6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

broke my promise of no mods ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:17 PM
AlexWV
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
broke my promise of no mods ....

Since I want a sig quite badly I'll start a thread to see if I can get over the top of that 25 post mountain.

When I got this truck I promised myself no mods. Except Line-X and a bigger fuel tank.

Line-X went in the first week and that is about as long as it took to break my promise to myself.

I decided to remove the "flag pole" and the plastic liner on the tailgate. Love the step but had no use for the pole and neither do I like plastic liners. This is just personal preference. So that is done and when I was finished I dropped the tailgate back to Line-X and they finished the job for no extra charge which is fair since they would have done it in the first place.

I did not order this truck but there she was on the lot with everything I would have ordered except for three things (or maybe more).

1) Upfitter switches. Why anybody would order up a truck without those is beyond me. Especially since it is only $125 option. To solve this oversight I have on order the switches and the wiring harness. I've also gone through the body build publications and this is going to be a really easy mod. The harness is on national backorder apparently but I should have these items by next week some time.

2) Clearance lights: This one is personal preference but I like those. I've seen all the various threads on how to add these and just need to get up the nerve to drill holes in my roof.

3) The center console. I started a thread on that the other day.

I'm positive I will not do any drive train mods. Been there done that and no way on this one.

I also told myself not even a levelling kit but that's out the window now and want to get the front up a couple inches to level her out.

And a bigger tank when Titan has one.

And then that will be that. Amen.

(Trying for 25 post so I can have a sig like the adults.)

Old 10-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Adobe 11SD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 10-27-2010, 01:32 PM
tampacamper
Senior User
WELL POST UP

Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 PM
AlexWV
Senior User
Originally Posted by Adobe 11SD

Nice one. I see that this is helping my fellow man. That post of your's put you at 26.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:47 PM
tampacamper
Senior User
23 for you next

Old 10-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Adobe 11SD
Senior User
Originally Posted by AlexWV
Nice one. I see that this is helping my fellow man. That post of your's put you at 26.
Yep, I'm an oldtimer now. Need any sage advice? Heck I have driven my first diesel over 2000 miles already.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:50 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Adobe 11SD
Yep, I'm an oldtimer now. Need any sage advice? Heck I have driven my first diesel over 2000 miles already.
come on old timer!.. click UserCP in the top blue bar, and create a sig..

Sam

Old 10-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Adobe 11SD
Senior User
Originally Posted by sdetweil
come on old timer!.. click UserCP in the top blue bar, and create a sig..

Sam
Yes sir, on my way!

Apparently it may take up to 24 hours for the sig option to be available.

Last edited by Adobe 11SD; 10-27-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Can't find create sig option
Old 10-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Titan has a bigger tank available

Old 10-27-2010, 02:27 PM
AlexWV
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sgt93
Titan has a bigger tank available
They have a 50 gal for the SWB but not yet a bigger tank for LWB which already has a 37.5 gal tank.

The big 66-er should be available in about 3 months from what they told me.

I had also checked with TransferFlow who also have a 50 gal tank for the SWB but not yet for the LWB.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:40 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
transfer flow's website indicates that they have a 30gal for the SWB/LWB and a 50 gal for the LWB only. Did you talk to them directly? the 2011 might be different... I am looking at the transfer flow ones really closely

Old 10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
AlexWV
Senior User
Originally Posted by djjoshuad
transfer flow's website indicates that they have a 30gal for the SWB/LWB and a 50 gal for the LWB only. Did you talk to them directly? the 2011 might be different... I am looking at the transfer flow ones really closely
Great question and especially great since this answer makes post #25.

Are you looking at the right place on their website?

Here is a copy/paste from their website:
NEW for 2011! Transfer Flow has introduced a 50 gallon replacement fuel tank for 2011 Ford crew cab pickups with a 6 1/2 foot bed! A complete fuel tank system is only $789.50.

I called them the same day I called Titan about a month ago. They did not have an ETA on the LWB bigger tank.

I had a 48 gal TransferFlow on my 7.3 CC SWB to replace the 26 gal it came with. No trouble at all with it and I went there to have it installed since I'm sort of local to them (same state at least but it was an excuse for a road trip). And I suppose I am preaching to the choir but 26 is a pissant little tank to be putting in a heavy duty truck.

If they beat Titan to the punch I have no qualms about getting a TransferFlow again.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:52 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
ahhhh I see, we're talking about two different tanks. I've been looking at the in-bed supplemental tanks that have a pump to transfer fuel into the main tank at specific intervals. I've been looking at them so much, I completely forgot that TF also sells *replacement* tanks. duh. pleas disregard

grats on 25, btw.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:59 PM
AlexWV
Senior User
Originally Posted by djjoshuad
ahhhh I see, we're talking about two different tanks. I've been looking at the in-bed supplemental tanks that have a pump to transfer fuel into the main tank at specific intervals. I've been looking at them so much, I completely forgot that TF also sells *replacement* tanks. duh. pleas disregard

grats on 25, btw.
I've actually been looking at those this morning as well (sick day so wasting time online) and am starting to like that idea more and more. The system looks pretty slick.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:05 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
I think the key is going to be find a quick-disconnect method that allows for tank removal and re-install as needed. If I can do that, I'm in. I love the idea of an extra 30 gallons of fuel capacity for towing the fifth wheel... and the auto-transfer setup is very slick... but I don't love giving up a foot and a half of bed space permanently.

Quick Reply: broke my promise of no mods ....