persons mind at the time. Don't sweat the small stuff. P.S. I know that 55 you're speaking of [IMG]******** width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIj2GVfua84?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIj2GVfua84?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>*********>[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
true, he didnt say anything about my cars, even if he did it wouldnt have bugged me, but apparently me saying something about that 55 upset him and hes acting like hes the owner, I doubt he is because hes in california and last I heard car exhaust has to be 98 Db and quieter and I doubt a Merlin powered 55 chevy could meet that requirement with 12 exhaust pipes directly form the heads exiting under the doors with no muffler lol.

I was just curious if the car is still in Australia or not. I was also curious if there was more people like me in the world that dont care what others think about their car. I am that way because way I see it is I am the one driving the car if I like it thats all that matters. I feel that guy should be the same way but at 57 yo I doubt he will ever change if that is even his real age.

But as far as the car goes, I have my problems with it. While I am an airplane nut and a car nut I just think its pointless to do that. I mean he took a complete 55 and cut it up and only ended up using just the body. I say should have got just a body instead. Second thing is what purpose does the car serve other than a show car. I doubt it could be drove in the rain, **** I have enough trouble barly touching the throttle in my 145hp/200trq 78 Mercury with a 2.50:1 rear axle ratio I hate to see how ahrd it is to drive that car in the rain with 3,000 hp on wet roads and giving the engine gas to go.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:20 PM
FlyByNight
Senior User
What do you think of this one? [IMG]******** width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KyBbH13wIp0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KyBbH13wIp0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>*********>[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Thats actually pretty neat. Not to mention from the front it looks pretty stock.

Ive seen jet powered big rigs and jet powered rocket cars but never a jet powered pickup like that.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:51 PM
FlyByNight
Senior User
Agree, They did one hell of a nice job. Kept a nostalgic appeal and gave new meaning to the word retro-mod.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Well this austrlian guy on there said that he met this guy and he does own the car and its in the US.

But yet he still is siding with his american "buddy" even though his buddy is throwing an hissyfit saying I am nuts for thinking hotrods without fenders look ugly and that me saying that is an insult to everyone that loves them (I rolled my eyes at that one thinking hotrod owners dont give a flying **** if people like their car or not). Hes also pissed off at me because I said this car serves no purpose. and if the car is in california I doubt its being drove on the street, state way california has a exhaust noise level that no car exhaust can exceed 95 Db. I am sure a Rolls Royce Merlin V12 airplane engine with 12 straight pipes from each exhaust port is going to be louder than 95Db. Hell a motorcycle has a Db of 100, and I know these engines can drown out a motorcycle. Ive seen P51`s with the merlin in it in person at the airshow and they are way over 100 Db in sound.

I just cant understand why this guy cares so much that I dont believe him to be the owner and that I just dont like the car. I mean sheesh this 57 yo guy who apparently owns this car should seriouslly get a life and stop worrying what others think. But as I feel he doesnt own the car, if that video posted above as was posted was recorded in the US in at his property why didnt he upload the video. Why does he have only 3 videos uploaded to youtube and only one has anything to do with cars and its not even remotely related to this car. Then theres the issue that I cant find a single piece of evidence online that the car was sold and moved to the US. Surely a car as "great" as this would have some news on it. After all I can find news online about the P38 Glacier Girl was sold after the owner died and is now based here in central Texas.

its just sickening cause people like him and his aussie friend are the reason that the carhobby is going to hell. Jerkoffs with either more money than brains or their so insecure about themselves that they have to complain like little girls and verbally confront others because they dont like something they do.

I wonder if that old guy runs up to people that looks at that 55 if he does own it at a car show that said they hate it and it was ugly only to take and badger them telling them how their crazy for not liking something he does. I wish some people would get a clue. Its one thing to like your car but its another thing to try and force other people to like it when they think its pointless and its stupid and lets face it this 55 chevy is pointless, if its in california its not licensed and registered and street legal because of the exhaust noise, then theres no way in hell this car can be drove on wet roads. I also dont see the guy doing like these jet cars above and going out to airshows to put on a show, showing the power it has.

Then the australian guy has the gall to tell me that I am an idiot and that my jaw would drop if I saw what was in his garage. Really, I dont give two bits whats in his garage, its probably just like this 55 that I think is pointless and serves no point or just a big waste of money. Hell I was going to even ignore them but I want to keep making them talk to make themselves show their true colors cause I see them as self centered "all about me" attitude where everyone that doesnt say what they want to hear they want to or .

Hell we all have different tastes, just like how I absolutely hate the body style of the 56, 59, 64 chevrolet passengercars, but yet I like the 58 even though I know alot of people love the 56 and 59 but hate the 58. But up till now I have never ran into someone like this guy that is throwing his fit because my tastes are different. Part of me just wants to punch the guy in the mouth and tell him hes 57 yo and to grow the **** up no one cares about his hissyfit because someone doesnt like the car. He couldnt even grasp that alot of people dont like the car, my 56 fairlane photoed above is on cardomain just like his 55 chevy, guess what my 56 in rusty unrestored in need of restoration condition has 3 stars over every point. His car has 3 stars as well and its been up way longer than mine has, must be sad that this car that is worth over $1,000,000 USD cant get more stars than a passengercar that isnt restored. Bet that chapped his ***.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 PM
RottenRon
Senior User
Rod Hadfiel's a legend.

Sorry Rusty, but I think you're the one who needs a life.

Yeah sure, I'm an Auzzie, and yes, I'm prejudiced, but slinging off at a legend like Rod can't go unanswered.

Do yourself a favor and Google "Rod Hadfield".

This guy has probably done more for the custom car and hot rod scene in Australia, and maybe the world, than anyone else. Australia's version of Barris, Boyd Coddington etc. In fact, I'm not even sure they have the foresight and abilities this guys has.

I remember selling front ends etc. to this guy 25 or more years ago. He used them for the conversion kits he sold. He started out some time before that though. Humble beginnings indeed.

Sure, he's spent a fortune on his toys, but when your as talented and as successful as he is, especially considering this is his passion, what better way to advertise your business and have fun at the same time.

Check out, Rare Spares Legend 2008 Rod Hadfield

The T coupe with twin blown 429 shotgun motor, is another of his "over the top" creations. Just to engineer such a thing is a feat in itself.

Love them or hate them, there's no denying his creations are part of custom car and hot rod folk-law, so, I suggest you learn to live with it.

Cheers.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:55 PM
FlyByNight
Senior User
Hmm........

Old 11-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by RottenRon
Sorry Rusty, but I think you're the one who needs a life.

Yeah sure, I'm an Auzzie, and yes, I'm prejudiced, but slinging off at a legend like Rod can't go unanswered.

Do yourself a favor and Google "Rod Hadfield".

This guy has probably done more for the custom car and hot rod scene in Australia, and maybe the world, than anyone else. Australia's version of Barris, Boyd Coddington etc. In fact, I'm not even sure they have the foresight and abilities this guys has.

I remember selling front ends etc. to this guy 25 or more years ago. He used them for the conversion kits he sold. He started out some time before that though. Humble beginnings indeed.

Sure, he's spent a fortune on his toys, but when your as talented and as successful as he is, especially considering this is his passion, what better way to advertise your business and have fun at the same time.

Check out, Rare Spares Legend 2008 Rod Hadfield

The T coupe with twin blown 429 shotgun motor, is another of his "over the top" creations. Just to engineer such a thing is a feat in itself.

Love them or hate them, there's no denying his creations are part of custom car and hot rod folk-law, so, I suggest you learn to live with it.

Cheers.
Oh boohoo he did what he love and I dont like what he did, dont go get asshurt like the guys on the video are because someone doesnt like the same thing others like. You might like this car but A. it serves no purpose cant be legally drove on the roads in california where it apparently resides at now, B. he didnt think the project through and if he had any brains he would know that an airplane engine rated at 3,000 hp will need a serious frame so he could have just got a body by itself instead of cutting up a 55 that was all there.

You dont agree with it oh well, not my problem because I am not the one without a life, I like what I like and people like YOU, yes I say YOU, get bent out of shape because people hate things that you like.

Oh wow hes a famous guy lets see I also hate Carol Shelby because he does nothing but bitch and moan like you did about how kit car companies are stealing cars trade marked by him when they are not. He even slap lawsuits on people but oh some people still love the guy for what he did. Me I dont because of how pittiful he is being. Same with this car I absolutely hate when people take something that is complete and strip it down and only use one part when they could have got the part by itself from a junkyard.

Originally Posted by FlyByNight
Hmm........
Yep, you see how stupid people get, you voice your opinion on what you like or hate and you got people that get pissed off and asshurt because they love the car.

Just like this guy on youtube, he went so far as to create a video **** talking me which has been reported to youtube along with all his comments talking down to me and bitching at me because I think hotrods without fenders are ugly and he thinks im nuts for that. I could say hes nuts for owning that ugly piece of **** 55. I would also advise the guy above to go to cardomain and check out the car on there it only has 3 stars pitiful that a car that is supposed to be so great is liked by very few considering the low like rating the car got on there.

Its like people have no lives and are big crybabies. This guy`s video shows his hotrod without fenders it looked ugly without the fenders but then these ugly as stacks sticking through the hood looked well how can I put this kindly, it looked fruitty. If he likes the hotrod I say great good for him, doesnt change the point I still think its a ugly piece of ****. Just like I think ricers are ugly pieces of ****. But yet people feel compelled to cry, whine, moan, and bitch at people for their tastes in cars.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:05 PM
RottenRon
Senior User
I think you're the one doing all the bitchin.

Take the car the car for what it's worth. Nothing more than an exercise in outrages-nous. Simply an over the top engineering concept that CAN be driven, and is proof of his skill.

You don't have to like it, (or any of his cars) to appreciate the workmanship.

I'm not overly fussed with the style etc. myself, but I dead set love his resolve to overcome difficulty and "get the job done". For that, I can't fault him.

Credit where it's due. I'll continue to admire Rod for contributions to car crafting, and continue to dismiss you, as someone who can't refrain from hanging crap on people he can't emulate or is jealous of. He has the runs on the board. Do you???

I'm done. That's my two bobs worth.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by RottenRon
I think you're the one doing all the bitchin.

Take the car the car for what it's worth. Nothing more than an exercise in outrages-nous. Simply an over the top engineering concept that CAN be driven, and is proof of his skill.

You don't have to like it, (or any of his cars) to appreciate the workmanship.

I'm not overly fussed with the style etc. myself, but I dead set love his resolve to overcome difficulty and "get the job done". For that, I can't fault him.

Credit where it's due. I'll continue to admire Rod for contributions to car crafting, and continue to dismiss you, as someone who can't refrain from hanging crap on people he can't emulate or is jealous of. He has the runs on the board. Do you???

I'm done. That's my two bobs worth.
Yea and guess what go back and re-read what I said. I am a car nut and an airplane nut. Even in the youtube video I said its a work of art but it doesnt change the fact that its ugly, serves no purpose other than a show car, and a virgin 55 chevrolet was destoryed for something that this guy didnt think through. Any guy with two brain cells should have enough sense to realize you cant use the orignal OEM frame with a 3,000 hp aircraft engine. But for some reason he didnt and he got the whole car instead of just getting the frame. I dont care who the man is or how talented he is, in my eyes he butchered up an car that was otherwise complete and could have been restored and only used the body.

Yes one could put forth that I am complaining but put yourself in my shoes and see how you would feel. You make a comment about how you dont like the looks of something and that it was ignorant to destory a complete car when all that was needed was just a body. Now envision after saying that having not the supposedly new owner but two australians that are bitching because someone doesnt like how the project was done or like the looks of the car. Lose that ugly *** wing and those protruding machine guns on the side and maybe ill reconsider the appearance of the car.

That is what I am complaining about is that I as a person couldnt voice my opinion of the car without being verbally attacked by people such as yourself because you dont agree with me. That is what has me complaining, people need to learn to quit getting upset over what other people say. God knows how many car shows I go to that you can find people saying things such as "I cant believe he did that, he screwed the car up" or "that modification looks weird" or "those rims are plain garbage". But you dont see the owners running those people down to give them an ear full because of it. Car owners atleast I dont, give a crap what other people think.

Thats just like this guy in his video he calls his 1970 1/2 camaro a 1970 I tell him that I think he means 70 1/2 since the 1969 body style was carried over into 1970 for the first half. He laughs and insults me again telling me I am not a camaro person cause theres no such thing as a 70 1/2 camaro. Then I dont know if its his californian accent or what but I and five other people here can swear that he said Z01 Camaro which he is now saying he said ZL1. I still dont hear ZL1 I hear Z01 as well as friends here after telling them the guy claims he said ZL1. Then theres hes over there saying I dont know **** about cars and laughing when I say backfires can be deadly as well as telling him its not smart to sit there cranking an engine over for 5+ seconds at a time as well as pouring raw gas down the throat of your carb. I mean what is a person really supposed to do when they state a personal opinion on what they think about something only to have two guys, one californian the other australian jump on that person and start insulting their intelligence and telling them they dont know **** when its obvious that they dont.

This guy thinks just because he has the offical pacecar used in 1967 that I should be impressed. Pft I have seen enough 69 pacecars at car shows that a 67-69 camaro pace car just doesnt peak my interest nor impresses me. Just like his 1100 hp twin turboed 67 camaro doesnt impress me either. The low profile rims he picked are ugly and provides **** for traction. Then his hotrod its ugly without the fenders in my book but with those stacks sticking through the hood and the engine sitting so far below the hood it looks tacky as hell and still ugly.

But hey the point I was trying to get across here is that surely people are not so self centered that they are going to bitch and moan because someone doesnt have the same taste as they do. I mean **** I dont go around calling import turners stupid or nuts, or retarded or say they dont know **** just because they dont like my car. Just like they dont do that to me because I dont like their cars. I respect what other people like, I respect that he likes the cars and owns them but all my respect for the man that owns the car now is lost because of his insulting condensending nature from the start. I didnt say a damn thing insulting about him. I stated how I felt about the car and if he took offense to that well he shouldnt own cars then cause he is too thin skinned to be a car person and get pissed off because someone doesnt like his car.

**** half the world doesnt like the car as I said go check cardomain the car is on there, been on there since 1999 or so and it only has 3 stars out of 5. Theres a 4dr 63 Impala stationwagon with 5 stars on there. Some might like it but more people dont and I say its their choice.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:09 AM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Rusty_S
By the way just curious but if someone were to say that they dont like hot rods without fenders and think they look ugly but you happen to like hotrods without fenders, would you be offended and start bitching the person out?

Or would you just shrug it off and leave the person to like what he like and dislike what he dislike?
You didn't leave much doubt which one you chose. Please be more respectful to the other members. Your excessive use of profanity is obnoxious and rude.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by horsepuller
You didn't leave much doubt which one you chose. Please be more respectful to the other members. Your excessive use of profanity is obnoxious and rude.
You have to view the whole statement in context. I didnt once bash the guy above for liking the car, I stood my ground that I dont like the car. He came in to defend the car because he likes the car and the guy. This is exactly what I was talking about in reference to becoming offended. This guy got offended and started telling me a sobstory about the guy which I already know and wont change my views of the guy.

Thats like me going up to a guy here that doesnt like chevrolet and try to convert him that ford and chevrolet are very much equal.

And yes trying to cut down on the profanity, but it is kind of hard when you are constantly jumped by people that try to "convert" you or claim you are insulting or bad mouthing other peoples cars just because you say something like "I think hotrods without fenders are ugly". I mean lets see I am dealing with this guy in california who is creating videos insulting me and bad mouthing me because of that, hes insulting my knowledge and intelligence when I told him it wasnt smart to be pouring gas down the throat of his carb and then sitting there cranking it over for more than 5 seconds at a time without an aircleaner on it. What did he do, he just laughed and toldme I dont know what I am talking about. How am I supposed to react to something like that. I try to help the guy to prevent him from burning one of his cars up but yet I am the *** all because I didnt believe him to own the car because he didnt provide any proof other than saying he own it. I dont know how many times ive seen some guy claim to own something worth alot of money and in the end they were lying. Its the internet and suddely his australian friend is calling me an *** now saying I put so much effort into discrediting the guy for owning the car just by simply questioning him wheres the proof if he owns the car.

On top of the guy in california I also have an australian here that is telling me to grow up just because I dont like the car but yet the other australian and the californian are actually in the right even though they have done nothing but slinged insults at me, talked down to me, and even went so far to create videos bad mouthing me. The profanity is a result of that, I use profanity to control myself and keep from lashing out at people and insulting them. So far it has worked good but I know need to cut back.

Yes I like what I like when it comes to cars and I let others like what they like but the one thing that bugs the hell out of me is people that take and sling insults at someone just because they have a different taste than they do. He even put up a video about his car collection after the australian said my jaw would drop. To be fully honest, I didnt see where his collection of mostly 67 camaros, hemi challenger, two nascar vehicles, a 32 hotrod and the 55 was anything that impressive. Sure if he likes the cars thats great for him they have a good home but dont try to make those cars out like their the worlds best because honestly Ive seen so many first gen camaros I honestly dont care for them. Just like the mustang I love the body style of both the mustang and the camaro first gens but you see them so much you are just eh its a camaro/mustang big deal and walk off.

Sure he was offended by my statement of saying that I think hotrods without fenders are ugly. But at the time didnt know he owned a fenderless hotrod, but besides that since its already out there I stick to my orignal comment saying that I think their ugly. Just like the other guy sticks to his orignal tactic slinging insults calling me retarded, and on and on and on. Kind of sad that a 57 yo guy with a car collection like he has, is online slinging insults just because someone said what I did. I have heard far worse at carshows where the owner didnt say a thing.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:31 AM
wezol5484
Postmaster

Really?....Argueing over the internet because of fenders on a car or whatever?

So what, you don't like something, oh well. Someone wants to get upset over it, let em, oh well. Someone wants to get upset because of someone getting upset over them getting upset, oh well.

F-em' if they can't take a joke.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Final Objective - 55 Chevrolet with Merlin V12