What have you done to your truck today? - Page 515 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Old 09-29-2012, 08:45 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis View Post
Argggh! FTE is having multi-quote problems. Last night I had to quote and then copy Bill Vose' post and then quote Shaun's and drop Bill's in. Same thing this morn - I just did the same for these quotes.
One of the other mods dug into this some, and found....

Post #7667 is where the problem begins (began); multi-quoting above that works, multi-quoting starting on the next page works again.

So, I looked at the post... YouTube videos surrounded with IMG tags, not URL tags, that seems to be what screwed things up.

I replaced with URL tags, multi-quoting on that page seems to work again.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post
One of the other mods dug into this some, and found....

Post #7667 is where the problem begins (began); multi-quoting above that works, multi-quoting starting on the next page works again.

So, I looked at the post... YouTube videos surrounded with IMG tags, not URL tags, that seems to be what screwed things up.

I replaced with URL tags, multi-quoting on that page seems to work again.
So, was that something I did? And it impacted me, only?

Edit: Answered my own question - followed the link you supplied. Thankfully it wasn't me. But, thanks to you for getting it found and then fixing it.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:40 AM
BAMAFAN2169
Junior User
BAMAFAN2169 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post
Can you be more specific? To where, exactly, are you trying to upload? What are the file sizes?
I'm trying to upload them to my garage and then transfer them to an album and profile picture. The file size is 3.5 MB it was initially 10MB.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:54 AM
FordFETruck
Postmaster
FordFETruck has a great reputation on FTE.FordFETruck has a great reputation on FTE.FordFETruck has a great reputation on FTE.FordFETruck has a great reputation on FTE.
Today I ripped my intake back off after my Fail-Pro 1250-S3 gaskets didn't seal due to the stupid exhaust crossover blocks causing the intake to do a teeter tot and not seal right. Didn't even get to fire it up, filled my #4 intake port with coolant too. I suggest anyone who wants to run 1250-S3's DO NOT glue those exhaust crossover plugs over the hole like the instructions say to do. The instructions say to do it exactly as I did it and it didn't work. I contacted felpro on that.... Good thing I noticed the external leak otherwise I'd probably be replacing a connecting rod or 2 right now...

Old 09-30-2012, 03:18 AM
dmarsh2400
Freshman User
dmarsh2400 is starting off with a positive reputation.
just getting started, seems like im spending more time and money, getting equipment and tools to get started with, bought welder, (craigslist), bought air compressor and air tools ( god bless " craigs list"). i have managed to knock some rust down with the wimpy tools i had, and managed to locate and replace driver door regulator.
So far, 800 on truck,,,,, and 1000 on equipment to work on truck. seems a little backwards, but from here on "moving forward"

Old 09-30-2012, 03:19 AM
FordFETruck
Postmaster
FordFETruck has a great reputation on FTE.FordFETruck has a great reputation on FTE.FordFETruck has a great reputation on FTE.FordFETruck has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by dmarsh2400 View Post
just getting started, seems like im spending more time and money, getting equipment and tools to get started with, bought welder, (craigslist), bought air compressor and air tools ( god bless " craigs list"). i have managed to knock some rust down with the wimpy tools i had, and managed to locate and replace driver door regulator.
So far, 800 on truck,,,,, and 1000 on equipment to work on truck. seems a little backwards, but from here on "moving forward"

Hey at least you'll have the tools for life now to do other things with them lol

Old 09-30-2012, 03:38 AM
dmarsh2400
Freshman User
got started today, put regulator in window, (not much of a first challenge, but had to start somewhere). bought welder and compressor, W/nice assortment of air tools, worked a bit on some rust on the hood, sanded and primered. like i said, doesn't seem like much but made me feel like a million....

Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 AM
dmarsh2400
Freshman User
oops, first posting...lol, didnt mean to repeat myself...didnt think i did it right.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:40 AM
dmarsh2400
Freshman User
that was the excuse i gave my wife,,,,lol, not sure she bought it..

Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Anafiel
Posting Guru
Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.
That's the best excuse out there. Anything else, and she can blame the truck directly. It works best if you spread the blame around like that...

Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Anafiel View Post
That's the best excuse out there. Anything else, and she can blame the truck directly. It works best if you spread the blame around like that...
My wife is smarter than that and I'll bet yours is as well. When I bought a truck out of a field and tried to explain it was the truck's fault she knew better since I'd bought the truck - therefore it was my faulty decision making. However, once Dad gave me his truck and I undertook the "restification" thereof it has been easier to get her to buy that it is the truck's fault. So, go find one that has sentimental value and then blame it.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 AM
RAY1986F150
Posting Guru
RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.RAY1986F150 has a good reputation on FTE.
DMarsh, where at in KY are you? Im moving back to the Louisville area next year. If you are in that area you are more than welcome to stay in contact and use my tools. My Dad has a decent garage with a lift we can work on thing with. I will be building a garage also. It'll be about a year from now before i get back though.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:08 AM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by BAMAFAN2169 View Post
I'm trying to upload them to my garage and then transfer them to an album and profile picture. The file size is 3.5 MB it was initially 10MB.
3.5 MB is still over 3x larger than I'd try to upload. The max size allowed is 1024 x 768 pixels, 976.6 kB (just under 1 MB) but I kinda doubt that's the problem as I'd think the software should reduce it for you.

However, 3.5 MB might still be so far out of the size limits that it can't handle it, I'd guess it could be a mathematical error because the numbers are just too big. Kinda like trying to divide by zero.

Many pictures are 100kB or less in size; think of the people with slow Internet connections (e.g. dialup) they're gonna get pissed off and leave if it takes 10 minutes to download a single forum page.

Again, I don't know for a fact that this is your problem, but try uploading something more reasonable in size and let me know what happens, OK?

Old 09-30-2012, 11:21 AM
BAMAFAN2169
Junior User
BAMAFAN2169 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok thanks for the info

Old 09-30-2012, 11:21 AM
dmarsh2400
Freshman User
im in the Red River Gorge area, Stanton, very close to Natural Bridge State Park, I was in louisville yersterday, bought my compressor off a gentleman in louisville, along with my sand blast tank.

thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.