1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I will never buy driveline components from this company again...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:45 PM
mongo75
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will never buy driveline components from this company again...

If you remember I was looking for a beefier center driveshaft support bearing a few weeks back. Well here's how it went. I contacted Inland Empire Driveline Driveline Parts - Driveshaft, Yokes, Driveshaft Yoke, Universal Joint and although they are only 30 minutes away, I had them UPS me the bearing because I just don't have the time to get up to them. $150 later I'm looking foward to a kick azz bearing.

So I get he bearing, and the polyurethane bushing has a mold imperfection which is easily noticeable, so I tell them, they send me a new one and UPS takes the old one. STRIKE ONE

I get the new one yesterday, take it to the hobby shop today on base, I get the front driveshaft off, into the machine shop, and after they press it off, come to find out the company sent me a smaller bearing, plus it didn't have the top strap securing the bushing like the first one, and stock one have. STRIKE TWO.

I call them up pretty pissed because what shoulda been a 30 minute job is now a 1 week job, and I'm still not able to tow or drive heavy out of fear of destroying what bearing I have left. They say "sorry, sorry, come up here and we'll install it for you" So at this point in the game I'm figuring what the hell, let them fix it and I'll be happy. So I get the truck back together, and head up there.

About 1.5 hours later (I left from work down south) I arrive, pissed at traffic and the extra fuel expense which I really can't afford. I show up, and ask them where the waiting room is, and as the guy is simply swapping bearings into housings, he says "Oh I'm done" to which I reply, that Nacho (that's the guys name) said they'd install it. Nacho comes out from somewhere and says yes he'd install it on the shaft, but they don't have the means to r&r the shaft for that I coulda had them ship it to me!!! STRIKE THREE. I took the damn bearing and left.

All the apologies don't mean squat- he wouldn't help with what I had to shell out for hobby shop fees or fuel costs. So now I will say that if I ever need any other driveline components I WILL NEVER GO TO THEM AGAIN- I'm sure they're not the only game in town.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:36 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
I remember that "thread", i sent them an email, after reading it, and they replied promptly. Besides there sh%#*y customer service, hows, in your opinion, their product. Considering, if its better quality, then stock, then i'd think, what the hey?.....if decent, gotta p/n?

Old 10-26-2010, 11:02 PM
mongo75
Postmaster
I feel by virtue of it being made of poly and not rubber, it is stronger, so yeah I'm glad I still wnet with it, THey can even make a solid poly bushing (without the webbing our trucks have) for about $250, that'll hold up to tractor pulls and such. But in a world as competitive as we live in you'd think they'd really push the customer satisfaction. I may have been a bit harsh, but all I said was what happened to me. Too much to put a blue collar man through....

Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 PM
High Miler
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Suggestion

What a nightmare! I can see how you would be upset.
They usually do a better job.
I suggest you call Jeff at their Ontario store. It is a toll free call at 800.800.0109.
Jeff can't do much about reversing the past but might be able to help you feel a little better.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:00 PM
clem1226
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by High Miler
What a nightmare! I can see how you would be upset.
They usually do a better job.
I suggest you call Jeff at their Ontario store. It is a toll free call at 800.800.0109.
Jeff can't do much about reversing the past but might be able to help you feel a little better.
who are you? Jeff from Ontario by chance?

speaking for myself: at this point the only way I would consider doing business with Inland Empire Driveline is if THEY took measures to make this right to Danny's satisfaction. I believe him to be an honest person with reasonable expectations who was treated poorly.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:52 PM
High Miler
New User
A Suggestion

No, I am not Jeff.
My suggestion was just that, a suggestion.
He can follow up on it or not as it suits him.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:27 AM
mongo75
Postmaster
Hey guys, I'm a bit cooled off by now, and while I hope what all happened to me isn't the norm for the place. I'd hope they might've learned from our experience and will work to improve thier service, 'cause that'll make or break a company these days. And like I said, it seems to be a superior product, but time will tell. I'll finish by saying that I will look to buy similar quality products in the future, but more than likely not from them- fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time, well that makes me a jackazz LOL....

Old 10-29-2010, 01:41 AM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Newbie still didn't answer the question, who are you?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:10 AM
mechelement
Cargo Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
A poly carrier / center support bearing is of interest. Are they using Timkin bearings with their poly setup?

Old 10-29-2010, 08:12 AM
mongo75
Postmaster
Can't really tell what bearing is in it. Thye usually ship in a plain white box, but the one I got now is in a Spicer box. Does Spicer make these bearings? It looks like they just order the bearing and then pop it in the molded part.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:46 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Visseroth
Newbie still didn't answer the question, who are you?
X2, reveal yourself hidden one.. And welcome to the club, not the fight club. Again, its never a dull moment Danny. You know what Ed would have said "OEM Baby". Good luck again.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:55 AM
High Miler
New User
Pardon me, I didn't think who I am was important. I am Greg Frick, President of Inland Empire Drive Line. I agree that this experience was awful and not in our usual style. I also agree that we ought to try to make amends as best we can. I am not in California and so suggested that you call Jeff. If you are active military, we can't just call you. Nothing we can do will erase the experience but we can try if you'll let us.
No the bearings are not Timken. They are whatever Spicer uses that day. Yes, we make the urethane cushion and use the bearing and housing from a variety of suppliers. I hope this posting is more in line with what is expected. I'm new at this.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:38 AM
mongo75
Postmaster
Greg, I'm not a person know on FTE (or anywhere for that matter) to ever burn someone, and I would imagine that being in business as long as you guys have that my experience is not the norm. I would say that over the phone Nacho and the other guy I spoke to where very helpfull, but there seemed to be a disconnect somewhere between shipping, quality control, and your intent as the President. As far as not being reachable, I am actually reachable at any time, I work 5 days a week from 0700-4pm, and after my classes I get home at about 10pm, and then go to bed at about midnight, then get up at 0530 so I'm always around- but that's neither here nor there. And I hate to say that I wouldn't purchase from you guys again because you're local and if I can I like to support local businesses (except the dealer LOL!). I simply posted my experience, and spoke only for myself. I would venture to say that you have a myriad of customers with a story 180* from mine i wouldn't doubt. And I'll echo again, when you guys get the quality and size right, it looks to be a great product.

And BTW- welcome to FTE!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:44 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by High Miler
Pardon me, I didn't think who I am was important. I am Greg Frick, President of Inland Empire Drive Line. I agree that this experience was awful and not in our usual style. I also agree that we ought to try to make amends as best we can. I am not in California and so suggested that you call Jeff. If you are active military, we can't just call you. Nothing we can do will erase the experience but we can try if you'll let us.
No the bearings are not Timken. They are whatever Spicer uses that day. Yes, we make the urethane cushion and use the bearing and housing from a variety of suppliers. I hope this posting is more in line with what is expected. I'm new at this.
Greg,

This is a very "stand up" response.

However.....

As Danny said, there appears to be a disconnect between your intent and your appearance this time.

I asked a question in this link about your company on the 21st. Can you answer it?

Only you are truly in a position to do something about that. I certainly don't have to remind any captain of business that this is the Era of the Internet, and word travels at the speed of light.

It's your move....

Pop

Old 10-29-2010, 10:53 AM
High Miler
New User
From your original post I can see where this all went off the rails. We try hard but are human and we do screw up. I don't know whether we have a phone number to call or not. If you'd like Jeff to call, you can e-mail him the number at <jeff@iedls.com> and he will call at the designated time. He is aware of your experience and is hoping to hear from you.

Quick Reply: I will never buy driveline components from this company again...