1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It seems that the days are gone...

Old 10-17-2010, 03:10 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
70 on the highway around here. I think I'm going to drive around with my GoPro on to record the imbeciles that various states have licensed to drive. It's ridiculous! NE Florida, SE Georgia is by far the worst continental US location that I have seen for drivers.
Allow me to invite you to an afternoon of driving in the cesspool of all things traffic, Chicago, also home to a traffic camera at about every intersection. Add that to salt damaged pavement and potholes big enough to swallow your 6.4 oiler and enough drunks at all hours and illegals with dubious identification and you have the traffic "perfect storm"

Old 10-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I personallu hate people that don't want to drive the speed limit, but also don't want anyone in their lane ahead of them, I hate people that have poorly adjusted lights and or feel the need to use high beams, fail to yeild right of way. In my work truck I pray they don't yeild right of way. I hate that pos chevy. But this isn't the topic. The topic is the price of the truck and given the price it is hard to find a truck with anything added. About 4 months ago I found a few for 27k that were either regular cab or ext cab 4x4 psds. That was with all the rebates. The deals and trucks are out there you just have to hunt for them.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:16 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Back on topic, thanks Randy. There's a dealer here who still has a few '09 (new) 2wd F250 fleeters with 5.4s. 16,900 + tax and license, no bs. Best way to get a new work vehicle if you dont mind sitting on hose down vinyl.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:34 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was looking for a truck my needs were fairly basic... used F250 or F350, 6.4 diesel (therefore 2008-2010), crew cab, 4x4, black or red, maybe blue, decent mileage, great condition. I was finding examples for $40k or more with 40k miles on them. the best deal I found (that got away) was a 2008 F350 Harley SRW 4x4 diesel. 38K miles, $39k. So I bought new using rebates, discounts, x-plan, trade-in, whatever I could get credit for. Ended up buying new for less than used. In fact, the NADA retail value for the truck is over $7k more than what I paid.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:38 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Originally Posted by LMS Residential
Allow me to invite you to an afternoon of driving in the cesspool of all things traffic, Chicago, also home to a traffic camera at about every intersection. Add that to salt damaged pavement and potholes big enough to swallow your 6.4 oiler and enough drunks at all hours and illegals with dubious identification and you have the traffic "perfect storm"

I'll take your invitation and cordially decline. Hells no! Here I think most of the drivers are highway drunk from trying to drive from Maine or Canada to Fort Lauderdale without stopping.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:00 PM
TexasRebel
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In fact I would bet that as soon as you turn on the cruise control, it would downshift a gear or 2 to maintain speed... depending on your gearing.
My transmission won't do anything without my permission

Old 10-17-2010, 04:30 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Originally Posted by TexasRebel
My transmission won't do anything without my permission

Dayum. You've got mad game!

Old 10-17-2010, 04:37 PM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Ruffstuff I forgot what a great driver you are, and I've made 42 years of hauling equipment to job sites across Northeast Vermont, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, from 1 ton diesel's and When I was 21 years old my first job was driving tractor-trailer for NFO hauling milk, I probably was driving a truck before you were born, All that aside I hope you're not honestly telling me your electric braking system is going to stop a load in a controlled manner Every time At those speeds, laughing out loud. It's the things you don't expect that happen. I notice those specifications. I asked you a simple question have you ever hauled with an F150 and what was the maximum you ever pulled? to even suggest that an F150 has the same capacities of the super duty I know I'm wasting my conversation with you from the geometry of the steering system right down to the frame of the truck There not even close nevermind if you want to put a plow on the truck. Please by all means you are entitled to your opinion, We all have them but to tell people it's ridiculous to buy a super duty without a diesel That's got to be about the most @#@$#@$ thing I've ever heard said on this website take care.

PS slow down, you might save your own life someday ;-).

Old 10-17-2010, 04:41 PM
TexasRebel
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
Dayum. You've got mad game!
nah, I'm just clutch

Old 10-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Ace!
Cargo Master
My version of a "base" model truck is about $36k - $38k MSRP. I'd have to order it though because dealerships tend not to carry the XL 4x4 SC SB with gas and 4.3 gearing. I figure with rebates and X-plan pricing it might be $30k - $32k (but I'm not buying right now). For what I'd want/need, there is no $25k new 3/4 ton truck.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:26 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Originally Posted by radium
Ruffstuff I forgot what a great driver you are, and I've made 42 years of hauling equipment to job sites across Northeast Vermont, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, from 1 ton diesel's and When I was 21 years old my first job was driving tractor-trailer for NFO hauling milk, I probably was driving a truck before you were born, All that aside I hope you're not honestly telling me your electric braking system is going to stop a load in a controlled manner Every time At those speeds, laughing out loud. It's the things you don't expect that happen. I notice those specifications. I asked you a simple question have you ever hauled with an F150 and what was the maximum you ever pulled? to even suggest that an F150 has the same capacities of the super duty I know I'm wasting my conversation with you from the geometry of the steering system right down to the frame of the truck There not even close nevermind if you want to put a plow on the truck. Please by all means you are entitled to your opinion, We all have them but to tell people it's ridiculous to buy a super duty without a diesel That's got to be about the most @#@$#@$ thing I've ever heard said on this website take care.

PS slow down, you might save your own life someday ;-).

Actually, I am an awesome driver, and when I'm not driving I like to race motorcycles. Here's hoping your memory improves.
You spent way too much time typing and not nearly enough time reading. I didn't suggest anything, everything I said was based on the information provided to all of us by Ford. I didn't say the F150 was a better hauler, I merely repeated the information that under a certain configuration, the F150 has a higher rated capacity than the F250. You can get your panties all wadded up if you want to, but your dispute lies with Ford, I repeat, NOT ME. I asked what the benefit was, and a few people responded with an intelligent answer, the rest made a pathetic attempt at what could be loosely construed as flaming, but I have tougher skin than that. I never said anything about my electric brakes stopping me everytime, my response was to a previous statement dealing with a one-time situation. And yes my brakes will help me slow down. Not a single recommendation I have ever made was based on something I haven't done myself. I say go diesel, not because I am an expert and its a fact, but because I did buy a diesel and I'm loving every minute of it when I am towing. Around town, unloaded, its a push, except when I floor it and the turbo spools up. Yes there is more maintenance involved, yes there's a damn DPF filter and the cleaning cycles, yes it takes an extra 5-10 minutes to fill up due to foaming in the tank, I can live with that. Also, I live 2 miles north of Florida, so a snowplow wouldn't see much use, but thanks for bringing that up. Maybe we'll get to why later, who knows?

I wonder why it seems so criminal around here to say that I spent money on a product and I think its great. I spent money on a diesel truck, and its great. My 6.4 is better than your 5.4. My 6.4 is better than your 6.8. My 6.4 is not better than your 6.7. I can accept that.

[Insert joke about ENSURE here]

BTW speed in and of itself on the highway isn't dangerous. Speed differential is.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:30 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Originally Posted by Ace!
My version of a "base" model truck is about $36k - $38k MSRP. I'd have to order it though because dealerships tend not to carry the XL 4x4 SC SB with gas and 4.3 gearing. I figure with rebates and X-plan pricing it might be $30k - $32k (but I'm not buying right now). For what I'd want/need, there is no $25k new 3/4 ton truck.
You are most likely correct unless there is a hidden warehouse somewhere... and of course the truck will be white.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Surge08
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my 2004 F350 for 24850

Old 10-17-2010, 05:57 PM
TexasRebel
Cargo Master
I got my '08 for $17,200 in 2008... that's my point.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:00 PM
TexasRebel
Cargo Master
My 6.4 is better than your 5.4. My 6.4 is better than your 6.8.
it depends on what you mean by "better"

if better means +$6,000 MSRP, reduced payload, and an additional $9.50 at the pumps... sure... yours is better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It seems that the days are gone...