1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

00 ranger pass airbag abd sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 06:03 PM
huey224
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00 ranger pass airbag abd sensors

my cousin wrecked his 2000 ranger popped both bags i went to junk yard got the driver side bag so far. but how do you get passenger side bag out? and if anybody else knows where is the crash sensors im afraid to put in the new bag till i change or check them i figured as soon as i plugged it in it would go off cause of the sensor's any help or info would be highly appreciated

Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
To get to the passenger airbag, open the glove compartment and squeeze the ends so that the door swings down. Get underneath and look for two bolts that secure the airbag module to the dash. Keep in mind that there is an electrical connector that needs to be disconnected before the module can be completely removed.

On your '00, there are two crash sensors, but they are integral to the Restraints Control Module (RCM). The RCM is mounted on the center tunnel under the instrument panel.

"WARNING: The restraints control module (RCM) orientation is critical for correct system operation. If a vehicle equipped with an air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) has been involved in a collision in which the center tunnel area has been damaged, inspect the mounting and bracket for deformation. If damaged, the RCM must be installed new whether or not the air bags have deployed. In addition, make sure the area of the RCM mounting is restored to its original condition. "