Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Interior and exterior light wiring diagram

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Old 10-13-2010, 10:27 PM
AndeyHall
Posting Guru
AndeyHall is starting off with a positive reputation.

Does anybody know where I can find a wiring diagram of the inside and outside lights on the 6.0s? I'm trying to wire up my running boars lights to my dome lights and tail lights but don't know the colors or locations of the wires. The tail lights wouldn't be as hard to find as the dome lights, but if anybody knows the location and color of both that would be good.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:58 AM
dchamberlain
Post Fiend
dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
I don't know if you can zoom in on these enough to see them. If you can't, let me know which individual diagram numbers you need and I can post them larger. There is too many to just post them all.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Lighting 1.pdf (291.2 KB, 11126 views)
File Type: pdf
Lighting 2.pdf (188.3 KB, 5202 views)
Old 10-14-2010, 11:10 AM
AndeyHall
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by dchamberlain View Post
I don't know if you can zoom in on these enough to see them. If you can't, let me know which individual diagram numbers you need and I can post them larger. There is too many to just post them all.
When I get on a computer I'll check it out. But thanks for the diagrams man.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:18 PM
AndeyHall
Posting Guru
Do you know if the lights to the license plate come on when your headlights are on?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:23 PM
dchamberlain
Post Fiend
dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
The license plate lights are wired into the same circuit as the parking lights. So they'd be on with the parking lights and so also the headlights.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:24 PM
AndeyHall
Posting Guru
And on 89-1, how could I find the wire coming off of that main light switch in the bottom left hand corner? Do you know wire colors and locations?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:38 PM
dchamberlain
Post Fiend
The wire colors are on the diagrams. OG/LG I think means Orange/Light Green.

However, that is a VREF signal (probably 5 volts) to the Instrument Cluster module. I doubt that's a wire you want to use. You probably want to use something tied to the Interior Lamps Relay output.

Here is the wiring color chart. The first two letters are the wire, the second two are the stripe.

Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2010, 12:42 PM
AndeyHall
Posting Guru
The wire colors are on the diagrams. OG/LG I think means Orange/Light Green.

However, that is a VREF signal (probably 5 volts) to the Instrument Cluster module. I doubt that's a wire you want to use. You probably want to use something tied to the Interior Lamps Relay output.

Here is the wiring color chart. The first two letters are the wire, the second two are the stripe.
Ok thanks for the info. Took my dome light down and figured out that the black wire with a blue stripe is what powers it. You think that runs down into the door panel or would it change colors by that point.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:50 PM
dchamberlain
Post Fiend
According to 89-1, the wire coming out of the HEC from the Interior Lamps Relay is black with light blue. So I'd say that is the same wire and it should be somewhere under the dash.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:56 PM
AndeyHall
Posting Guru
According to 89-1, the wire coming out of the HEC from the Interior Lamps Relay is black with light blue. So I'd say that is the same wire and it should be somewhere under the dash.
Sounds good. And just for reference, I'm wiring up some king ranch running boards on my truck and I'm trying to get them so that they come on with my unlock button and when the door opens, and also when my lights cut my headlights on. So you may have better suggestions as to what wires to use. I'd like to find 2 decently close together to use less wire but I'm not sure how well that's gonna work out.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:00 PM
dchamberlain
Post Fiend
Are there two circuits in the running boards? One for courtesy lights and one for running lights? If not, you're going to need some way to isolate the two circuits into one, or you're going to get power feeding from one circuit back into the other, and your dome lights will turn on with your running lights, and vice versa.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:02 PM
AndeyHall
Posting Guru
Are there two circuits in the running boards? One for courtesy lights and one for running lights? If not, you're going to need some way to isolate the two circuits into one, or you're going to get power feeding from one circuit back into the other, and your dome lights will turn on with your running lights, and vice versa.
I went to radioshack and got a full wave bridge rectifier for that.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:28 AM
AndeyHall
Posting Guru
Got my running boards wired up just how I wanted and they work great! The diagrams were a huge help! I got one last project I want to do with the headlights though. Do you have a wiring diagram for those? I just need to know what color the power wire is going directly into the headlights.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 AM
dchamberlain
Post Fiend
These should work

Attached Images   
Old 10-15-2010, 10:11 AM
AndeyHall
Posting Guru
These should work
Thanks for the help man. Do you know if the Light Green and Black wire would be the power wire or if the Dark Blue and White wire would be the power wire?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interior and exterior light wiring diagram

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.