1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Old 03-18-2011, 04:23 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dyingtolive
Mine does this too, and I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting to get ahold of an Offy Intake, Headers, and a mini-starter before I replace the gasket with a Mr. Gasket 260.
I am just now waiting on the delivery of my HEI DUI to complete my parts list so I can get started putting it all together!

Old 03-18-2011, 11:10 PM
da X-man
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey yall, I just bought a 86 250 last week so I'll be down here more often than the Excursion forum. Within the first two days of ownership, I added lights under the rear bumper, push to start ignition, changed the oil and filter, flushed the coolant and installed new radiator hoses. Tomorrow, I got some transfer case work to do.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:14 AM
old409
Senior User
I may be a little off topic here but I truly had a great day planned for my truck. My master plan was to Rustoleum the inside of the bed and replace the whole front braking system . It was supposed to be 70deg. here today and it was. A beautiful day. At least as far as the weather was concerned.

The wife's 1992 Olds 88 wouldn't start, wouldn't crank. Every time I plan to do something or have the money to do something that @$%&^* Olds takes a fit and sucks up all my money and time. My son and I spent all day on that miserable thing and finally ended up bypassing the security system with a resistor.

What a miserable thing to work on. The security system is supposed to make it tough to steal. Anybody that would steal that thing needs committed. I wondered why there was so many of that type G.M. cars in the local JY. Now I know.

Then to top it all off, the right front caliper on my truck grabbed and wouldn't let loose when I made a parts run. I have all new front brake parts but they aren't doing much good sitting in the garage. I'm probably going to have to sneak up on my truck while the evil Olds isn't looking to get anything done on it. Tax return, extra money of any kind and the evil Olds gets it all.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Dorsai
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The antenna on my '80 F-150 has been cockeyed ever since I got it. I totally bent that sucker STRAIGHT today!

Old 03-19-2011, 03:51 PM
nolan62
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dorsai
The antenna on my '80 F-150 has been cockeyed ever since I got it. I totally bent that sucker STRAIGHT today!

OK, I have to ask, how long have you been looking at a crooked antenna before you finally fixed it?

Old 03-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Dorsai
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by nolan62
OK, I have to ask, how long have you been looking at a crooked antenna before you finally fixed it?
Oh, since about November or so. I prefer not to rush into major repairs, you know?

Old 03-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh, since about November or so. I prefer not to rush into major repairs, you know?
Man, you sure jumped on that quick....
A few days ago I got tired of looking at the huge hole where a radio was supposed to be installed, so I dug out the crappy sparkomatic I took out some 7 years ago, and hooked it up. It worked, even after riding in the truck toolbox for more than 7 years, but just as crappy as it had when I replaced it with a CD player. I took the CD player out to put in my RX7 6 years ago, and the truck hasn't even had a radio (or radio bezel) in it this whole time.
Crappy tunes are still WAY better than my singing, and that's my opinion. Other people have even stronger opinions about how bad my singing is, even deaf people complain about it.......

It's there, and will stay in place till I get around to putting in a real radio and speakers. Shouldn't be more than 10-15 years.......

Old 03-19-2011, 07:29 PM
JNM76
Junior User
I replaced all the passenger door internals on my 82 F-250......I should just fix the baseball sized hole under the mirror, but im to lazy

Old 03-19-2011, 10:10 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nolan62
The antenna on my truck has been crooked for about ten years now.. Just haven't quite gotten around to it yet..

Old 03-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Dorsai
Laughing Gas
OK, I got so excited by this success that I decided to track down my persistent oil leak. I dumped some dye into the engine oil, ran the truck for a bit, then got down underneath with my blacklight. I guess I let it run too long, because the underside lit up like the sheets at a Motel 6, but I think I still found the leak(s) - one around the oil pressure sending unit, and one from the oil filter.

I'm guessing I didn't clean the surface on the block well enough when I took the filter off that had been stuck there for years, but that should be easy to fix. Is there anything I need to be aware of changing the sending unit? I am assuming it just screws on and off. This is on the I-6 engine.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:59 PM
93idi7.3
Senior User
I changed my master cylinder n bled my brakes on my 93 250 idi after 32 mile threw town with no brakes. Tomarrow is a new day with more parts to replace, air filter, 2 u joints, change oil n filter, therostat, tie rods, n rear brake shoes o wat joy

Old 03-20-2011, 01:42 AM
6fifty_f1fifty
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drove the **** out of mine trying to catch a ferry since they have re-routed some for repairs, making it hard to get around the area. My mileage seems to be pretty dismal with my new rear diff ratio of 3.55, at 55 my truck is running 2400+/- and the poor motor seems wound out at 3k. I might have to think about headers and an offy intake, along with an rv cam...

Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 AM
ColdForge
Senior User
reconditioned dash pad and put a new speaker in. Replaced all rightside glowplugs,Upgraded headlights and wiring harness. New ford symbol on the front(got a new R for the back but to small) And gave it a set of ***** lol

Old 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM
ebodell
Senior User
I swapped out the EEC-IV feedback system to a Duraspark II today. The P.O. of the truck had installed a non-feedback carb but left the balance of the system installed. I completed the swap and removed the only harness. What a difference it made. It is like driving a completely different truck.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:08 PM
fordnut forever
Postmaster
just done my 86 to DS2 and turned my dog into a real truck and very happy, now a brake line along the frame rail is leaking so thats next & then onto the body

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?