Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Finally joining the 7.3 family!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:52 AM
F250_JR
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally joining the 7.3 family!

So this is it. I am selling my car this morning, and I will be getting a 7.3 immediately (as soon as I can find one that is). As some of you know, I have REALLY enjoyed the diesel Jetta, but it's finally time to move on. I'm getting a really good price for it, and the best part is that now, I won't have to take out a loan to get the truck I need, or put it off till I get out of college.

Obviously, the money hasn't officially changed hands yet, but the buyer is bringing cash and unless something terribly unexpected goes down, I can't see anything happening that would jeopardize the sale.

I want to go ahead and thank kwikkordead for the help he has offered me multiple times with my car. He actually helped me and my dad when we were searching for Jetta's, and he has helped us out several times since then with various issues I've had with the car.

I also want to thank my dad...I know a lot of you are really close with him, but I want you all to understand something about him. He REALLY IS one of the hardest working men I know, and even more importantly, he has worked for my entire life to pass those work stills on to me. I know people and have friends whose dads have ALL SORTS of skills, that they have NEVER bothered to pass on to their sons. But my dad has done that with me. He has given me invaluable life tools over the years by including me in the process when he would buy or sell a vehicle, and making me help him when he worked on our vehicles. I remember being really little (probably 11 or 12) and helping him change the spark plugs and distributor cap in his '86 F150, and then a few years later, he trusted me to do my first oil change by myself, without his supervision. On our dd family vehicle no less. Now, I am comfortable doing whatever I need to to fix my own vehicle, and figuring it out and finding answers when I don't know what to do. I've been doing a lot of that lately too lol. And to top it off, I have handled this sale of my car pretty much by myself (although I have been asking dad for input along the way). He is the one who has enabled me to take care of myself in these capacities. Thanks dad.

EXCITED TO JOIN THE FAMILY!!!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:31 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats, Benjamin. I love your story. It's great to have people in our lives that care enough to help us and make sure we are prepared for life's battles. Thanks to all the parents, friends, and others who have seen to help make our lives a bit easier.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:00 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome Benjamin I am glad to see one of your dreams come true. I agree both Dan and your Dad are great people that I have great admiration for and have had the honor to have meet them both in person.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:06 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Benjamin... you're an awesome, son, and I can easily see that you're well on your way to becoming a better man than I am.

That said, the sale went great this morning and we poured our inspection skills all over a 2001 F250 Crew this afternoon, but it is a "no go" for now. They had just done two injectors and a PS pump, which is not too bad, but the wheel was chipped and slightly dusted, there was dirt behind the dash, it has either a chip or flash in it, the rotational velocity was imbalanced on cylinders 6 and 8, the truck accelerated greatly but had an extremely rough run with some loping/missing, even during hard acceleration, it belched out tons of white smoke and took a long time for that to almost clear up (never went away completely). Just way too many questions with potentially costly outcomes. We'll keep looking.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:13 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

A well articulated post M8. I think your dad has done a good job, you sound like a straight up guy. Welcome to the brotherhood. Oh and good hunting for you future purchase.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:16 PM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

I hope y'all find one locally. There tends to be plenty here in CO, but with winter coming (and snow in the high country!! WOOT!!) they'll be at a premium here.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:07 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
There are plenty in Texas, too, but that works out to be a combination of a flight and a long drive.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:39 AM
F250_JR
Senior User
thanks for the kind words guys. Believe me, I am hoping and praying that I will find a truck soon...I can only call in so many favors from friends before I will start having trouble getting to work without a vehicle. This is a really weird feeling not having a means of transportation lol.

Me and my dad are working on it though! We will keep y'all updated.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 789 Likes on 601 Posts
Now that is a great opening post! Not for mentioning me, but for making your parents very proud.
Reps sent and everyone else that can, please rep him, he deserves it.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the family.

That's a great way to learn is to have your dad help guide you. My youngest son has an interest in cars so I'm trying to show him the basics. He's 11 so no time like the present.